"Waiting Room"

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

seamusTX
Posts in topic: 40

Re: "Waiting Room"

Post by seamusTX »

Donna,

I did not realize you are a lady. Depending upon where you live, there are some women's shooting groups.Certainly Houston, Galveston County, and Dallas. Seeing what people do in real life is priceless.

Ladies who want to dress fashionably and carry without looking like they have a saddlebag really have a challenge. There is a section of this forum for that, and it's outside my area of expertise.

- Jim
Fear, anger, hatred, and greed. The devil's all-you-can-eat buffet.

texasdjg
Posts in topic: 5

Post by texasdjg »

My DPS/CHL on-line status changed today to "Concealed Handgun License : Mailed". Yay!

Donna
:txflag:

McKinney Resident
Posts in topic: 2

Post by McKinney Resident »

I regret not mailing my packet certified mail because now I don't know if DPS got it or if a postal employee saw it and went postal. Online status continues to say awaiting paperwork.

Timeline:

10/8: Online App.
10/10: CHL class. Pass. Pictures taken.
10/11: Mailed paperwork.
10/16: Fingerprints.
10/22: Called DPS for status. Operator stated she received my fingerprints, but not the paperwork. She advised to give it a few weeks.
11/1: No status change. Still waiting for paperwork.

I've been reading this board for a couple of weeks now and my wait does not seem to be inconsistent, so I will just be patient. BUT I sure do wish I sent that packet certified.
McKinney, TX

jayinsat
Posts in topic: 8

Post by jayinsat »

McKinney Resident wrote:I regret not mailing my packet certified mail because now I don't know if DPS got it or if a postal employee saw it and went postal. Online status continues to say awaiting paperwork.

Timeline:

10/22: Called DPS for status. Operator stated she received my fingerprints, but not the paperwork. She advised to give it a few weeks.

I've been reading this board for a couple of weeks now and my wait does not seem to be inconsistent, so I will just be patient. BUT I sure do wish I sent that packet certified.
Be patient. It takes 2-3 weeks before the online status shows received.

FYI, DPS only updates their website once/day at about 6am so don't be like me, checking multiple times/day. You'll just drive yourself bananas. :nono:
Armed not dangerous but potentially lethal.
CHL Application mailed 10/2/12
Plastic in hand 11/16/12

TexasCajun
Posts in topic: 16

Post by TexasCajun »

:thumbs2: Congrats texasdjg! It's a great feeling to know that there's at least one more of "us" out there!

Hang in there McKinney. Check the DPS site once per day (pick whatever time you like best) & then prepare for when you actually have plastic in hand. Research the Wally-Walk, research concealment, run through various 'what-if' scenarios in your head & research other people's experiences in similar situations, practice carrying at home, run through some dry-fire practice sessions at home, get in some range time, and so on and so forth. There's lots you can do in preparation. I did a lot of this very same stuff & I firmly believe that it kept me from going bonkers during all the waiting.
Opinions expressed are subject to change without notice.
NRA TSRA TFC CHL: 9/22/12, PSC Member: 10/2012

sfemti33
Posts in topic: 3

Post by sfemti33 »

Mine took 20 days from the day I mailed it in for them to acknowledge it was received and now it says background pending. :clapping:

Waco1959
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Waco1959 »

sfemti33 wrote:Mine took 20 days from the day I mailed it in for them to acknowledge it was received and now it says background pending. :clapping:
Mine was about 21 from mailed to background pending. I spent another week under review and now in Manufacturing status.

dafobbishon3
Posts in topic: 6

Post by dafobbishon3 »

I sent mine out to the DPS Priority mail on 10/23, still haven't changed any sort of status, website says they are still waiting to receive paperwork, though like many of you have said, sometimes it takes a while for that to update even though it's already been processed. At any rate.

10/13 took CHL course
10/23 submitted fingerprints and sent paperwork to DPS

Hopefully I get it before Thanksgiving! I'd love to do my wally walk to pick up some turkey and mashed taters! Right now I'm just eagerly waiting for that status to change while I'm here at work doing the graveyard shift exploring many more threads on this wonderful forum, and it shall be many more graveyard shifts until I see an update or see some plastic in my hand!

Waco1959

Post by Waco1959 »

Waco1959 wrote: Mine was about 21 from mailed to background pending. I spent another week under review and now in Manufacturing status.
Status changed this morning to Mailed. So 5 weeks from mailed here to Mailed status. Not too bad.

McKinney Resident
Posts in topic: 2

Post by McKinney Resident »

Again my timeline:

The status as of last night was - awaiting paperwork. Today 11/3, the status as follows:

Application : Received
Fingerprints : Under review
Affidavits : Received
DL or ID : Valid
Citizenship : No documentation required
Passport photo holder : Received
Photo : Received
Proof of Classroom training : Received
Proof of Proficiency training : Received
Fee : Received
Background Check : Under review
Concealed Handgun License : Print pending completion of application review

Good sign. Keep you posted.
McKinney, TX

scottmeador

Post by scottmeador »

My wife and dad moved to pending manufacturing yesterday but I'm still stuck under review. All apps were sent at the same time but mine got delayed first at the USPS and then the DPS for some reason. Oh well, I guess that waiting a week after they get theirs won't make to much of a difference.

CoffeeNut
Posts in topic: 5

Post by CoffeeNut »

Well I'm already driving myself mad with the refreshing and it hasn't been a full two weeks since I've mailed it yet. Say's they're waiting on receipt of the materials which thanks to this forum I now know can stay there for awhile. Here's hoping I get an update soon.

Class done on 10/13
Fingerprints done on 11/02
Mailed on 11/03
EDC: Sig Sauer P320SC / P238

dafobbishon3

Post by dafobbishon3 »

dafobbishon3 wrote:I sent mine out to the DPS Priority mail on 10/23, still haven't changed any sort of status, website says they are still waiting to receive paperwork, though like many of you have said, sometimes it takes a while for that to update even though it's already been processed. At any rate.

10/13 took CHL course

Hopefully I get it before Thanksgiving! I'd love to do my wally walk to pick up some turkey and mashed taters! Right now I'm just eagerly waiting for that status to change while I'm here at work doing the graveyard shift exploring many more threads on this wonderful forum, and it shall be many more graveyard shifts until I see an update or see some plastic in my hand!
UPDATE

10/13 CHL course
10/23 send documents and fingerprints
11/10 application and documents received, background check under review
:thewave

Waco1959

Post by Waco1959 »

I'm out. Plastic received today so it took a two days over 6 weeks from the day I mailed until received and that included 2 postal holidays.

:cool:

09/22 Class
09/23 Online App
09/28 Fingerprints
09/29 Mailed info
11/01 CHL mailed
11/13 Received

dafobbishon3

Post by dafobbishon3 »

dafobbishon3 wrote:
dafobbishon3 wrote:I sent mine out to the DPS Priority mail on 10/23, still haven't changed any sort of status, website says they are still waiting to receive paperwork, though like many of you have said, sometimes it takes a while for that to update even though it's already been processed. At any rate.

10/13 took CHL course

UPDATE

10/13 CHL course
10/23 sent documents and fingerprints
:thewave

Another update!

10/13 CHL course
10/23 sent documents and fingerprints
11/16 background check completed, manufacturing pending.

I'm almost there! :woohoo

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”