No Status Change 3 Weeks?

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
dmurrey
Posts in topic: 3

No Status Change 3 Weeks?

Post by dmurrey »

I mailed in all of my paperwork 3 or 4 weeks ago, and upon reading some posts in this forum I found out I could review the status of my application. When I reviewed my status, it still says they have not received any of my paperwork! Do I need to call these guys? Do you think my mailman hates guns and threw away my application? This stinks.

GeoffB
Posts in topic: 1

Re: No Status Change 3 Weeks?

Post by GeoffB »

This post might be able to help you out. viewtopic.php?f=42&t=58953#p726102 It looks like he sent his in and didn't get an update for 3 weeks until it was pretty much ready. I sent mine in last week and still have not had an update. I keep telling myself to stop checking, but I sit in front of a computer all day at work and it is hard not to just check it every now and then.

Geoff

Topic author
dmurrey

Post by dmurrey »

GeoffB wrote:This post might be able to help you out. viewtopic.php?f=42&t=58953#p726102 It looks like he sent his in and didn't get an update for 3 weeks until it was pretty much ready. I sent mine in last week and still have not had an update. I keep telling myself to stop checking, but I sit in front of a computer all day at work and it is hard not to just check it every now and then.

Geoff

Thanks,

That is very helpful and makes me feel better. I just called them and they said they haven't received it, but I am betting the lady I spoke with is checking the same database of information I can view. She said I should re-send my information. It wouldn't be so bad except I don't remember exactly what day I sent my application. I know it was sometime last month. I will keep waiting. Fortunately I'm not really in a hurry. I bet I am just in the mess of people trying to get a CHL before the election. haha.

Topic author
dmurrey

Post by dmurrey »

Great Goodness! One day they can't find my application and they tell me to resend it (good thing I didn't) Today I checked the status and it now looks like this:

Application : Received
Fingerprints : Complete
Affidavits : Received
DL or ID : Valid
Citizenship : No documentation required
Passport photo holder : Received
Photo : Received
Proof of Classroom training : Received
Proof of Proficiency training : Received
Fee : Received
Background Check : Under review
Concealed Handgun License : Print pending completion of application review

SWEET, getting closer!

So basically it takes a long time for them to realize they have your application. Once they have your application everything seems to move quickly.

GREAT!

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”