I'll just wait over here.....

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
GeoffB
Posts in topic: 1

I'll just wait over here.....

Post by GeoffB »

I've been reading through the some of these posts and it looks like some people are getting their plastic in about a month, so I am crossing my fingers. Application was completed last week. CHL class on Sunday, and completed my fingerprinting yesterday so now they should have all they need. So in the meantime I am going to try and pay more attention to where I go and see if there are any 30.06 signs posted anywhere that I go on a regular basis.

Geoff

Teamless
Posts in topic: 1

Re: I'll just wait over here.....

Post by Teamless »

Welcome.
First thing to know, you probably won't see a status update on the DPS website for about 2 weeks, showing receipt of the documentation.

Second, ask lots of questions and do lots of reading

Lastly, when I first got my CHL a couple years ago, I was thinking I would see 30.06 signs everywhere.
Well, I was wrong, it is very rare that a see one.
Pay attention as well to the 51% signs.

A couple of resources
http://www.texas3006.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -
you can add locations you visit that are posted 30.06 or 51% and you can research before you go somewhere, if someone else prior has noted it, it will show up

For 51%, you can search the TABC Directory
http://www.tabc.state.tx.us/PublicInquiry/Status.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Just fill out the basic info, like if you know the street, but not the zip code, just do the street
if you know the name has the word "SPOT" in it, but it could be "The Spot" or "Great Spot" or something, just put "Spot". If you narrow your search too much, you may block out the answer you are really looking for.
League City, TX
Yankee born, but got to Texas as fast as I could! NRA / PSC / IANAL

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”