His full Name is: Willard Mitt Romney

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Dragonfighter
Posts in topic: 4

Re: His full Name is: Willard Mitt Romney

Post by Dragonfighter »

I am sick:

Of Thomas Jefferson being right, that a two party system will be our undoing.
That our Republic has been denigrated to the point that most are comfortable with the label "democracy".
That a few liberal leaning states get to decide the primary for the rest of the country.
That due to this we are forced to repeatedly chose between the lesser of two evils and not have a real chance of installing a "good" candidate.
That in four years our country has been brought to the brink of dissolution.

I am voting for Romney.
I Thess 5:21
Disclaimer: IANAL, IANYL, IDNPOOTV, IDNSIAHIE and IANROFL
"There is no situation so bad that you can't make it worse." - Chris Hadfield, NASA ISS Astronaut

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 77

Post by RoyGBiv »

Republican Mitt Romney lambastes 2-state solution
http://www.jpost.com/USPresidentialrace ... ?id=285410" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Palestinians "have no interest whatsoever in establishing peace," adding Iran would use nuclear capability to blackmail US.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Geaux Tigers
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Geaux Tigers »

RoyGBiv wrote:Republican Mitt Romney lambastes 2-state solution
http://www.jpost.com/USPresidentialrace ... ?id=285410" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Palestinians "have no interest whatsoever in establishing peace," adding Iran would use nuclear capability to blackmail US.
Palestine was already split into a 2 state solution. Israel and Jordan.

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

Here is out future... Beholding to China.

No Mr. Obama, the National Debt is not really that important. </sarcasm>

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/chin ... Japan.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Beijing hints at bond attack on Japan

A senior advisor to the Chinese government has called for an attack on the Japanese bond market to precipitate a funding crisis and bring the country to its knees, unless Tokyo reverses its decision to nationalise the disputed Senkaku/Diaoyu islands in the East China Sea.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 91

Post by The Annoyed Man »

1. The middle east is in flames.
  2. China is not only threatening a bond attack on Japan, but they've moved naval assets into Japanese territorial waters and refuse to leave......and there exists an official Chinese map that shows those islands as belonging to Japan, so this is just a pretext for something else.....like the U.S. is busy and impotent, so we'll make trouble.
  3. Syrian jets are bombing Lebanon.
  4. Iran Revolutionary Guard troops are in both Syria and Lebanon (which Beiruty cannot blame on "The Jews").
  5. Russia is making a play for sponsoring Syria.
  6. An American ambassador is killed along with three others.
  7. The white house press office is saying that the attack was not an attack on America.
  8. The administration has an obnoxious film maker arrested in violation of his first amendment rights (while Michael Moore still roams free, not paying his fair share in taxes and scarfing up all the food.
  9. The white house has nothing to say about Bill Maher's equally insulting movie which attacks muslims as well as christians.
  10. Iraq is lost.
  11. Afghanistan is about to be lost.
  12. Iran has committed submarines to the gulf in preparation of blocking the straights of Hormuz.
  13. Iran is now 6 months from being a nuclear armed nation.
  14. Our embassy in LONDON, ENGLAND is set on fire by radical Islamist retards.
  15. Israel is about to act unilaterally since Obama has thrown her to the wolves.
  16. Obama's Sec State is strangely silent for the past couple of days, and various surrogates are instead speaking the administration's positions on all of these foreign developments.
  17. And this doesn't even BEGIN to address the fact that economy is in the crapper and Obama is an obstructionist to anything that would improve it.
Obama's answer to all of this? OMG!!!!! DID YOU HEAR WHAT ROMNEY SAID YESTERDAY?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Democrats are simply not to be taken seriously.......except that their particular brand of middle school insanity is so damned dangerous for the country.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

The political question tonight is, Is Obama incompetent or complicit?

74novaman
Posts in topic: 17

Post by 74novaman »

RoyGBiv wrote:The political question tonight is, Is Obama incompetent or complicit?
I honestly waver between the two. I have a really hard time deciding between the two options.
TANSTAAFL

Dave2
Posts in topic: 18

Post by Dave2 »

74novaman wrote:
RoyGBiv wrote:The political question tonight is, Is Obama incompetent or complicit?
I honestly waver between the two. I have a really hard time deciding between the two options.
Both... Complicit because it seems like the only rational explanation for his actions is that he wants the US taken down a notch; incompetent because I doubt he meant for things to get so scary in the Middle East.
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

74novaman wrote:
Really? I don't waver at all. He is clearly complicit. Everything he has done has forwarded his idea of America; a bankrupt country dependent upon its government for sustenance. Obama is a Marxist. There is nothing incompetent or happenstance about what he is doing.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

The Annoyed Man wrote:Obama's answer to all of this? OMG!!!!! DID YOU HEAR WHAT ROMNEY SAID YESTERDAY?!?!?!?!?!?!?
What Romney said was absolutely correct. There is about 46% of the population that will vote Democrat because they either desire to see the downfall of the US (a small percentage of the 47%) or they are too shortsighted to understand the consequences of their foolish desires (the vast majority.) Those who are innocent and still have a brain will not vote for Obama in November.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Beiruty »

Geaux Tigers wrote:
RoyGBiv wrote:Republican Mitt Romney lambastes 2-state solution

Palestine was already split into a 2 state solution. Israel and Jordan.

[ Image ]
Under International law Occupiers can't divide and declare states (including Israel) and borders and then colonize and allow mass illegal immigration to said occupied territories, confiscate land and build settlements to others.
British Mandate was from 1918 to 1948, in those 30 yrs, hundreds of thousands of illegal immigrants came from Europe under the protection of British Occupation. Have you heard about the Terrorist Jewish Hagganah group?
How about if Russia occupied New York city and state, deported and displaced its residents confiscated their land, declared said land as Siberian state land and allowed mass illegal immigration of Siberian Natives? Do you accept that?

The boats full of illegal Jew militants-immigrants (Hagana Terrorists) :
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

AlphaWhiskey
Posts in topic: 1

Post by AlphaWhiskey »

Beiruty, are you trying to bring a bashing down upon yourself? I applaud your courage and conviction here, to a point, but I am beginning to wonder whether or not you have embarked upon some sort of masochistic journey here.

What I see- You admit that the murdering protesters are justified in their acts, simply because the Prophet was slighted. You show, through your own examples, a reluctance to let history remain in the past, and (tacitly) remain a justification to carry out further acts of violence. If not justification for violence, at least a continued justification to keep hatred and vitriol alive and well. Then, you tell us about peace and how civilians and non-combatants are to be treated. I don't mean to insinuate you are in any way complicit with the evil doing people that just happen to also be muslim, but you send many mixed messages my friend.

I well understand that the difference between a freedom fighter and a terrorist is, essentially, defined by what side of the fight you are on. I think that is where you were trying to go with your Siberian New York concept. I am sure that the good people of Palestine never expected to see the British show up one day and take their land, just as we would never expect Russia to come and do the same here. The two concepts are pretty far apart, however. Without trying to sound cruel, it may be a good thing the muslim people apparently have such an affinity for history. If things continue to play out as they are (both in the ME as well as the rest of the world) we may be at the brink of a world war that will most likely plunge that region of the earth right back to the days when they were a world super power using sticks and rocks to achieve those exhalted military victories.

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

Beiruty wrote: Have you heard about the Terrorist Jewish Hagganah group?
Yes... Your terrorist is my freedom fighter, and vice-versa.

We could have peace in the ME TOMORROW, if the Muslim nations and the Palestinians chose peace. Instead, they pursue the notion of destroying Israel, rather than working together towards peace. Please don't insult me by accusing Israel of being the aggressor. If Israel dropped their weapons today, they would be wiped out tomorrow. If the Muslim nations and Palestinians dropped their weapons today, there would be peace and better economic opportunity tomorrow.

FYI... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palestinian_people" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Genetic analysis suggests that a majority of the Muslims of Palestine, inclusive of Arab citizens of Israel, are descendants of Christians, Jews and other earlier inhabitants of the southern Levant whose core reaches back to prehistoric times. A recent study of high-resolution haplotypes demonstrated that a substantial portion of Y chromosomes of Israeli Jews (70%) and of Palestinian Muslim Arabs (82%) belonged to the same chromosome pool.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ishmael" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Islamic traditions consider Ishmael [the first son of Abraham] to be the ancestor of Arab people, excluding Arabs who are descendants of Ya'rub. Arabs who are from Ishmael-descendant tribes are occasionally referred to as "Arabized-Arabs" to highlight their ancestry. The Prophet Muhammad was of these Arabs. However, some modern Arabs in Southern Palestine believe their tribes and houses to be of Isaac's blood line.

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Beiruty »

To the record, I do not condone, accept or justify attacks by extremists. My leader a great Muslim scholar was assassinated by extremists, the wahabists.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

Beiruty wrote:To the record, I do not condone, accept or justify attacks by extremists. My leader a great Muslim scholar was assassinated by extremists, the wahabists.
So how would you propose to stop extremist violence?

"Not condoning" and "Solving" are not the same thing.
One seems to give people cause to take the moral high ground, the other requires actual results that save lives on both sides.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”