Just.... Waiting....

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

elmatador
Posts in topic: 11

Re: Just.... Waiting....

Post by elmatador »

i keep harassing the mail guy luckily he is very cool.
and it goes just like this,, is it here yet? and he is like "no man sorry "

RIG78
Posts in topic: 6

Post by RIG78 »

elmatador wrote:...is it here yet? and he is like "no man sorry "
Followed by, "Damnit!" :grumble

:lol:

Topic author
GunNewb
Posts in topic: 94

Post by GunNewb »

Uhhhh what!!! My status didn't change to mailed this morning... This blows. I wish I could just forget that I will have CHL soon. I have invested WAY too much thought time into this whole thing...
07/27/12 - Completed Online Application
08/03/12 - Fingerprints submitted
08/04/12 - CHL course
08/06/12 - Packet Mailed to DPS
08/08/12 - DPS Recieved Packet
08/24/12 - BG Comp/Manufacturing Pending
08/25/12 - Manufacturing
08/29/12 - Mailed
09/04/12 - Plastic

gvmtcheeze
Posts in topic: 5

Post by gvmtcheeze »

It will happen soon, mine changed to mailed Saturday, now my days are going really slow, lol. And for some reason I still check the DPS website :waiting:

JAGER77
Posts in topic: 22

Post by JAGER77 »

Alrighty, mailed in on the 6th, website updated on the 28th. Better late than never. Fingerprints and background under review. Even though the lady said my background was complete over the phone. I'll be curious to know how long it actually takes once it says "mailed" to actually get it. :hurry:

Hennessy82
Posts in topic: 64

Post by Hennessy82 »

JAGER77 wrote:Alrighty, mailed in on the 6th, website updated on the 28th. Better late than never. Fingerprints and background under review. Even though the lady said my background was complete over the phone. I'll be curious to know how long it actually takes once it says "mailed" to actually get it. :hurry:

I mailed mine on 8/1/12 and the status updated to bgc and prints under review on 8/17/12. Nothing has changed since then. Some people it changes in 2 days and some 2 weeks. No telling

Topic author
GunNewb

Post by GunNewb »

JAGER77 wrote:Alrighty, mailed in on the 6th, website updated on the 28th. Better late than never. Fingerprints and background under review. Even though the lady said my background was complete over the phone. I'll be curious to know how long it actually takes once it says "mailed" to actually get it. :hurry:
Nice! Hopefully they complete the review in a timely manner.

I'm still in manufacturing right now. I thought they would have mailed it by now.... but no.....
08/04/12 - CHL course
08/25/12 - Manufacturing
08/29/12 - Mailed
09/04/12 - Plastic

txgrifter
Posts in topic: 62

Post by txgrifter »

Mine moved to manufacturing! :woohoo

Newb, I totally understand your feelings.. as convenient as this dps website is, it really makes things worse.. If we just mailed it off and knew it took from 30-90 days for them to send us the CHL, we probably would be content to wait.. but the fact we can see status makes us hope and pray we will be special and get it quicker than everyone else.. I will say one thing, the past 3 weeks I haven't gotten sh*t done at work.. all I do it visit forums, check my status and read up on new and interesting ways to conceal.. its like Christmas for adult yet we know Christmas is coming yet we don't know what day it is.. we just know we can check a web page that that will give us hints..

Saying that, off to check my status! :anamatedbanana
8/6/12 - Mailed to DPS
9/1/12 - Plastic in Hand

Topic author
GunNewb

Post by GunNewb »

txgrifter wrote:Mine moved to manufacturing! :woohoo

Newb, I totally understand your feelings.. as convenient as this dps website is, it really makes things worse.. If we just mailed it off and knew it took from 30-90 days for them to send us the CHL, we probably would be content to wait.. but the fact we can see status makes us hope and pray we will be special and get it quicker than everyone else.. I will say one thing, the past 3 weeks I haven't gotten sh*t done at work.. all I do it visit forums, check my status and read up on new and interesting ways to conceal.. its like Christmas for adult yet we know Christmas is coming yet we don't know what day it is.. we just know we can check a web page that that will give us hints..

Saying that, off to check my status! :anamatedbanana

EXACTLY!!! You nailed it with this post.

I'm at work right now... searching the forum... f5ing it up... worrying... hoping... hating and loving...
08/04/12 - CHL course
08/25/12 - Manufacturing
08/29/12 - Mailed
09/04/12 - Plastic

Topic author
GunNewb

Post by GunNewb »

I had a pretty interesting little creature waiting for me to open the door this morning... That's when I realized....

This:

Is one of the reasons why I want to carry this:

08/04/12 - CHL course
08/25/12 - Manufacturing
08/29/12 - Mailed
09/04/12 - Plastic

Distinguished Rick
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Distinguished Rick »

To you new guys waiting on your permits....

I hope you understand that carrying a loaded firearm in public places is not a game. I have read your posts and sat by quietly as some have acted like this responsibility is not serious business. I have carried since 1996 and have had an extensive military background doing nothing but shooting, both defensive and competitions. This isn't to be taken lightly. You or innocent bystanders may get killed due to your negligence. I strongly suggest that you attend classes and get proper instruction aside from the "tip of the iceberg" CHL class. You can't learn a whole lot in the brief time the state requires. This post is not intended to insult your intelligence or create confrontation but merely to open your eyes that carrying is a serious responsibility.
CHL holder since 1996.
USMC Shooting Team 1985 - 1988
Distinguished Pistol Shot Badge - 1986
"People sleep peacefully at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

Hennessy82

Post by Hennessy82 »

Distinguished Rick wrote:To you new guys waiting on your permits....

I hope you understand that carrying a loaded firearm in public places is not a game. I have read your posts and sat by quietly as some have acted like this responsibility is not serious business. I have carried since 1996 and have had an extensive military background doing nothing but shooting, both defensive and competitions. This isn't to be taken lightly. You or innocent bystanders may get killed due to your negligence. I strongly suggest that you attend classes and get proper instruction aside from the "tip of the iceberg" CHL class. You can't learn a whole lot in the brief time the state requires. This post is not intended to insult your intelligence or create confrontation but merely to open your eyes that carrying is a serious responsibility.

I've been shooting since I was 8 (now 30). I'm not saying I'm an expert, but I'm pretty good at shooting. I know the laws and practice extreme safety as well. For somebody with my background on shooting and safety, what classes would you recommend for me?
Last edited by Hennessy82 on Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

JAGER77
Posts in topic: 22

Post by JAGER77 »

Planning on taking more classes with MITARMS.COM, he is special forces and has other classes besides the CHL one. Thanks for the post. I want a more advanced training as well.

Topic author
GunNewb

Post by GunNewb »

Distinguished Rick wrote:To you new guys waiting on your permits....

Which posts are you taking about? I can't think of one....
08/04/12 - CHL course
08/25/12 - Manufacturing
08/29/12 - Mailed
09/04/12 - Plastic

Hennessy82

Post by Hennessy82 »

I hope "excitement" is not being mistaken for "irresponsibility". I'm sure you were excited to get your CHL. I haven't seen anybody acting in such a manner that would be considered a game.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”