Just.... Waiting....

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Hennessy82
Posts in topic: 64

Re: Just.... Waiting....

Post by Hennessy82 »

txgrifter wrote:
Hennessy82 wrote:Lol oh well. I'm still another 2-3 weeks out. Says my prints and BG is under review.
Interesting.. Prints under review and BG under review.. Mine says prints good and BG under review.. maybe there is a step in between we don't know about?

Friday afternoon all the statuses were green except fingerprints, background check, and the manufacturing of the card. I'm not sure why the prints or check would still be under review. Nothing on my record that would prevent me from getting it.

elmatador
Posts in topic: 11

Post by elmatador »

:anamatedbanana finally good news background check completed ,,, I am so happy now ,, well 2 weeks top and I will get my plastic

Topic author
GunNewb
Posts in topic: 94

Post by GunNewb »

Nice!!

I wonder what that kind of relief feels like... hmmm???
07/27/12 - Completed Online Application
08/03/12 - Fingerprints submitted
08/04/12 - CHL course
08/06/12 - Packet Mailed to DPS
08/08/12 - DPS Recieved Packet
08/24/12 - BG Comp/Manufacturing Pending
08/25/12 - Manufacturing
08/29/12 - Mailed
09/04/12 - Plastic

JAGER77
Posts in topic: 22

Post by JAGER77 »

It's back up, but no new news for me.

txgrifter
Posts in topic: 62

Post by txgrifter »

elmatador wrote::anamatedbanana finally good news background check completed ,,, I am so happy now ,, well 2 weeks top and I will get my plastic
Congrats! You deserve it considering you have been waiting so long!
:thewave
8/6/12 - Mailed to DPS
9/1/12 - Plastic in Hand

elmatador

Post by elmatador »

GunNewb wrote:Nice!!

is like ,,,,, ! nope you are not my baby dady! or like ,,, ! nope is not cancer just a birthmark!,, "rlol"
:shock: true stories by the way :mrgreen:
Last edited by elmatador on Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

txgrifter

Post by txgrifter »

elmatador wrote:
GunNewb wrote:Nice!!

is like ,,,,, ! nope you are not my baby dady! or like ,,, ! nope is not cancer just a birthmark!,, "rlol"
"rlol"
8/6/12 - Mailed to DPS
9/1/12 - Plastic in Hand

Topic author
GunNewb

Post by GunNewb »

Today has def. been the toughest day... It's starting to look like I wont get an update until tomorrow.
08/04/12 - CHL course
08/25/12 - Manufacturing
08/29/12 - Mailed
09/04/12 - Plastic

JAGER77
Posts in topic: 22

Post by JAGER77 »

Hopefully we'll be the 2 that get on board tomorrow. The next level of the wait has to be better than the 1st. Gotta make it over that hump, then it's all downhill!

elmatador

Post by elmatador »

GunNewb wrote:Today has def. been the toughest day... It's starting to look like I wont get an update until tomorrow.
Hey don't sweat it give it 2 more days you are right on schedule you will be fine ,, go to the range and play ,.. you will be fine but it usually takes around 2 weeks keep it up :thumbs2: and don't :banghead: well i will keep you posted on how it goes with my deal

txgrifter

Post by txgrifter »

GunNewb wrote:Today has def. been the toughest day... It's starting to look like I wont get an update until tomorrow.
If it is true what the lady said at DPS.. you might get a surprise when you see an update showing your background check is good.. remember when I called the same day as you they guy told me they had record of my account but nothing else showed up.. Tomorrow is the day, I feel it!
8/6/12 - Mailed to DPS
9/1/12 - Plastic in Hand

Hennessy82

Post by Hennessy82 »

My boss just walked into my office and sat down and started talking quietly to me. Asking how my day was and stuff. Thought he was about to fire me lol. We talked for a second then he leaned in and said "Do you have your CHL yet?" I replied "No sir, people in Austin are in no hurry for us Houston guys." He chuckled. He then asked if I was going to carry while here at the office. I replied "With your permission." He said he'd feel better if I did since the girls that work up front deal with some weird people all day.I work in the oil/gas/mining industry and our office isn't in the best part of town. I told him legally I could carry anyways since there are no signs but still wanted his permission. :txflag:

txgrifter

Post by txgrifter »

Hennessy82 wrote:My boss just walked into my office and sat down and started talking quietly to me. Asking how my day was and stuff. Thought he was about to fire me lol. We talked for a second then he leaned in and said "Do you have your CHL yet?" I replied "No sir, people in Austin are in no hurry for us Houston guys." He chuckled. He then asked if I was going to carry while here at the office. I replied "With your permission." He said he'd feel better if I did since the girls that work up front deal with some weird people all day.I work in the oil/gas/mining industry and our office isn't in the best part of town. I told him legally I could carry anyways since there are no signs but still wanted his permission. :txflag:
Nice!! Cool Boss, I work for a large cooperation and they don't like it.. we have those nice little signs out front :cryin
8/6/12 - Mailed to DPS
9/1/12 - Plastic in Hand

Hennessy82

Post by Hennessy82 »

txgrifter wrote:
Hennessy82 wrote:My boss just walked into my office and sat down and started talking quietly to me. Asking how my day was and stuff. Thought he was about to fire me lol. We talked for a second then he leaned in and said "Do you have your CHL yet?" I replied "No sir, people in Austin are in no hurry for us Houston guys." He chuckled. He then asked if I was going to carry while here at the office. I replied "With your permission." He said he'd feel better if I did since the girls that work up front deal with some weird people all day.I work in the oil/gas/mining industry and our office isn't in the best part of town. I told him legally I could carry anyways since there are no signs but still wanted his permission. :txflag:
Nice!! Cool Boss, I work for a large cooperation and they don't like it.. we have those nice little signs out front :cryin

Those signs are from the :reddevil

Topic author
GunNewb

Post by GunNewb »

Yeeessssssss!!!!

My status just changed!!!! I checked it at 6:15 and it still had the status pending message (almost cried)... But then I checked it again at 6:35 and it had changed.

:woohoo
08/04/12 - CHL course
08/25/12 - Manufacturing
08/29/12 - Mailed
09/04/12 - Plastic

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”