"Waiting Room"

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

mikeintexas
Posts in topic: 6

Re: "Waiting Room"

Post by mikeintexas »

mikeintexas wrote:
mikeintexas wrote:
mikeintexas wrote:My son-in-law and I took our CHL class yesterday. His is an initial application, mine was for my first renewal. I dropped my renewal paperwork off at the post office last (Sunday) evening with no special postage. The SIL was going to send his with the mail guy on his first run to the post office this morning.

Hopefully both will be back soon! I will update as I see changes and when the plastic is in hand.
Update:
Class-July 8
Apps mailed-July 9
SIL status changed to all received, waiting on background check-July 23
My status changed to all received for renewal, waiting on background check-July 25

Still waiting... But it has only been 2 1/2 weeks or so...
Ok, between Friday and saturday morning, my status changed from background changed to completed and pending manufacturing. Just waiting on the mail now. Three weeks from class to manufacturing.

My SIL said his status is still waiting on the background check to complete.
My SIL and the rest of the family have been out of state on vacation when my status changed from "manufacturing" to "mailed". My renewal should be in the mailbox when I get home. His changed to background check completed to "manufacturing" yesterday.

It looks like both our CHL should be in hand inside a month.

old farmer
Posts in topic: 2

Post by old farmer »

:tiphat:
We applied for renewals And paid July 26.
We attended classes July 29.
We mailed matterial July 31.
Tracking received August 1.
No change on status ...pending matterial...
:totap: :totap:
God Bliss America.

ffemt300
Posts in topic: 9

Post by ffemt300 »

Plastic! 33 days. mailbox to mailbox

mikeintexas
Posts in topic: 6

Post by mikeintexas »

mikeintexas wrote:
mikeintexas wrote:
mikeintexas wrote:
mikeintexas wrote:My son-in-law and I took our CHL class yesterday. His is an initial application, mine was for my first renewal. I dropped my renewal paperwork off at the post office last (Sunday) evening with no special postage. The SIL was going to send his with the mail guy on his first run to the post office this morning.

Hopefully both will be back soon! I will update as I see changes and when the plastic is in hand.
Update:
Class-July 8
Apps mailed-July 9
SIL status changed to all received, waiting on background check-July 23
My status changed to all received for renewal, waiting on background check-July 25

Still waiting... But it has only been 2 1/2 weeks or so...
Ok, between Friday and saturday morning, my status changed from background changed to completed and pending manufacturing. Just waiting on the mail now. Three weeks from class to manufacturing.

My SIL said his status is still waiting on the background check to complete.
My SIL and the rest of the family have been out of state on vacation when my status changed from "manufacturing" to "mailed". My renewal should be in the mailbox when I get home. His changed to background check completed to "manufacturing" yesterday.

It looks like both our CHL should be in hand inside a month.
Plastic was in today's mail. Not bad compared to my initial CHL 3.5 years ago. Mid November in the class/mail to end of January in hand.

The renewal went from class on July 8/mailed to Austin on July 9 to being in my mailbox August 8. The SIL's should be in the mail in the next day or 2 also.

elmatador
Posts in topic: 4

Post by elmatador »

I see everybody getting their licences and is good I am happy for them,,, i been in background check review for 43 days,,,, so.. how long is the dps suppose to take ? ,and from when they start counting? , is that business days or hole week ? any responses are welcome

ffemt300
Posts in topic: 9

Post by ffemt300 »

mine was whole days. My BG check was a week or so.

Hennessy82
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Hennessy82 »

I mailed mine on 8/1/12 and the status says:

"License Status: Application processed online. Concealed Handgun Licensing is waiting on the receipt of required materials. Once the application and materials have been received by Concealed Handgun Licensing and processing has begun, a more detailed status will appear on this page."

The water needs to hurry up and boil lol

GunNewb
Posts in topic: 2

Post by GunNewb »

Hennessy82 wrote:I mailed mine on 8/1/12 and the status says:

"License Status: Application processed online. Concealed Handgun Licensing is waiting on the receipt of required materials. Once the application and materials have been received by Concealed Handgun Licensing and processing has begun, a more detailed status will appear on this page."

The water needs to hurry up and boil lol
Welcome to the site! Mine was recieve by the DPS on 8/8/12 and I still see the same message each time I check.
07/27/12 - Completed Online Application
08/03/12 - Fingerprints submitted
08/04/12 - CHL course
08/06/12 - Packet Mailed to DPS
08/08/12 - DPS Recieved Packet
08/24/12 - BG Comp/Manufacturing Pending
08/25/12 - Manufacturing
08/29/12 - Mailed
09/04/12 - Plastic

TexasCajun
Posts in topic: 16

Post by TexasCajun »

Initial chl. Mailed my packet certified/receipt requested yesterday. I will try not to go ocd, or at least do my best. Any suggestions on what to do to pass the time? My mind is racing in about 100 directions all at once: go to the range, go to the gun show to buy a gun for carry, new holster, new clothes to accommodate carrying, tactics books/videos, etc. I can do this, just don't know how well....
Opinions expressed are subject to change without notice.
NRA TSRA TFC CHL: 9/22/12, PSC Member: 10/2012

elmatador
Posts in topic: 4

Post by elmatador »

finally 10 weeks on B C R and now is completed :anamatedbanana

TexasTrey
Posts in topic: 1

Post by TexasTrey »

This is my first post! This site has a great deal of information on CHL. It looks like this is going to be one of my new places to visit on the internet. First time CHL...waiting...but getting closer.
7/30/12-CHL-100 Training
7/30/12-Online Application
8/1/12-Electronic Fingerprints
8/1/12-Packet to TxDPS (Reg. US Mail)
8/17/12-Background Check Under Review
8/21/12-Background Check-Complete
08/21/12-Manufacturing Pending
08/22/12-Manufacturing
08/23/12-Mailed
08/28/12-Received

TexasCajun
Posts in topic: 16

Post by TexasCajun »

Received this on 8/20 in response to an email that I sent to TXDPS through the website
Dear Applicant,

Thank you for giving the Department the opportunity to respond to your email question regarding a Texas Concealed Handgun license.

Once documents are received by the department, they undergo processing before being entered into the system for the applicant to track. Please allow more time for your record to reflect the receipt of documentation. Right now, it takes 3-4 weeks before we can see a status of the paperwork you mailed in to us. The overall processing time for new applications is 60 days, and 45 days for renewals.

Should you have any additional questions or need further assistance, please contact Concealed Handgun Licensing Customer Relations at 1-512-424-7293.

Regards,
Darrell
Customer Service Representative
Still no change to my online status. So far I'm not doing very well at this waiting thing.
Opinions expressed are subject to change without notice.
NRA TSRA TFC CHL: 9/22/12, PSC Member: 10/2012

Chris1986
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Chris1986 »

I did fairly well with the "waiting game", but now that today makes a week since my status has changed to "mailed" and I still haven't gotten anything, getting a little ency. However, I have called the DPS in Austin and found that my license has been approved and is in the process of being mailed. They say that when it goes to mail status, that means it is being packaged and sent and can take 5-7 business days to go from them to my mail box and that I should have it by this Friday. So it is going fairly well. I am now sitting on day 31 since the paperwork went into my mail box to be mailed to the DPS. Not bad compared to what it can be. Can't wait for the infamous "Wally Walk". :thewave
Springfield XD-40 Service Model with IWB MTac Minotaur holster
Completed online application: 07/23/2012
Finger Prints & photos taken: 07/24/2012
CHL Class: 07/28/2012
Mailed Packet to DPS Austin: 07/30/2012
Packet received by DPS: 08/05/2012
Mailed: 08/22/2012
Plastic in hand: 08/31/2012

gvmtcheeze
Posts in topic: 1

Post by gvmtcheeze »

Chris1986 wrote:I did fairly well with the "waiting game", but now that today makes a week since my status has changed to "mailed" and I still haven't gotten anything, getting a little ency. However, I have called the DPS in Austin and found that my license has been approved and is in the process of being mailed. They say that when it goes to mail status, that means it is being packaged and sent and can take 5-7 business days to go from them to my mail box and that I should have it by this Friday. So it is going fairly well. I am now sitting on day 31 since the paperwork went into my mail box to be mailed to the DPS. Not bad compared to what it can be. Can't wait for the infamous "Wally Walk". :thewave
Good, thanks for the info. Mine went to "mailed" Sat 8/25, so I'm impatiently waiting, lol. :txflag:
My wife works for the city of Galveston, and I asked her why the government takes so long to do things, and her answer was, " 'cuz our husbands call us with stupid questions all the time" :shock:

Teamless
Posts in topic: 25

Post by Teamless »

gvmtcheeze wrote:cuz our husbands call us with stupid questions all the time"
"rlol"
League City, TX
Yankee born, but got to Texas as fast as I could! NRA / PSC / IANAL

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”