Great Southwest Gun Range

Places to practice & train

Moderator: carlson1

Silverback
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Great Southwest Gun Range

Post by Silverback »

I only wish this place was closer to home.

Paul, Nick, and Rick are great guys. I've known Nick for about 10 years. Took my CHL class here, and was treated great.

Great range guys, I'll be back as much as possible.

Big Matt
06-14-12: Online App
06-19-12: Fingerprints
06-24-12: Class Training
06-25-12: Mailed packet to DPS
07-11-12: DPS Updated - Background Check under review
07-21-12: Background Check Complete / Manufacturing Pending
07-25-12: Mailed
07-30-12: Received

bwilie

Post by bwilie »

My wife and I have been visiting Great Southwest for several months now. Great place to go and shoot and super guys working there. I had several different guys wait on me on my trips and every one of them has gone out of their way to be friendly and helpful. When my wife goes, they treat her very nice as well....none of the male "bravado" kinda stuff. My wife also shoots there with the "A Girl and a Gun" group and SW Gun has been VERY supportive of them.

Way to go guys!! I will continue to support your business! :hurry: :clapping:
TX CHL Instructor
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Instructor Home Firearm Safety, Personal Protection in the Home
NRA Range Safety Officer

pcernuch

Post by pcernuch »

Silverback wrote:I only wish this place was closer to home.

Paul, Nick, and Rick are great guys. I've known Nick for about 10 years. Took my CHL class here, and was treated great.

Great range guys, I'll be back as much as possible.

Big Matt

lemme know next time yall go out there. and whats doin' on the trap/skeet shooting??

god bless.

EvilNuff

Post by EvilNuff »

Looking at their website I don't see any range rules posted. Most (ok all that i've found) ranges do not allow draw from concealed firing and have a 1/second shot frequency rule. Is great southwest the same?

steve817
Posts in topic: 3

Post by steve817 »

EvilNuff wrote:Looking at their website I don't see any range rules posted. Most (ok all that i've found) ranges do not allow draw from concealed firing and have a 1/second shot frequency rule. Is great southwest the same?
Unless they have tightened up a bit since I last went there. They would let you shoot as fast as you wanted as long as you can keep it under control. They do request head shots be made from at least 10 yards out. But they do not let you draw from a holster. Last time I went they said upfront that they were gonna charge an additional $10.00 for shooting a shotgun because of the mess it makes. I guess they thought I was gonna use bird shot and rip the paper to shreds but I instead shot about 10 rods of 00 Buck. No mess, just a heavily perforated target.
When I finished they didn't charge the the extra money at all.
"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.."
-- Ronald Reagan

ftabangler13

Post by ftabangler13 »

Never been treated so well in a gun store (or any store for that matter) by each and every one of the employees as i was at Great Southwest. I didn't realize not all gun store employees have a big me, little you attitude.

Return to “Shooting Ranges”