Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Right2Carry
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

My belt from Beltman just arrived.

Post by Right2Carry »

I just received my belt from the Beltman :hurry:. I hope this thing wears as good as it looks.

“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, an American Soldier doesn't have that problem". — President Ronald Reagan, 1985

SQLGeek
Posts in topic: 1

Re: My belt from Beltman just arrived.

Post by SQLGeek »

Andy what do you mean? A tell that he is carrying?

I like the look of that belt!
Psalm 91:2

RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

I like that buckle, but I doubt I'll ever switch from CompTac belts, wish they had that buckle (actually the shape more than the color is what I mean, but the black looks good; should look great with my Black Duluth Trading Co pants for Winter church services) ... except I think someone posted another source for Velcro sewn in - kydex reinforced belts I might try some day if any of mine start to wear out ... because IIRC the price looked good, but I'm satisfied with CompTac.
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

SwimFan85

Post by SwimFan85 »

RPB wrote:I like that buckle, but I doubt I'll ever switch from CompTac belts, wish they had that buckle (actually the shape more than the color is what I mean, but the black looks good; should look great with my Black Duluth Trading Co pants for Winter church services) ... except I think someone posted another source for Velcro sewn in - kydex reinforced belts I might try some day if any of mine start to wear out ... because IIRC the price looked good, but I'm satisfied with CompTac.
The Beltman also sells buckles separately. $5 I think. http://thebeltman.net/buckles.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Our chains are forged! Their clanking may be heard on the plains of Boston!
The war is inevitable--and let it come! I repeat it, sir, let it come.

Teamless

Post by Teamless »

when i first read the title, I read it as "my belt from Batman came in" and I was curious to see a Batman belt LOL
League City, TX
Yankee born, but got to Texas as fast as I could! NRA / PSC / IANAL

RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

Thanks :tiphat: I might order buckles from there now; the buckle is the only thing I'd change about my CompTac belts

If I wasn't lazy I'd have gone to Tandy... I used to actually make belts, I'm retired from everything I don't want to do though; and like Sheldon Cooper, I rarely admit that anyone can do anything better than I, but I made my last belt just before I got my first CompTac belt :lol: I have some of my dad's leather tools from the 1940s and mine from the 1960s I guess I'll leave to a niece to sell as antiques some day, unless I take them to Lubbock ... and give them to m,y cousin Joe who owns
AAA Boot & Shoe Repair in Lubbock, TX. http://tx.chamberocommerce.com/member/1 ... 409_4th_St_" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

Thumper

Post by Thumper »

I love my Beltman belts. I have one that I've worn every day for almost 7 years now, and it's still in great shape.

9mmfan

Post by 9mmfan »

Once I get off my lazy butt and drop 40 pounds (again), I will prolly order a Beltman belt. Thank you for the positive insight into the product. I have heard absolutely nothing but good things about his/their products. As a born-again fatboy, I have been very pleased with my Wilderness Instructor Belt. I am fortunate in that I never need to tuck in a shirt unless it is for a marryin' or a buryin', tho the G19 is carried IWB. The last time I tucked, in fact, was for my own wedding back in December, and my beloved wife picked a local theater that is also a 51% joint for the ceremony and reception. :grumble Every last one of escaped unharmed, luckily. Wait, it was after we started dating/shacking up that I got comfortable and fat again... Makes one think.
A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
-Rudyard Kipling

Topic author
Right2Carry
Banned

Post by Right2Carry »

AndyC wrote:
SQLGeek wrote:Andy what do you mean? A tell that he is carrying?

I like the look of that belt!
A tell that he's possibly carrying, yes.

I'm not criticizing - just making the observation that matt black buckles are commonly-found on tag-gear eg. Instructors' belts or cop-gear, so it'd ring a little bell in my head.
Since I carry IWB and untucked 99% of the time, that little bell will never go off in your head.
“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, an American Soldier doesn't have that problem". — President Ronald Reagan, 1985

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”