ANOTHER MASS SHOOTING - Sikh Temple in WI

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 9

Re: ANOTHER MASS SHOOTING - Sikh Temple in WI

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

I wanted to make separate post so I would not be perceived as disrespecting the two veterans that responded above.

Here is a link to just one of many sights on the interweb that has statistics on average time spent by our soldiers in Iraq/afganistan. If my posting this information is somehow seen as a threat to conservatism, my apologies. They don't get much more conservative than I. It far exceeds the AVERAGE TIME spent in Vietnam. While there are always exceptions to the rule, MOST, not to be read as all, soldiers spent one tour in nam and were done. Most of the soldiers in nam were drafted. There was a much larger pool of soldiers to rotate threw vietnam than there are for our volunteer military in Iraq/Afghanistan.

http://www.iraqometer.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here is a link to one account of the average tour in vietnam and what the rotation standards were. It mentioned that most soldiers did not take the option to extend their tour and those that did were typically not combat soldiers, but usually administrative personal or soldiers who spent their entire tour on huge and heavily defended basis.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_long_was_ ... in_Vietnam" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It really is no comparison to the situation that has been going on during the Iraq/Afghanistan war. Google it up yourselves. You fellers will quickly realize that the situation is entirely different and maybe understand were I was coming from with my comments earlier.

03Lightningrocks

philip964 wrote:
bronco78 wrote:
puma guy wrote:
This was described as an "act of domestic terrorism". Interesting that shootings at Christian/Jewish places of worship are never described in that manner AFAIK.
Or the shooting of American military and civilian staff by a devout Muslim who was in contact and mentored by a know terrorist..
I kinda noticed that right off.

Yep... Make that three of us. :banghead:

SwimFan85
Posts in topic: 1

Post by SwimFan85 »

The FBI was watching him but they didn't stop him. The federals call this terrorism but won't call Nidal Hassan a terrorist. Do the math.
Our chains are forged! Their clanking may be heard on the plains of Boston!
The war is inevitable--and let it come! I repeat it, sir, let it come.

E.Marquez
Posts in topic: 2

Post by E.Marquez »

03Lightningrocks wrote:
Purplehood wrote:
Heartland Patriot wrote:What ticked me off at least as much as the anti-2A and anti-firearms stuff was them labeling the guy as a "veteran"...though he did serve some time in the US Army, he was booted out with an "other than honorable" discharge. I'm sure there will be some who will get all technical on me and show just why he's a veteran by some letter of the laws...but as far as I am concerned, he's a dirtbag and a failure.
:iagree:

The implication resulting from when the casual reader fails to read on...is that he is one of the traumatized returning veterans from the Middle East who represent a potential threat to society.
While this guy may not be a combat veteran, the scary part is that there are thousands of veterans who have served several tours in the middle east and all have the potential of "losing it" on society. .
Really? so serving several tours makes me a scary person you should be concerned about?

Wow, I must be a time bomb ready to go off then.. :evil2:

Places you have never heard of... x 3
Panama x 2
Iraq x3
Afghanistan x 1
Heck even LA, CA

And not once have I "lost it on society" c :headscratch

Though I have wanted to a few times...... :banghead:

(BTW, I get it, you meant or implied NO disrespect , and none taken)
Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas
Contact we.chip.pets@gmail.com

apostate
Posts in topic: 2

Post by apostate »

03Lightningrocks wrote:Sorry wildbill and sqlgeek. I don't buy it for one minute. ;-) being from Kalifornia is not something one can simply wash off with soap and water. I am not sure gasoline can remove those stains. :biggrinjester:
Not if you're using unleaded gasoline.

03Lightningrocks

bronco78 wrote:
03Lightningrocks wrote:
Purplehood wrote:
Heartland Patriot wrote:What ticked me off at least as much as the anti-2A and anti-firearms stuff was them labeling the guy as a "veteran"...though he did serve some time in the US Army, he was booted out with an "other than honorable" discharge. I'm sure there will be some who will get all technical on me and show just why he's a veteran by some letter of the laws...but as far as I am concerned, he's a dirtbag and a failure.

The implication resulting from when the casual reader fails to read on...is that he is one of the traumatized returning veterans from the Middle East who represent a potential threat to society.
While this guy may not be a combat veteran, the scary part is that there are thousands of veterans who have served several tours in the middle east and all have the potential of "losing it" on society. .
Really? so serving several tours makes me a scary person you should be concerned about?

Wow, I must be a time bomb ready to go off then.. :evil2:

Places you have never heard of... x 3
Panama x 2
Iraq x3
Afghanistan x 1
Heck even LA, CA

And not once have I "lost it on society" c :headscratch

Though I have wanted to a few times...... :banghead:

(BTW, I get it, you meant or implied NO disrespect , and none taken)

Lord have mercy!! Kalifornia??!! I hope you are under some kind of medication! :biggrinjester:

Topic author
AEA
Posts in topic: 16

Post by AEA »

Well, I was WRONG.........it was NOT a Glock he used! :shock:

According to the link in the following thread:
viewtopic.php?f=83&t=57151&p=701204#p701204" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

He used a Springfield Armory XD-series 9mm with a 19-round capacity

Watch for the call to further push a ban of High Capacity Handgun "Clips". :banghead:

Is the "Puzzle" coming together yet?

Not to suggest a conspiracy, but the name George Soros keeps bouncing around in my head! :eek6 :eek6
Alan - ANYTHING I write is MY OPINION only.
Certified Curmudgeon - But, my German Shepherd loves me!
NRA-Life, USN '65-'69 & '73-'79: RM1
1911's RULE!

Jumping Frog
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Jumping Frog »

I noticed that the Southern Poverty Law Center stated they had been "actively tracking" this man since 2000.

I wonder how many of Americans this group is "tracking". How many members of gun forums?
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

Purplehood

Post by Purplehood »

The only effect that I can recall after having served overseas and returning home was:

- driving in the wrong direction/lane
LEO looked at my hair and asked if I had just come from overseas. I said yes and he said 'be careful'.
- diving under my office desk when I heard a loud boom
Construction going on at work, sounded like an impact to me. Fortunately I was in my office and no one noticed.

I figure that if that is all that got to me compared to many of these kids that have done 2 or 3 tours (2 of my sons are in that category), then I had it easy.

Sorry for the hijack.
Life NRA
USMC 76-93
USAR 99-07 (Retired)
OEF 06-07

Topic author
AEA
Posts in topic: 16

Post by AEA »

FBI News Conference reports that Page committed suicide.
They clarified that the 2nd Officer did shoot/hit him in the stomach but after he went down, he shot himself in the head with his 9mm XD.
Alan - ANYTHING I write is MY OPINION only.
Certified Curmudgeon - But, my German Shepherd loves me!
NRA-Life, USN '65-'69 & '73-'79: RM1
1911's RULE!

Heartland Patriot

Post by Heartland Patriot »

AEA wrote:FBI News Conference reports that Page committed suicide.
They clarified that the 2nd Officer did shoot/hit him in the stomach but after he went down, he shot himself in the head with his 9mm XD.
I'm sure this will make the lives of the "mass media" so much easier now, they can say whatever they want and the dirtbag can't respond one way or the other. I guess it really doesn't matter, though, they would spin it all however they want whether he was alive or dead...no one I despise in this country quite as much as the press...

snatchel

Post by snatchel »

AEA wrote: he shot himself in the head with his 9mm XD.
Shot placement is key. :thumbs2:
No More Signature

philip964
Posts in topic: 7

Post by philip964 »

Irregardless of who fired the fatal shot, the two police officers acted heroically and in a manner that they should be very proud.

They saved countless lives.

Jaguar

Post by Jaguar »

Truly a selfless act. :tiphat:
"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -- James Madison

Rex B

Sikhs considering handgun carry

Post by Rex B »

http://kdfw.m0bl.net/w/usworld/story/71021411/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I think that being able to legally obtain and carry a gun is the best thing any Sikh can do, especially after 9/11 where there have been over 800 documented cases of harassment and violence against us,"
-----------
“Sometimes there is no alternative to uncertainty except to await the arrival of more and better data.” C. Wunsch

Return to “The Crime Blotter”