17y/o Killed By Neighborhood Watch/CHL

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

sjfcontrol
Posts in topic: 270

Re: 17y/o Killed By Neighborhood Watch/CHL

Post by sjfcontrol »

Huffington Post :roll:
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 104

Post by The Annoyed Man »

sjfcontrol wrote:Huffington Post :roll:
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/07/ ... YV20120716

The full court press is on. The relative in question said that Z's family was "known to be racist," but couldn't give any examples of how so.

According to her, the molestation, if that's what it was, started when she was 6 and he was 8, and continued for 10 years until she was 16 and he was 18. I'm not buying it just yet. At 6 and 8, is it molestation, or is it "playing post office?"
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

74novaman
Posts in topic: 13

Post by 74novaman »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
The full court press is on. The relative in question said that Z's family was "known to be racist," but couldn't give any examples of how so.
Yep. They're just going to keep throwing stuff at the wall until something sticks.
TANSTAAFL

sjfcontrol

Post by sjfcontrol »

From Z's website...
Today the State released Witness #9's Statements along with Mr. Zimmerman's phone calls from jail in response to the Court's July 13 order.

In her statements, Witness #9, who is George Zimmerman's cousin, alleges that Mr. Zimmerman inappropriately touched her beginning when she was 6 and Mr. Zimmerman was almost 8, and that it continued on occasion until she was 16 and Mr. Zimmerman was 17.

The defense moved to block the public release of Witness #9's statement in a motion filed on June 18, 2012 contending "The content of this statement is not relevant to the issues of this case, and it would not be admissible in the State's case in chief." The motion further contends that this irrelevant statement should be withheld from public dissemination because of the substantial risk that public disclosure will lead to widespread hostile publicity which would substantially impair the Defendant's fair trial rights, and would pose a serious threat to the administration of justice.

That request was denied on July 13, 2012 by Judge Lester. Because there is a Motion for Disqualification pending, this morning, we asked the prosecution not to release Witness #9's statement until there was a ruling on the Motion for Disqualification. This is an appropriate request as, should the motion for disqualification be granted, reconsideration of recent rulings by the judge is appropriate. However, the prosecution elected to make the public disclosure anyway.

Now that this statement is part of the public record, the defense will vigorously defend Mr. Zimmerman against the allegations. In the next several weeks, there will be reciprocal discovery filed regarding Witness #9's statement.
Never Forget. Image

philip964
Posts in topic: 215

Post by philip964 »

RottenApple wrote:
philip964 wrote:News flash!!! Zimmerman is alleged to have molested over a ten year period a female family relative.
Woman came forward to prosecutors, and prosecutors released audio tapes of interview, so Zimmerman could get a fair trial.

Started when she was six years old. He was 8 at the time.
Link?
Sorry I didn't know how to do that on my iPhone, I'm sure there is an easy way, but you probably have to be under 30.

So is this guy being railroaded now? Why would salacious evidence unrelated to the charge at hand be released to the press before trial. The only reason I can think of is to poison the jury pool.

I suspect the judge will be replaced.
Last edited by philip964 on Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sjfcontrol

Post by sjfcontrol »

philip964 wrote:
RottenApple wrote:
philip964 wrote:News flash!!! Zimmerman is alleged to have molested over a ten year period a female family relative.
Woman came forward to prosecutors, and prosecutors released audio tapes of interview, so Zimmerman could get a fair trial.

Started when she was six years old. He was 8 at the time.
Link?
Sorry I didn't know how to to that on my iPhone, I'm sure there is an easy way, but you probably have to be under 30.

So is this guy being railroaded now? Why would salacious evidence unrelated to the charge at hand be released to the press before trial. The only reason I can think of is to poison the jury pool.

I suspect the judge will be replaced.
Yep!! :thumbs2:
Never Forget. Image

Heartland Patriot

Post by Heartland Patriot »

I think I figured out how she knew that family were racists...she heard the Zimmerman family laughing when they were watching an rerun episode of "The Jeffersons", or maybe it was "What's Happening!" or perhaps "The Cosby Show"... :roll:

My theory is just as good as any of the other junk the race-baiters are floating, IMHO.

mamabearCali
Posts in topic: 134

Post by mamabearCali »

I think we are at the point where the prosecution knows there is no case and following the let's throw mud at the wall and see if something sticks routine. Even if it was true it has 0 bearing on what happened that night. I do find it odd that a
person who had been assaulted would still consent to see the person at the age of 16.....IMHO that is not likely.

If there is anything to it, at the age of 6 and 8 I would chalk it up to curiosity about bodies, not vindictive assault.
SAHM to four precious children. Wife to a loving husband.

"The women of this country learned long ago those without swords can still die upon them!" Eowyn in LOTR Two Towers

psijac
Posts in topic: 20

Post by psijac »

This testimony is highly suspect. the judge decided to release this testimony less than an hour after a motion was filed to claiming the judge was bias and needed to be replaced. For those that say Zimmerman should never have gotten out of the car, this girl could have prevented trayvons death by sending zimmerman to jail years earlier for sexual assault.
07/25/09 - CHL class completed
07/31/09 - Received Pin/Packet sent.
09/23/09 - Plastic in hand!!

VMI77
Posts in topic: 98

Post by VMI77 »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
sjfcontrol wrote:Huffington Post :roll:
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/07/ ... YV20120716

According to her, the molestation, if that's what it was, started when she was 6 and he was 8, and continued for 10 years until she was 16 and he was 18. I'm not buying it just yet. At 6 and 8, is it molestation, or is it "playing post office?"

These tactics may backfire. While many potential jurors may believe it there will be many that recognize the prosecution's smear campaign and just dismiss all evidence against Zimmerman, even the parts that are relevant and true.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

WildBill
Posts in topic: 92

Post by WildBill »

This is getting more bizarre by the minute. It's hard for me to believe that this is happening in our "justice sytem." :mad5
NRA Endowment Member

BKRushing
Posts in topic: 11

Post by BKRushing »

psijac wrote:
BKRushing wrote:
Big difference between a hero complex and a hero. Zimmerman was playing cop without the training an LEO has and made poor choices with a tragic outcome.

I am no law enforcement office but what kind of cop training would have prevented this tragedy?
My point is an LEO would not be alone, would have at least been readily identifiable as an LEO and most likely would have his/her lights flashing on their cruiser. Provided Martin was not breaking the law, he would have had nothing to fear from a police officer questioning him. As I have said in previous posts, this is a case of two people making poor choices. Martin for trying to confront Zimmerman about why he was following him and Zimmerman for getting out of his car to follow him which as far as I know all neighborhood watch volunteers are told not to do. It is not a clear cut instance of racial profiling, but rather an instance two people making some poor choices with a tragic outcome.
Glovebox & EDC: Glock 26 9mm
Summer Carry: Ruger LCP .380

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 16

Post by anygunanywhere »

WildBill wrote:This is getting more bizarre by the minute. It's hard for me to believe that this is happening in our "justice sytem." :mad5
Bizarre has been around a long time. Think Simpson trial.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

WildBill
Posts in topic: 92

Post by WildBill »

anygunanywhere wrote:
WildBill wrote:This is getting more bizarre by the minute. It's hard for me to believe that this is happening in our "justice sytem." :mad5

Anygunanywhere
At least some of that could be attributed to his celebrity.
NRA Endowment Member

Dave2
Posts in topic: 35

Post by Dave2 »

anygunanywhere wrote:

Anygunanywhere
Yeah, but the half weirdness in that trial was from the media foaming at the mouth over... you know, I'm really not sure what they were all up about. Anyway, my point is that most of that trial's weirdness wasn't coming from the legal system... IIRC... which I might not because it was a long time ago.
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

Return to “Off-Topic”