Belly Band Type Holsters and Condition of Carry

Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Chief
Posts in topic: 1

Belly Band Type Holsters and Condition of Carry

Post by Chief »

Interested in your thoughts on carrying a Glock or similar striker fire w/o manual safeties in one of these types of holsters with a chambered round. My concern is that the holster or 'pocket' for the weapon is really just anther piece of the elastic material sewn onto the elastic strap - you simply slide the gun in. So, I'm a bit concerned about the level of protection the elastic material provides for the trigger - i.e. something stretching, pulling, poking that could cause a problem.

Am I being too concerned about this? What's the consensus?

Thanks in advance...

McJingles

Re: Belly Band Type Holsters and Condition of Carry

Post by McJingles »

I use a pistol wear PT-2 when I run with a Kahr PM9. Just ran a 5k with it, the rig itself bounced a little which was expected, but the pistol never moved from the position I placed it in inside the pouch. Haven't had a problem with it.
http://www.pistolwear.com/ProductDetail ... 1496070781" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Violet

Post by Violet »

You can sew in a stiffener panel if you're worried about the trigger being pulled through the fabric.

ARblitz4077
Posts in topic: 2

Post by ARblitz4077 »

I have a dual carry belly band that I picked at a gun show here in Houston about 3 years ago. It's marked WRB, just made of black fabric with some elastic inside. I wore it for a year carrying a Glock 23 on one side, and a Taurus PT111 on the other side. I never had a problem with it. Unfortunately parts of the belly band wore out so it has holes close to the trigger guard.

Jumping Frog

Post by Jumping Frog »

I wouldn't do it, for just the reason you noted.
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

barstoolguru

Post by barstoolguru »

I carry every day with a g23 or g26. I carry the gun on one side and on the other a knife, extra mag and pepper spray. At first I what if something got in there and pushed up in the elastic? so I tried to make it go off (snap cap in the chamber) and never could. the elastic from the BB is taunt enough that it prevents no object from lodging in the trigger guard plus it sits (at least with me) in the belt line of my pants at 3:00 so there is nothing that is even close to the gun.

The thing I like about a BB is you can sew on it and make adjustments with a needle and thread; add cloth to the inside for sweat control. My friend has lower back aches and he sewed in a pocket for a heat/ice pack. Still don’t feel safe add a cheap holster like a remora to it and instead of the holster riding on your pants it will ride on the BB
Some parents say it is toy guns that make boys warlike. But give a boy a rubber duck and he will seize its neck like the butt of a pistol and shout "Bang!"......George Will

ARblitz4077
Posts in topic: 2

Post by ARblitz4077 »

If you're looking to do this long term, you definitely have to consider replacing your belly band often. Another thing you have to consider is, the gun is very high to pull out quickly. You have to lift up your shirt pretty high up so you can clear it to draw your gun.

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”