COSTCO Gun Policy

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

mamabearCali
Posts in topic: 2

Re: COSTCO Gun Policy

Post by mamabearCali »

When I signed up for my membership I read all through the paper (I am a bit silly sometimes). I did not see anywhere anything about guns. There are no signs on my local Costco, so I say concealed is concealed and no one should be the wiser.
SAHM to four precious children. Wife to a loving husband.

"The women of this country learned long ago those without swords can still die upon them!" Eowyn in LOTR Two Towers

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 12

Post by Oldgringo »

mamabearCali wrote:When I signed up for my membership I read all through the paper (I am a bit silly sometimes). I did not see anywhere anything about guns. There are no signs on my local Costco, so I say concealed is concealed and no one should be the wiser.
There were so many people in the Costco in Kalispell yesterday that I couldn't have drawn my CC even if I needed to. It was like the crowd leaving a ball game - or something. AFAIK, I was the only one carrying even though Montana is a Gold Star OC state.

mamabearCali

Post by mamabearCali »

Virginia is too, but sometimes discretion. Is the better part of valor. I do open carry from time to time, especially in the summer. Just not so much when shopping.
SAHM to four precious children. Wife to a loving husband.

"The women of this country learned long ago those without swords can still die upon them!" Eowyn in LOTR Two Towers

Shinesintx

Post by Shinesintx »

I CCed in Costco the other day...and found it odd that none of the employees or patrons said anything.

WildBill
Posts in topic: 5

Post by WildBill »

Shinesintx wrote:I CCed in Costco the other day...and found it odd that none of the employees or patrons said anything.
They were probably too scared.
NRA Endowment Member

RottenApple
Posts in topic: 4

Post by RottenApple »

I just got back from a trip to Costco in Rockwall. They have no 30.06 and only the blue TABC sign. I stopped at the membership desk and asked for a copy of the membership agreement. There's not a thing in there about firearms at all. I know someone linked an online FAQ page that showed it, but if it isn't in the membership agreement, I don't see how it's legally binding.

BTW, I CC'd there with no problems. After all, concealed is concealed.

Topic author
wgoforth
Posts in topic: 14

Post by wgoforth »

RottenApple wrote:I just got back from a trip to Costco in Rockwall. They have no 30.06 and only the blue TABC sign. I stopped at the membership desk and asked for a copy of the membership agreement. There's not a thing in there about firearms at all. I know someone linked an online FAQ page that showed it, but if it isn't in the membership agreement, I don't see how it's legally binding.

On one forum, a person wrote that it was listed in a membership packet they received after joining. Dunno, I'm not a member.
NRA Life Member
NRA Instructor for Refuse To Be A Victim
Instructor of Basic, Advanced and Defensive Handgun, CHL
http://www.castlekeepservices.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

wgoforth wrote:
RottenApple wrote:I just got back from a trip to Costco in Rockwall. They have no 30.06 and only the blue TABC sign. I stopped at the membership desk and asked for a copy of the membership agreement. There's not a thing in there about firearms at all. I know someone linked an online FAQ page that showed it, but if it isn't in the membership agreement, I don't see how it's legally binding.

On one forum, a person wrote that it was listed in a membership packet they received after joining. Dunno, I'm not a member.
Why poke the bear? Let's let sleeping dogs lie, eh?

lbuehler325
Posts in topic: 1

Post by lbuehler325 »

The beauty of the free market economy is that Costco can have a stupid policy for its members (if members are considered on par with employees, then a 30.06 sign may not be necessary), and we can choose not to give them any of our money.
RLTW!
TX CHL (Formerly licensed in PA, MA, KY)
MOPH, VFW, GOA, NRA, 82nd Airborne Division Association

TexasGal

Post by TexasGal »

I made that choice over the Erik Scott case. My money is better spent elsewhere. :tiphat:
The Only Bodyguard I Can Afford is Me
Texas LTC Instructor Cert
NRA Life Member

tacticool

Post by tacticool »

TexasGal wrote:I made that choice over the Erik Scott case. My money is better spent elsewhere. :tiphat:
I won't go to Nevada because they refused to prosecute his killers.
When in doubt
Vote them out!

birdman253

Post by birdman253 »

We have a new Costco in Pharr that just opened a little while ago. We joined before I even heard about their gun policy. We don't go often, just when we need to stock up on some items, and today was the day.

Having read this thread, and not wanting to take the walk of shame to disarm, I left mine in the car. Imagine my surprise when I got to the door, and found no signs at all. They did have the blue signs at the seperate entrance to the liquor store section, but the main entrance had nothing!

Guess I know next time to not leave it in the car!

Topic author
wgoforth
Posts in topic: 14

Post by wgoforth »

birdman253 wrote:We have a new Costco in Pharr that just opened a little while ago. We joined before I even heard about their gun policy. We don't go often, just when we need to stock up on some items, and today was the day.

Having read this thread, and not wanting to take the walk of shame to disarm, I left mine in the car. Imagine my surprise when I got to the door, and found no signs at all. They did have the blue signs at the seperate entrance to the liquor store section, but the main entrance had nothing!

Guess I know next time to not leave it in the car!

Please read ongoing thread. This isn't about 30.06 signage, but company policy. Each will have to do as they seem fit on this as there is nothing legally binding from a breaking-the-law standpoint, but rather knowing their official policy, do we still want to do business with them. The most they can do is cancel your membership, but for me, I am choosing not to join.
NRA Life Member
NRA Instructor for Refuse To Be A Victim
Instructor of Basic, Advanced and Defensive Handgun, CHL
http://www.castlekeepservices.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dreamliner

Post by Dreamliner »

I don't care for any place that charges you a membership to spend money shopping there.

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

I wish I had a Costco with a Hearing Center closer to the home ranch in the Pineywoods. Costco's 1/4 pound polish with a soft drink for $1.50 is the best lunch deal in just about any town.

Oh, did I mention that I don't care about any Costco gun policy? They sell gun safes so they can't be too anti-2A, eh?

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”