Gun Range Demanding Too Much Personal Info

Places to practice & train

Moderator: carlson1

AEA
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Gun Range Demanding Too Much Personal Info

Post by AEA »

If my DL is not sufficient for their needs, I do my shooting elsewhere. Simple as that, and I will let them know I am not pleased that they are asking for more.

Reminds me the way Radio Shack used to be! :banghead:
Alan - ANYTHING I write is MY OPINION only.
Certified Curmudgeon - But, my German Shepherd loves me!
NRA-Life, USN '65-'69 & '73-'79: RM1
1911's RULE!

WildBill
Posts in topic: 4

Post by WildBill »

AEA wrote:If my DL is not sufficient for their needs, I do my shooting elsewhere. Simple as that, and I will let them know I am not pleased that they are asking for more.

What did Radio Shack do with all of that information anyway? It surely didn't help their business. Although, I did read on the internet that Radio Shack was actually a money laundering operation, secretly run by the CIA. :biggrinjester:
NRA Endowment Member

alvins

Post by alvins »

WildBill wrote:
AEA wrote:If my DL is not sufficient for their needs, I do my shooting elsewhere. Simple as that, and I will let them know I am not pleased that they are asking for more.

What did Radio Shack do with all of that information anyway? It surely didn't help their business. Although, I did read on the internet that Radio Shack was actually a money laundering operation, secretly run by the CIA. :biggrinjester:

no that was cici's pizza when it cost less then 5 bucks to eat there.

Katygunnut
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Katygunnut »

sjfcontrol wrote:Don't let them swipe your drivers license in Texas. Thats a misdemeanor.
I'm curious to know more about this. I like this law and wish other states had the same. I know for a fact that this is not the case in Louisiana as I found out the hard way.

sjfcontrol
Posts in topic: 4

Post by sjfcontrol »

Katygunnut wrote:
sjfcontrol wrote:Don't let them swipe your drivers license in Texas. Thats a misdemeanor.
I'm curious to know more about this. I like this law and wish other states had the same. I know for a fact that this is not the case in Louisiana as I found out the hard way.

Mostly, I know this.

By the way, you know its the same information that's on the face of the license, right? There is nothing restricting somebody from copying that information, or even photocopying the license itself, they just can't collect the information electronically.

I don't like this law. It prevents CHL instructors from swiping the drivers license of students, and requires they manually enter full name and drivers license number onto the paperwork. A time-consuming, error-prone process -- rather than a simple DL swipe. It is NOT protecting any information, it is just restricting the method used to collected it.
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

lowpull
Posts in topic: 1

Post by lowpull »

My license gets it mag stripe wiped as soon as I get a new one. Just strike an arc near it while welding.

Katygunnut
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Katygunnut »

sjfcontrol wrote:
Katygunnut wrote:

Mostly, I know this.

By the way, you know its the same information that's on the face of the license, right? There is nothing restricting somebody from copying that information, or even photocopying the license itself, they just can't collect the information electronically.

I don't like this law. It prevents CHL instructors from swiping the drivers license of students, and requires they manually enter full name and drivers license number onto the paperwork. A time-consuming, error-prone process -- rather than a simple DL swipe. It is NOT protecting any information, it is just restricting the method used to collected it.
I know it's the same info. I just like my privacy, and like to protect it as much as possible.

I can usually tell ahead of time if someone is planning to photocopy my DL. I can also see exactly what they are writing down if they copy info. With the swipe, it can be done before one has the chance to object, especially if you aren't warned before hand.

Return to “Shooting Ranges”