obamacare upheld

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 22

Re: obamacare upheld

Post by The Annoyed Man »

teri wrote:
Slowplay wrote: Let's see if they are still celebrating when their employers opt to pay the penalty, drop their health care options/benefits, and have them fend for their own health care policies (or they forego buying insurance and are forced to pay the Obamacare tax).
:iagree: I do believe this will happen. The insurance premiums will go through the roof.
This will absolutely happen. When the fine is $2,000.00, and the cost of group health insurance is $12,000.00, it's a no-brainer. I would cancel my employees' coverage in a heart beat and pay the fine.

I'll tell you what else..... I own a small business. Right now, it is just me and my wife, and I occasionally subcontract work to trusted individuals as needed. This law has gauranteed that no matter how big my business gets, I will NEVER hire any full or part time employees. Government has made it too expensive, and I can do all my work by hiring subcontractors on an as-needed basis. Eventually, I will be merely a "general contractor" and will sub out 90% or more of what I contract from customers. But I'll never provide a job for anybody. Your government made sure of it. I don't call it my government because it no longer represents any of my interests. I love this country with a deep and abiding passion. But its government is an occupying power which has nothing but grasping more power for itself in mind.

Washington, Adams, and Jefferson........and even Lincoln......would be rolling in their graves. They were all about stewardship and the preservation of liberty for their descendents. Not so this bunch of political rape artists.
Slowplay wrote:For our francophone friends: L'enfer est plein de bonnes volontés et désirs
Translated for those who are not: "Hades is full of good intentions and desires."

If Romney does not get elected and then follow through on his promise to gut and/or repeal Obamacare, we are doomed.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

AEA
Posts in topic: 17

Post by AEA »

I'm 64.
I won't have much more time to put up with this. I feel sorry for the younger generations. They better learn to speak multiple languages.
Alan - ANYTHING I write is MY OPINION only.
Certified Curmudgeon - But, my German Shepherd loves me!
NRA-Life, USN '65-'69 & '73-'79: RM1
1911's RULE!

mamabearCali

Post by mamabearCali »

My children are 7, 5, 2 and 6 months. It broke my heart to go downstairs after hearing the verdict and see their smiling faces so expectant so hopeful. They will not live with the same freedom their grandparents did. The verdict set up a terrible precedent that they will have to live with. Heaven help us all.
SAHM to four precious children. Wife to a loving husband.

"The women of this country learned long ago those without swords can still die upon them!" Eowyn in LOTR Two Towers

Rex B
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Rex B »

The Annoyed Man wrote:If you voted for Obama or for any democrat in Congress who voted for Obamacare, you are now officially my enemy, and I view you as an enemy of the nation.
TAM, I feel the same way. I have lunch every day with a coworker who is an active Democrat, voted for BHO, and said he will do so in November. And gloated about the ACA ruling today as we walked to the car. I am going to make pretty much the same statement to him, and I'll eat lunch by myself.
-----------
“Sometimes there is no alternative to uncertainty except to await the arrival of more and better data.” C. Wunsch

glbedd53
Posts in topic: 3

Post by glbedd53 »

I'm sure glad that the court ruled the mandate is a "tax". Someone making over $250000 will have to pay for my healthcare. I remember Obama promised that no one making under $250000 will see their taxes go up one cent.

AEA

Post by AEA »

"rlol" "rlol" "rlol" "rlol" "rlol"
It would be funny........if it wasn't real and sooooo SICK!
1911's RULE!

danpaw
Posts in topic: 6

Post by danpaw »

I wonder if someone has some photos of the Chief Justice with farm animals.

recaffeination

Post by recaffeination »

That seals it for me. No more voting for moderate Republicans! The GOP can nominate a conservative or they can go kiss themselves, as far as I'm concerned.

danpaw

Post by danpaw »

First thing we gotta do is stop calling them moderate republicans. They're LIBERAL republicans.

Rex B
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Rex B »

Chief Justice Roberts, from the SC Opinion:
"It is not our job to protect the people from the consequences of their political choices."
-----------
“Sometimes there is no alternative to uncertainty except to await the arrival of more and better data.” C. Wunsch

danpaw

Post by danpaw »

Yeah, that was just cover.

mamabearCali

Post by mamabearCali »

Neither was it his job to redefine a "fine" into a "tax" Heaven help us all. His job was to be an umpire and call balls and strikes. Not to redefine terms in a bill and help the Obama administration pull a bait and switch fraud.

However I will agree with you that this is because of the elections in 06' and 08'. Elections have consequences, and sometimes those consequences can and will last generations. Heaven help us all.
SAHM to four precious children. Wife to a loving husband.

"The women of this country learned long ago those without swords can still die upon them!" Eowyn in LOTR Two Towers

AEA

Post by AEA »

Rex B wrote:Chief Justice Roberts, from the SC Opinion:
"It is not our job to protect the people from the consequences of their political choices."
Then it is not their job to protect the people from the consequences of over zealous Prosecutors and inept Defense attorneys????

WHAT .... Prey tell....is their JOB? :banghead: :mad5
1911's RULE!

flintknapper
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by flintknapper »

I have always contributed (monetarily) to the Republican Candidate in Presidential elections.

But this time, I will give until it HURTS! I urge you to do the same.

Replace and Repeal is the ONLY answer at this point, forget about what judge decided what...that is done and over with, we have a job to do. GET OBAMA OUT OF OFFICE, or America will suffer a set back from which it might never recover.
Spartans ask not how many, but where!

AEA

Post by AEA »

Not only MaoBama, but Congressional Dems as well. Romney will have no teeth if he is elected with a Dem Senate Majority.
1911's RULE!

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”