Oh my God - A picture of guns

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

VMI77
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Oh my God - A picture of guns

Post by VMI77 »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
RoyGBiv wrote:High-powered.!!! That cracks me up.

What a namby-pamby article. Sounds like Mike Bloomberg wrote it himself.
Almost any article written these days, even in Texas, describes any Glock (or pretty much any other carry gun) as "High Caliber." I still don't know what that means—beyond it being clear cut evidence of a drama queen reporter overly enamored with the sound and utterance of their own deluded vocabulary. Evidently, the writers have never heard of a .600 Nitro Express, or a .375 H&H Magnum, compared to which a 9mm or .45 ACP are pretty small potatoes.

Does anybody have a clear definition (outside of the gun-grabbing media) of what "High Caliber" means? If so, please enlighten me.
I think your question is rhetorical, but anyway, it is essentially a meaningless term, but to those with minds of mush, it is supposed to suggest something unusual and extraordinarily dangerous. Such terms are intentionally meaningless and vague because they allow the media to claim they didn't lie and at the same time to provoke skulls full of mush to imagine the worst. If they used terms that were descriptive and informative they would less reliably activate the imaginations of those with skulls full of mush.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

schufflerbot
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Oh my God - A picture of guns

Post by schufflerbot »

Heartland Patriot wrote:If you read the comments section below that story, a LOT of people are slamming the "journalist" who wrote the piece...I guess he already has some notorious notoriety for poorly written, biased articles. And the comments are running FAR in favor of firearms.

:patriot:

Return to “Off-Topic”