Got Me a New Toy! - Range Report!

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
RatMan
Posts in topic: 5

Got Me a New Toy! - Range Report!

Post by RatMan »

It's a CZ RAMI 9mm. Picked it up yesterday but have not had a chance to shoot it yet. Hopefully next weekend...

It's a compact and, like the XDSC, it has a "two finger" grip with the pinky wrapped under the grip. I've been doing some checking and have found that the Pearce grip for the XD will work on this one with a bit of mods using a Dremel. I've got an extra one laying around so I'll be trying that out soon and will post some pics after I get it fitted. Anyway, here's a picture of my newest addition...

Will post a range report after I get to shoot it...
Last edited by RatMan on Tue Aug 23, 2005 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XD9 SC
Para C7.45
CZ RAMI
SA Champion 1911
SA Micro Compact 1911
S&W 1911
S&W Model 60 .357Mag
Taurus Model 415 .41mag
Taurus Model 617TBC .357mag
Taurus .45 Millennium Pro
Taurus .380 Millennium
American Derringer .45ACP

Jim101
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Jim101 »

Sweet!!! Do post your range report......I don't own a CZ, yet but have been looking at them..

Jim
NRA, TSRA

Lumberjack98

Post by Lumberjack98 »

Nice Ratman!

Seems like deja vu...twice...hmmmmm :wink:

XD_Dan

Post by XD_Dan »

Lumberjack98 wrote:Nice Ratman!

Seems like deja vu...twice...hmmmmm :wink:
Third time for me!
Still a very nice piece...even the third time around. :wink:

Warhorse545

Post by Warhorse545 »

Please let me know how she does when shooting. I have a CZ-75 compact that runs like a top, and this looks like an interesting pistol for sure.

Stacey
TSRA Life Member

stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

That is very nice...

Bet it'll shoot smoother than a pad of butter fallin' off a hot pancake...

Ya'll can tell I have yet to partake in my morning meal??? :lol:

Looks like I need to look at these CZ's some more...sigh...
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

KenLor2

New CZ Too.

Post by KenLor2 »

I just bought a CZ 75 Compact yesterday. Did you get a chance to shoot your CZ? If you have a recommendation for practice ammo and self-defence ammo, I would like to hear it. Thanks.

dws1117
Posts in topic: 2

Post by dws1117 »

Can't wait for a range report.

I loved my CZ 75b and regret selling it. I believe CZ guns are some of the best deals going right now.

longtooth

New toy answer

Post by longtooth »

For some of you guys that get a little resistance to the "new toys" w/ the saying, "Little boys never grow up their toys just get more expensive." Reply!!! Little girls never grow up either, their doll houses just get more expensive. She did not NEED the last "New drapes" we bought & they were as much or more than my last arm purchase. The only thing that was wrong w/ them was they were faded. (holster wear???). A new couch equals a new carry piece. Both will allow you to sleep better. Their toys depreciate continually & wear out. Ours appreciate, break in & smooth out. If you think a little more will come to your mind. I have about 10 or 12 that I use when women start that. I am blessed. I don't need them w/ my wife. Hope all you guys have as good a wife as I do. She loves her loud toys (Sig 232) as much as she does her pretty toys. [/u]
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Bubba
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Bubba »

When do I get to try it out ?
:lol:

If you're nice, maybe I'll let ya try that Kimber that I got from ol "longtooth"
8)

Topic author
RatMan

Post by RatMan »

Bubba wrote:When do I get to try it out ? :lol:
Didn't think you liked 9's.... :)
Bubba wrote:If you're nice, maybe I'll let ya try that Kimber that I got from ol "longtooth" 8)
That would be nice... Would also like to take the 500 out again sometime. :evil:
Last edited by RatMan on Tue Aug 23, 2005 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XD9 SC
Para C7.45
CZ RAMI
SA Champion 1911
SA Micro Compact 1911
S&W 1911
S&W Model 60 .357Mag
Taurus Model 415 .41mag
Taurus .380 Millennium

Topic author
RatMan

Post by RatMan »

Sorry for taking so long but....

Took it out tonight, but forgot to bring the target home. :( Had my grand daughter with me so I was a bit more interested in what she did then what I was doing. She's a hell of a good shot for being 15.

At 7 yards and rapid fire I was holding less than a 2 inch group.

At 3 yards, there wasn't much of the target left where I was aiming, just a big hole. :wink:

At 15 yards the group went up to about 3-4 inches standing, and about 2-3 inches sitting and the gun supported on a rest.

It's a SWEET shooter! I was using Winchester White Box 100 rd bulk packed ammo.

I would HIGHLY recommend this gun to anyone that's looking for a light all metal CCW for under $500. I would suggest getting the 14rd extended mag as it will help in supporting your pinky. The grip is about like the XDSC. It feels "right" and is very confortable. You can also use the Pearce Grip for the XD with some mods using a Dremel tool.

Here is a picture with the Pearce Grip Extension fitted to the 10rd factory mag.

The trigger pull in DA it is long but smooth. It reminds me of a Sig 239. In SA mode, which is the way I will carry it, it breaks at about 4 lbs. and is extremley smooth and crisp. Not bad for a stock gun.

It also can be carried in the "half-cocked" postion like a 1911 and the pull is much shorter in this mode then the standard DA mode.

I would say that the only drawbacks on this model is it's relatively new so there is not much on the market in the way of holsters but I have it on good advise that the Wilson "Lo-Profile" for a G26 will work. Also, at this time there is no night sights for it. PT-Nightsights has a contract with CZ to produce them but they will not be on the market until after the 1st of the year. If you can live for the time being with those two things, this gun would make for a fine addition to any collection.
XD9 SC
Para C7.45
CZ RAMI
SA Champion 1911
SA Micro Compact 1911
S&W 1911
S&W Model 60 .357Mag
Taurus Model 415 .41mag
Taurus .380 Millennium

KBCraig
Banned

Post by KBCraig »

Thanks for the range report.

If I'm reading correctly, this is a DA/SA with a manual safety, that can be safely carried in Condition 1?

I'm not a big fan of 9mm, but I am impressed with the Czechs' gun-making abilities.

Kevin

Topic author
RatMan

Post by RatMan »

KBCraig wrote:If I'm reading correctly, this is a DA/SA with a manual safety, that can be safely carried in Condition 1?
Correct.
KBCraig wrote:I'm not a big fan of 9mm, but I am impressed with the Czechs' gun-making abilities.
I'm not either. I am a "1911" type of guy but this one is nice. They also make one in .40S&W but I have heard of a few feeding troubles with that one hence why I went for the 9mm... Besides, it's cheap to shoot! :)
XD9 SC
Para C7.45
CZ RAMI
SA Champion 1911
SA Micro Compact 1911
S&W 1911
S&W Model 60 .357Mag
Taurus Model 415 .41mag
Taurus .380 Millennium