Concealed Carry Rifle???

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
tonydl3
Posts in topic: 2

Concealed Carry Rifle???

Post by tonydl3 »

Does anyone know the state law on carrying a rifle? With all of these zombie attacks happening these last few weeks, I was thinking about buying one of those folding rifles and carrying it in a backpack. I'll still be carrying my handgun of course but I need an advantage if I get attacked by a group of them. Zombies aren't eating this brain!!!

Jumping Frog
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Concealed Carry Rifle???

Post by Jumping Frog »

It is legal.
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

IBTL :biggrinjester:
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

TheDude

Post by TheDude »

C-dub wrote:IBTL :biggrinjester:
LOL!
Jumping Frog wrote:It is legal.
I know its legal to openly carry a rifle but is it legal to conceal one somehow? Like a rifle with a folding stock concealed in a bag? Not in your car but on you. I am not sure that is legal.

AEA

Post by AEA »

Rossi Ranch Hand.....12" Barrel, cut down butt stock.....classified as a Pistol!
Attachments
ranch_hand-tfb.jpg
Alan - ANYTHING I write is MY OPINION only.
Certified Curmudgeon - But, my German Shepherd loves me!
NRA-Life, USN '65-'69 & '73-'79: RM1
1911's RULE!

TheDude

Post by TheDude »

AEA wrote:Rossi Ranch Hand.....11" Barrel, Cut down butt stock.....classified as a Pistol!
:thumbs2: Those are super cool looking. I have never had the chance to shoot one. Do you own one? If so how easy are they to shoot? I have thought often about an AR pistol. There again classified by the ATF as a pistol so you can conceal it legally. I have never shot one of those either but i hear they are not that easy to shoot well. More specifically that rapid follow ups are not easy. I am sure the muzzle blast off a 7"-9" barreled .223 isn't pleasant either.

mrvmax

Post by mrvmax »

Jumping Frog wrote:It is legal.

Not too good of a selection of IWB holsters though........................

rm9792
Posts in topic: 3

Post by rm9792 »

Of course you can carry it concealed. I would like to see this done in Texas heat though. There are usually no laws for things you can do and nothing in there about concealing a rifle.

Topic author
tonydl3

Post by tonydl3 »

Thanks for all of the info guys. I was thinking about getting one of those folding rifles made by Kel-tec and maybe carrying it in a backpack.
Attachments
keltec_su-16b.jpg

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

I like that ideal. I wonder if it would go in a brief case? I also wonder how reliable they are?

LSUTiger

Post by LSUTiger »

Several of my friends and I have discussed the same topic and In lieu of the perfect sized carbine and backpack, neither exists, I have settled on an ar or ak pistol. I like the keltec plr 16 or the su16's in a foldable carbine rifle. The plr 16 is a gas piston, and while I'm not really a ar piston fan, for concealment, lack of the buffer tube is desirable.

It's not an ar compatible gun but the price is cheaper $450 vs$700-800 for an ar pistol. And no buffer tube sticking out. Use still can use pmags and 5.56 NATO.
Chance favors the prepared. Making good people helpless doesn't make bad people harmless.
There is no safety in denial. When seconds count the Police are only minutes away.
Sometimes I really wish a lawyer would chime in and clear things up. Do we have any lawyers on this forum?

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

tonydl3 wrote:Thanks for all of the info guys. I was thinking about getting one of those folding rifles made by Kel-tec and maybe carrying it in a backpack.
That's a tempting alternative.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

grevengrevs

Post by grevengrevs »

That kel-tec is pretty cool. My biggest fear is that I would leave it somewhere. If its not on my body I have a bad habi of walking off without it.
Happily serving in the USAF.

rm9792
Posts in topic: 3

Post by rm9792 »

If you want to spend some more then you can sbr a rifle and stow in a backpack. I can fit a SCAR with 11" barrel and folded stock in a small backpack. With plenty of room on the sides for other stuff.

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”