Waiting on mail.

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
rogersinsel
Posts in topic: 7

Waiting on mail.

Post by rogersinsel »

I went to mailed status on Friday the 18th and nothing yet. I should have looked at my wife's post mark date but I forgot to do so. I am ready, but NO plastic yet. Anyone else know the time it takes from that step (mailed) to your doorstep?

scref
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Waiting on mail.

Post by scref »

5-7 days
EDC: S&W M&P Shield
TX CHL: 5/9/12

Topic author
rogersinsel

Post by rogersinsel »

Apparently DPS uses an interesting mailing system as it appears a lot of people here have reached mailed status but have no plastic. DPS claims mine was mailed on 05/17/12. I have to ask. Where did they send it!

Tbucher1218
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Tbucher1218 »

at least you got to mailed status, I am stuck in background review. :banghead:

seriously though, I would imagine that is the longest wait time from when it goes to mailed to when it hits the mailbox. It does seem like some take up to two weeks to actually hit and others are a matter of days. Patience, it will be there soon :fire
02/27/12 Online App
06/06/12 Plastic in Hand. 71 Days!

Topic author
rogersinsel

Post by rogersinsel »

5-15 business days from Austin to Dallas! That's crazy. 1 to three weeks feels a bit excessive. I confess I am anxious. For what I am not real sure because it won't really change much about what I do. Perhaps today will be the day.

DPS response:
At this time your license has been mailed as of 5-17-12. Please allow 5-15 business days for delivery.

Texas Department of Public Safety
Regulatory Services Division
(512) 424-7293, Direct
RSD_Customer_Relations@dps.texas.gov
http://www.dps.texas.gov" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Topic author
rogersinsel

Post by rogersinsel »

Tbucher1218 wrote:at least you got to mailed status, I am stuck in background review. :banghead:

seriously though, I would imagine that is the longest wait time from when it goes to mailed to when it hits the mailbox. It does seem like some take up to two weeks to actually hit and others are a matter of days. Patience, it will be there soon :fire
That is a long time to be under review. Have you sent an email to them? I don't know if it did anything or not, but the moment I asked about mine, progress began. My wife's, hers was quick and painless and hers arrived over a week ago. Mine has felt like it got snagged on everything possible.

Go here to contact.
http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/rsd/contact/default.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tbucher1218
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Tbucher1218 »

I've called and emailed. They are dead set on me waiting full 60+ days. :mad5
02/27/12 Online App
06/06/12 Plastic in Hand. 71 Days!

Topic author
rogersinsel

Post by rogersinsel »

Tbucher1218 wrote:I've called and emailed. They are dead set on me waiting full 60+ days. :mad5
Ruthless! Good luck. I suppose no news is good news.

walksalone

Post by walksalone »

Once upon a time I mailed something from Lubbock to Abilene. 120 miles I paid $ 5.95 for 2 to 3 day delivery with tracking. They sent it to Honolulu Hawaii then to Abilene. USPS said it costs $15.95 to guarantee on time delivery. It was health insurance forms and really important. Boy I bet that makes people sleep better tonight. And Tbucher I am sooo sorry about your wait. Must be a squeaky clean background coming back to haunt you.

Topic author
rogersinsel

Post by rogersinsel »

walksalone wrote:Once upon a time I mailed something from Lubbock to Abilene. 120 miles I paid $ 5.95 for 2 to 3 day delivery with tracking. They sent it to Honolulu Hawaii then to Abilene. USPS said it costs $15.95 to guarantee on time delivery. It was health insurance forms and really important. Boy I bet that makes people sleep better tonight. And Tbucher I am sooo sorry about your wait. Must be a squeaky clean background coming back to haunt you.
I've heard of crazy stories about mail delivery. Alas, nothing today either.

Topic author
rogersinsel

Post by rogersinsel »

Plastic!

Mailed on the 25th received today. So it wasn't mailed on the 17th as DPS claimed. :thewave

ldparr21

Post by ldparr21 »

Congrats! My mail came late I also received mine FINALLY!!!
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.--Edmund Burke

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”