17y/o Killed By Neighborhood Watch/CHL

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Heartland Patriot

Re: 17y/o Killed By Neighborhood Watch/CHL

Post by Heartland Patriot »

Beiruty wrote:
baldeagle wrote:
psijac wrote:If anything the administration would ship George Zimmerman to gitmo to prevent the ease riots that would result from a not guilty verdict.
You could ship Zimmerman to the moon and it wouldn't stop the riots. Those will be the result of the verdict, not Zimmerman's location.
State of Florida charged GZ to buy sometime to get ready when riots breaks-out after dismissing the case. State of Florida with the help of Fed boys, Florida NG will control the streets. Be ready.
I've come to the conclusion that unless the "authorities" spill George Zimmerman's blood (even though that isn't going to happen), that there will be riots; nothing short of GZ's death will "appease" the people that have been whipped up by Sharpton and Jackson and others of that ilk...so the only thing that is left to see is just how big the riots will be...

philip964
Posts in topic: 215

Post by philip964 »

Beiruty wrote:
baldeagle wrote:
psijac wrote:If anything the administration would ship George Zimmerman to gitmo to prevent the ease riots that would result from a not guilty verdict.
You could ship Zimmerman to the moon and it wouldn't stop the riots. Those will be the result of the verdict, not Zimmerman's location.
State of Florida charged GZ to buy sometime to get ready when riots breaks-out after dismissing the case. State of Florida with the help of Fed boys, Florida NG will control the streets. Be ready.
But will Baltimore be ready?

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryla ... 5545.story" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

57Coastie

Post by 57Coastie »

Beiruty wrote:
57Coastie wrote:
Right2Carry wrote:...This is why I believe that anyone threatening or participating in riots should be charged with domestic terrorism.
I notice that the House passed the $642 billion defense budget yesterday, retaining the provision, over the administration's objection, permitting the indefinite military detention without trial of American citizens suspected of terrorism.

Do we ship them off to Guantanamo? Just askin'. :confused5

Jim
That measure is unconstitutional if challenged up to the supreme court of USA.
I would hope you are correct, Beiruty, but with the Supreme Court composed as it currently is I would not hold my breath.

Our president has issued a statement that this will not be done to U. S. citizens arrested in the U. S. during his watch, but he has observed that he cannot bind any of his successors to his policy.

Jim

baldeagle
Posts in topic: 187

Post by baldeagle »

57Coastie wrote:Our president has issued a statement that this will not be done to U. S. citizens arrested in the U. S. during his watch, but he has observed that he cannot bind any of his successors to his policy.

Jim
He can't even seem to bind himself to his own policies.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

57Coastie

Post by 57Coastie »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
57Coastie wrote:
Right2Carry wrote:...This is why I believe that anyone threatening or participating in riots should be charged with domestic terrorism.
I notice that the House passed the $642 billion defense budget yesterday, retaining the provision, over the administration's objection, permitting the indefinite military detention without trial of American citizens suspected of terrorism.

Do we ship them off to Guantanamo? Just askin'. :confused5

Jim
Jim, we have a long and honored tradition of civil disobedience in the U.S., and I would not want to see that change necessarily. On the other hand, there is a difference between going limp when a cop tries to arrest you, and calling for rioting that everyone knows will likely result in the injuring and/or killing of large numbers of people, not to mention millions or billions of dollars in property loss/damage. I'm not sure if a domestic terrorism charge is appropriate, but I am most definitely certain that a charge of inciting to riot should be a 10 year prison term if convicted; and if anyone dies in the rioting, then a charge of accessory to murder is entirely appropriate as well, with additional minimal terms of 10 years for every person killed in the rioting. In the Rodney King riots, 53 people died during the rioting and thousands more were injured, and property damage exceeded $1 billion. Somebody deserves to spend the rest of their lives in prison for that. I don't know if the locus of the rioting can be traced down to the actions of a small number of people in a small number of areas, then those people are deserving of an enormous criminal burden for their actions.

There is only one possible exception to this standard in my mind, and that is if the rioting is the opening salvo in a general popular uprising against a tyrannical government. In such a case, it isn't "rioting" anymore so much as it is "revolution." But that is the scenario which all rational humans pray never comes to pass because the cost would be more than most want to bear.
Do I correctly read this, Chris, as saying your answer to my question to Right2Carry is "Yes?" :confused5

I do not necessarily disagree with your position in general, Chris, until you get to making treason an exception to your harsh ideas on punishment. No need to quote Jefferson to me, I am a great fan of his and know him well. :nono:

Jim

philip964

Post by philip964 »

philip964 wrote:
Beiruty wrote:
baldeagle wrote:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryla ... 5545.story" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Will Seattle be ready?

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/today/201 ... n-the-box/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Heartland Patriot

philip964 wrote:
philip964 wrote:
Beiruty wrote:
baldeagle wrote:

Will Seattle be ready?

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/today/201 ... n-the-box/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Reading the comments on stories from places like Seattle makes me really glad I chose to come home to Texas.

:txflag:

brainman
Posts in topic: 18

Post by brainman »

I lived outside of Baltimore and worked in downtown Bmore for a number of years; only moving back to TX 2 years ago. Things are far worse in Bmore than you think they are. The PD, city hall, and the governor actively fudge the crime numbers. The last year I was there, they had a story in the paper that said if New York City had Bmore's murder rate, they would have had more than 3000 murders. Top that off with a totally anti-gun and anti-self defense system and I'm glad I don't live there anymore. I'll be even more glad I'm not there when the GZ verdict comes down.

Heartland Patriot

brainman wrote:I lived outside of Baltimore and worked in downtown Bmore for a number of years; only moving back to TX 2 years ago. Things are far worse in Bmore than you think they are. The PD, city hall, and the governor actively fudge the crime numbers. The last year I was there, they had a story in the paper that said if New York City had Bmore's murder rate, they would have had more than 3000 murders. Top that off with a totally anti-gun and anti-self defense system and I'm glad I don't live there anymore. I'll be even more glad I'm not there when the GZ verdict comes down.
Just remember, all those fine "social services" and "community programs" they have in places like Maryland get paid for with TAXES...and the sort of government that likes those kinds of things is usually the same sort of government that doesn't care much for citizens using force, including firearms, to defend themselves against criminals. Nothing personal, just a pet peeve as I am worried that "economic refugees" moving to the Great State of Texas will want all the "finer things" they left behind...and before long, I'll have to move north of the Red River...and I really don't want to have to do that. ;-)

brainman
Posts in topic: 18

Post by brainman »

Heartland Patriot, I'm going to assume that, since it's a peeve of yours, you were just doing general griping, with none of that directed at me.

baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

Do they just make this stuff up and think nobody will check? http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505263_162- ... -evidence/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Martin's autopsy showed he was shot through the heart. Gunpowder burns around his chest wound, called "stippling," suggest Zimmerman shot him no more than 18 inches away. The gun shot's trajectory was horizontal.

Diagrams also note Martin was hurt in the fight: blood on his head, a bruise around his eye, scarring on both hands.
I have a copy of the autopsy report. The only injuries noted on Martin's body were the gunshot wound and a small (1/4" x 1/8") abrasion on the fourth finger of the left hand. There was no bruise noted around his eye and no scarring noted on both hands.

This is incredible to me. Has the media simply given up reporting and now just invent stuff and publish it?
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison

HerbM
Posts in topic: 23

Post by HerbM »

baldeagle wrote:Do they just make this stuff up and think nobody will check? http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505263_162- ... -evidence/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This is incredible to me. Has the media simply given up reporting and now just invent stuff and publish it?
Yes.

They do it in several ways which are additive.

1) To a man and women, the major media reporters, editors, producers, and on air folks are INCOMPETENT to report on the Macy Thanksgiving Day Parade. I mean this; they cannot even report accurately on a "car chase" that YOU are watching with them.

2) 90% or more are terribly politically biased (80% for the left, 10% for the right) which wouldn't be so bad perhaps EXCEPT they ALL think they are independent moderates because of #1 and because in their own world they are right in the middle so they do not watch for the bias nor make any significant attempt to correct for it.

3) They don't actually do research, move of them, they get their MISINFORMATION from each other, so they REPEAT something that isn't (quite) true adding their own little innacuracies in a massive child's game of 'telephone'.

4) Pretty soon, a bunch of misinformation becomes part of "What everyone knows".

5) Every so often they realize a big story is wrong (Duke [false] Rape Case) and start to correct -- the Zimmerman story entered this portion late last week -- but then the press goes through a period where they PRETEND to fairness by telling both the NEW (more correct) version and the OLD (full of crap) version with equal weight, and saying things like "We'll have to weight until the trial to find out the truth."

6) Most are not capable of simple logic nor scientific thought. They are 'journalist' partly (some largely) because they are BAD at science, HATE math, and incompetent at logic and reasoning.

7) Some of them actually have an ulterior agenda that they consciously pursue -- this just feeds into 1-6 for the others.

There are probably other reasons but I sincerely believe it begins with the SIMPLE INCOMPETENCE.
Last edited by HerbM on Sun May 20, 2012 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
HerbM

philip964

Post by philip964 »

I have always found it interesting that when you have personal knowledge of a news story, you intensely watch and read the news story from the press.

They always get it wrong.

You then ponder, if they got this wrong, do they get everything wrong.

For a while, you question, well did they get that wrong too?

After a while, you go back to believing they are accurate with everything, except your incident, until it happens again.

Happened to my son last week. His company had a hazardous truck crash. Tank held, no spill. On air reporter thirty feet from overturned truck said " Hazardous chemicals were spilled on the highway".

That day he joined the club.

Heartland Patriot

brainman wrote:Heartland Patriot, I'm going to assume that, since it's a peeve of yours, you were just doing general griping, with none of that directed at me.
Correct...not at you in the least. You're part of this forum and that puts you a cut above, IMHO. :cool: :lol:

baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

Trayvon's girlfriend's interview has been posted on Youtube. " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's confusing.

Return to “Off-Topic”