obama a Kenyan?

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Bulldog1911
Posts in topic: 2

obama a Kenyan?

Post by Bulldog1911 »

Sorry if this has already been posted, but have you guys seen this?
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government ... sia-Hawaii
The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? Psalms 27:1

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 1

Re: obama a Kenyan?

Post by RoyGBiv »

Did you read it?
The errant Obama biography in the Acton & Dystel booklet does not contradict the authenticity of Obama's birth certificate. Moreover, several contemporaneous accounts of Obama’s background describe Obama as having been born in Hawaii.

The biography does, however, fit a pattern in which Obama--or the people representing and supporting him--manipulate his public persona.
Does not contradict his birth certificate..
Manipulated public persona.

No new news here.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Rex B
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Rex B »

What birth certificate would that be?
-----------
“Sometimes there is no alternative to uncertainty except to await the arrival of more and better data.” C. Wunsch

Topic author
Bulldog1911
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Bulldog1911 »

RoyGBiv wrote:Did you read it?
The errant Obama biography in the Acton & Dystel booklet does not contradict the authenticity of Obama's birth certificate. Moreover, several contemporaneous accounts of Obama’s background describe Obama as having been born in Hawaii.

The biography does, however, fit a pattern in which Obama--or the people representing and supporting him--manipulate his public persona.
Does not contradict his birth certificate..
Manipulated public persona.

No new news here.
Yes, just more evidence of this:
"It is evidence--not of the President's foreign origin, but that Barack Obama's public persona has perhaps been presented differently at different times."
The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? Psalms 27:1

Heartland Patriot

Post by Heartland Patriot »

The question that comes from this is: who is the man in the White House, really? Certainly NOT the man the media sold to the American people in 2008... :grumble

gdanaher
Banned
Posts in topic: 6

Post by gdanaher »

This birther garbage gets old and deserves not to be humored. This was settled in about 1980. Another election-another candidate. Romney. Romney came close to being the Republican nominee for president. Prior to the convention his background was reviewed and it was determined that he qualified. When he was born in Chihuahua, his parents were actual residents of Mexico. His mother was still an American citizen though. That made him an American by birth, Just as McCain was an American by birth because he was born outside the USA to a military mother. Perhaps millions of other Americans have been born outside the USA to American parents and they, too, are eligible to run for president. The birthers go on and on about Obama not being born in Hawaii. Let's just assume the documentation is false for a moment. IT DOESN'T MATTER. His mother was an American. He could have been born in Canada or Antarctica. He is still eligible. Having documentation from a state government stating he was born on USA soil in 1961 helps his case, but in the end, it is not critical information. Get on to other stuff of substance.

Edit:
Here is what the reference says from the saved web page:

BARACK OBAMA was the first black president of the Harvard Law Review. He was born in Kenya to an American anthropologist and a Kenyan finance minister, and was raised in Indonesia, Hawaii, and Chicago. His first book is DREAMS FROM MY FATHER: A STORY OF RACE AND INHERITANCE.

Perhaps someone took some literary freedom with the birthplace but regardless, this reference confirms his mother was an American.

speedsix

Post by speedsix »

...his "birth certificate" is merely a small swatch of the patchwork quilt of lies and misrepresentations which make up BO...he is so very many things...and yet is nothing...and the people hoped that some of his promises would come true...and, though none of them have...there will be those who vote for him again...for their own reason...hoping that some of his new promises will come true...and they won't...he'll be remembered far longer for the things he said he wouldn't do...and did, than for the things he said he'd do...and didn't...they follow him as if he were the Pied Piper...though we still have the rats...

The Mad Moderate
Posts in topic: 3

Post by The Mad Moderate »

And Republicans wonder why people think they are stupid or easily led...
American by birth Texan by the grace of God

Not to be a republican at twenty is proof of want of heart; to be one at thirty is proof of want of head.
-Francois Guisot

gdanaher
Banned

Post by gdanaher »

I get not liking the President. Usually in any given year, half the population dislikes the president, whoever he is. Usually there is a tangible reason for it though, such as not supporting particular legislation, or being hard on something, or how a war is waged. But having nothing better to do for 4 years than try to prove he was born elsewhere to a non-American mother? Really? Yes, this is why Romney the Younger will lose the election. Republican perspectives haven't changed an iota since Herbert Hoover, but regardless of the party in power, nobody is ever willing to do the hard, unfavorable work of lowering expenses, raising taxes, and making things balance out. What, higher taxes?? Well, you get what you pay for, or eventually get the result of what you didn't pay for.

speedsix

Post by speedsix »

...it wasn't the Republicans who were stupid AND easily mislead...the facts of that election are etched in history... :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I agree that pursuing the birther angle is a waste of time, and I have my own opinions about it, but whether he is or is not a "real" American, he IS the president......no matter how much I hate that fact. We have two fundamental choices, particularly this late in his first term, and those are: A) dig deep into conspiracy theories, wasting our time there, and let the election pass us by; or B) get the sonuvagun tossed out of office in November and elect his replacement.

For the record, I was born outside the U.S. also, of a native born American father and a French born mother. But you guys don't want me for president. I used to smoke a lot of dope.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Oldgringo »

The Annoyed Man wrote:I agree that pursuing the birther angle is a waste of time, and I have my own opinions about it, but whether he is or is not a "real" American, he IS the president......no matter how much I hate that fact. We have two fundamental choices, particularly this late in his first term, and those are: A) dig deep into conspiracy theories, wasting our time there, and let the election pass us by; or B) get the sonuvagun tossed out of office in November and elect his replacement.

For the record, I was born outside the U.S. also, of a native born American father and a French born mother. But you guys don't want me for president. I used to smoke a lot of dope.
Yep, TAM has pretty much cut to the chase...as usual.

Will the Repubs close ranks and provide the American voters a platform and candidate that we all can support or will this plague of locusts that have descended on the nation's capital and the land be here another four years? That, not the birth circumstances of the current POTUS, is the question and our challenge. :patriot:

speedsix

Post by speedsix »

... :thumbs2: that one's in the ten ring!!!

57Coastie

Post by 57Coastie »

I would submit that this question has been grossly oversimplified here. There is more to it than just where Obama was born. The Constitution provides in Art. II, Sec. 2, that the president must be a "...natural born citizen...." (Plus some other limitations no longer applicable, since those limited thereby are no longer living.)

It doesn't say he just has to be a "citizen," nor does it say he just has to be a "native born citizen." It says nothing explicitly about where his parents had to have been born, or whether or not they even had to be citizens of the U.S. It does not even explicitly say that the president himself must have been born in the U.S.

The question then comes down to, "What is meant by the term 'natural born citizen?'" Or is the question, "What did the term 'natural born citizen' mean to the framers of the Constitution?" :confused5

If one researches this question, really the only one which matters, he will find judges, lawyers, professors, historians, etc., etc., all over the place.

Notwithstanding that professional confusion, the "Birthers" appear to know the answer. And some of our members here appear to know the answer.

In any event, if one doesn't understand what the question is, how can his answer be correct, other than by accident?

I assure you that yours truly shares this dilemma, and he is not ready to put his opinion in writing, as it is so uncertain.

Jim

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Oldgringo »

57Coastie wrote:I would submit that this question has been grossly oversimplified here. There is more to it than just where Obama was born. The Constitution provides in Art. II, Sec. 2, that the president must be a "...natural born citizen...." (Plus some other limitations no longer applicable, since those limited thereby are no longer living.)

It doesn't say he just has to be a "citizen," nor does it say he just has to be a "native born citizen." It says nothing explicitly about where his parents had to have been born, or whether or not they even had to be citizens of the U.S. It does not even explicitly say that the president himself must have been born in the U.S.

The question then comes down to, "What is meant by the term 'natural born citizen?'" Or is the question, "What did the term 'natural born citizen' mean to the framers of the Constitution?" :confused5

If one researches this question, really the only one which matters, he will find judges, lawyers, professors, historians, etc., etc., all over the place.

Notwithstanding that professional confusion, the "Birthers" appear to know the answer. And some of our members here appear to know the answer.

In any event, if one doesn't understand what the question is, how can his answer be correct, other than by accident?

I assure you that yours truly shares this dilemma, and he is not ready to put his opinion in writing, as it is so uncertain.

Jim
It no longer matters, Jim. It is a moot point, what is done is done. What we must do is unite and unseat the pretender to the throne and his liberal media cheerleaders and his courts.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”