17y/o Killed By Neighborhood Watch/CHL

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

WildBill
Posts in topic: 92

Re: 17y/o Killed By Neighborhood Watch/CHL

Post by WildBill »

jmra wrote:I take it there's not much news about the case lately.
No news is good news? :cool:
NRA Endowment Member

scud runner
Posts in topic: 3

Post by scud runner »

He's out on bail. As far as I know, the government hasn't set a date for his "speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed" assuming they can find a jury that hasn't been tainted by MSM bearing false witness.

OldCannon
Posts in topic: 19

Post by OldCannon »

scud runner wrote:
He's out on bail. As far as I know, the government hasn't set a date for his "speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed" assuming they can find a jury that hasn't been tainted by MSM bearing false witness.
My guess is that the county is waiting for things to quiet down and then to have the prosecutor quietly file a motion that, based on new evidence, there is insufficient material to justify a trial.
I don't fear guns; I fear voters and politicians that fear guns.

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 67

Post by Oldgringo »

The Annoyed Man wrote:I just got back from Florida last night. A couple of nights ago I had the chance to talk to a guy from Sanford, and I asked him what the prevailing opinion in Sanford is about Zimmerman's guilt/innocence, and his reply basically paralleled what most here seem to be saying: that A) Zimmerman probably should have not followed Martin, but the shooting was legitimate use of force in self-defense; B) that people in Sanford mostly believe that Zimmerman will be acquitted; and C) that Sanford PD officers still seem to think that the case was properly handled from the git-go.

I just thought that it was interesting because we're 1500 miles away, while his comments were from someone who lives in the community where the events took place.
Suits me. The fact of the matter is: we Texas CH licensees ain't got no dog in that Sanford, FL hunt.

chasfm11
Posts in topic: 12

Post by chasfm11 »

Oldgringo wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:I just got back from Florida last night. A couple of nights ago I had the chance to talk to a guy from Sanford, and I asked him what the prevailing opinion in Sanford is about Zimmerman's guilt/innocence, and his reply basically paralleled what most here seem to be saying: that A) Zimmerman probably should have not followed Martin, but the shooting was legitimate use of force in self-defense; B) that people in Sanford mostly believe that Zimmerman will be acquitted; and C) that Sanford PD officers still seem to think that the case was properly handled from the git-go.

I just thought that it was interesting because we're 1500 miles away, while his comments were from someone who lives in the community where the events took place.
Suits me. The fact of the matter is: we Texas CH licensees ain't got no dog in that Sanford, FL hunt.
I don't share that view. The right to a fair trial should be a fundamental part of our society and, at least initially, the Sandford situation was shaping up to be anything but. We had a "dog in the hunt" in the AZ shooting, too. Any time that the anti-gun forces attempt to use a particular situation to change overall gun related laws, we are affected, whether we acknowledge it or not. I lived in NJ and don't want to see other States revert to the requirement that one must retreat before attempting to defend themselves. So I'm following the Sanford case and hoping that justice is served and that some kind of a railroaded verdict is not used as a fulcrum for gun law erosion.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

jmra
Posts in topic: 77

Post by jmra »

chasfm11 wrote:
Oldgringo wrote:

I don't share that view. The right to a fair trial should be a fundamental part of our society and, at least initially, the Sandford situation was shaping up to be anything but. We had a "dog in the hunt" in the AZ shooting, too. Any time that the anti-gun forces attempt to use a particular situation to change overall gun related laws, we are affected, whether we acknowledge it or not. I lived in NJ and don't want to see other States revert to the requirement that one must retreat before attempting to defend themselves. So I'm following the Sanford case and hoping that justice is served and that some kind of a railroaded verdict is not used as a fulcrum for gun law erosion.
:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

philip964
Posts in topic: 215

Post by philip964 »

http://www.wtsp.com/news/topstories/art ... uth-Tampa-" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

philip964

Post by philip964 »

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/fbi ... ime/nN5pR/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Going to be arrested by the FBI for a hate crime.

Bennies
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Bennies »

I grew up about 10 minutes or so from that area. It is real sketchy around the base. I would not want to break down around there.
GOA member
NRA member
TSRA member
Glock 23 w/Crossbreed Supertuck

Bennies
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Bennies »

philip964 wrote:
http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/fbi ... ime/nN5pR/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Going to be arrested by the FBI for a hate crime.
This is beyond redicilous!! I don't see how there could even be enough evidence to charge him with "a hate crime". This is all so politically motivated it makes me sick. Well if they seekhate crime charges against GZ they better also go after the group of people who beat the reports exct. in retaliation for Travon. This country is a racial time bomb that is getting to explode.
GOA member
NRA member
TSRA member
Glock 23 w/Crossbreed Supertuck

sjfcontrol
Posts in topic: 270

Post by sjfcontrol »

So, he hated black people so badly that he actually mentored a black kid? I guess no good deed goes unpunished.
Insane.
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

baldeagle
Posts in topic: 187

Post by baldeagle »

George Zimmerman's medical report details a broken nose (simple fracture), two bloody eyes, two gashes on the back of his head and a back injury. Meanwhile, Trayvon Martin's autopsy reveals that he had broken skin on his knuckles. http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government ... cal-report" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Given these new revelations, it's hard to see how the state could make a case of manslaughter, much less 2nd degree murder. This physical evidence supports Zimmerman's story, which has not changed despite multiple questioning sessions with the police and a walk-through at the scene of the shooting. If his lawyer is at all competent, he should be either released or acquitted. As for the Feds, his best bet is to delay until after the election. Hopefully the present regime will be gone and the case will quietly go away.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

bizarrenormality

Post by bizarrenormality »

ALL enemies.

Foreign AND DOMESTIC.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

baldeagle wrote:George Zimmerman's medical report details a broken nose (simple fracture), two bloody eyes, two gashes on the back of his head and a back injury. Meanwhile, Trayvon Martin's autopsy reveals that he had broken skin on his knuckles. http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government ... cal-report" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Given these new revelations, it's hard to see how the state could make a case of manslaughter, much less 2nd degree murder. This physical evidence supports Zimmerman's story, which has not changed despite multiple questioning sessions with the police and a walk-through at the scene of the shooting. If his lawyer is at all competent, he should be either released or acquitted. As for the Feds, his best bet is to delay until after the election. Hopefully the present regime will be gone and the case will quietly go away.
Was this not available to the DA prior to charging him with a crime? So before a CHL uses his gun to defend himself, he must wait until he is injured enough to require hospitalization?

baldeagle
Posts in topic: 187

Post by baldeagle »

philip964 wrote:Was this not available to the DA prior to charging him with a crime?
Of course it was. The DA has access to all the evidence from the beginning.
philip964 wrote:So before a CHL uses his gun to defend himself, he must wait until he is injured enough to require hospitalization?
Only if he or she kills a minority. (I'm only being partially sarcastic.)

Interestingly, the "conversation" on Twitter has now shifted to, so what if he was being beaten? That's no reason to kill someone. and The medical records are a lie. This is all a big lie to cover up for a white man.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

Return to “Off-Topic”