Iowa, Minnesota, Louisiana, Maine, and Nevada

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
RCP
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Iowa, Minnesota, Louisiana, Maine, and Nevada

Post by RCP »

Looks like Oklahoma will soon also be in the win column for Ron Paul delegates despite the GOP attempting to prevent it by breaking their own rules (again). It didn't work for them in Missouri so I'm not sure why the GOP thought it would work in Oklahoma. :headscratch

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Topic author
RCP

Post by RCP »

So that now gives Ron Paul

Iowa
Minnesota
Missouri
Massachusetts (I find this one hilarious)
Louisiana
Nevada
Maine

and most likely

Oklahoma
Colorado
Alaska
Washington State

and it's not over yet. :patriot:

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 18

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

It's over. http://elections.nytimes.com/2012/primaries/delegates" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dave2
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Dave2 »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:It's over. http://elections.nytimes.com/2012/primaries/delegates" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Didn't Gingrich drop out? Either way though, yeah, I don't see how it could be anyone other than Romney.
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

hi-power
Posts in topic: 2

Post by hi-power »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:It's over. http://elections.nytimes.com/2012/primaries/delegates" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:iagree:

Ron Paul Suspends Active Campaigning
“Our campaign will continue to work in the state convention process. We will continue to take leadership positions, win delegates, and carry a strong message to the Republican National Convention that Liberty is the way of the future,” Paul said in a statement released on Monday by his campaign.

“Moving forward, however, we will no longer spend resources campaigning in primaries in states that have not yet voted. Doing so with any hope of success would take many tens of millions of dollars we simply do not have,” Paul said.
(Edited to add):
This link is more informative:
Rep. Ron Paul of Texas said Monday he will not compete in primaries in any of the states that have not yet voted — essentially confirming Mitt Romney will win the Republican presidential nomination.
Last edited by hi-power on Mon May 14, 2012 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Heartland Patriot

Post by Heartland Patriot »

hi-power wrote:

Ron Paul Suspends Active Campaigning
“Our campaign will continue to work in the state convention process. We will continue to take leadership positions, win delegates, and carry a strong message to the Republican National Convention that Liberty is the way of the future,” Paul said in a statement released on Monday by his campaign.

“Moving forward, however, we will no longer spend resources campaigning in primaries in states that have not yet voted. Doing so with any hope of success would take many tens of millions of dollars we simply do not have,” Paul said.
Now, lets get behind Mr. Romney and help him send the man occupying the White House on to a new career. The Occupier can go back to Chicago, play some golf with Rahm Emmanuel, do some more "community organizing", get him a nice library named for him at some very liberal school, and write a book about "social justice" and how he could have truly gotten the whole world to hold hands and saved the planet if it wasn't for a few meanies...and he can even do it on the taxpayers' dime, BECAUSE IT WILL BE A BARGAIN!

speedsix
Posts in topic: 10

Post by speedsix »

...he must be proud that he lived his "fifteen minutes" in the spotlight of life...blaming everything on someone else...may his book be printed on TP...

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Oldgringo »

Heartland Patriot wrote: ...Now, lets get behind Mr. Romney and help him send the man occupying the White House on to a new career....
Yes, let's do that.

RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

Oldgringo wrote:
Heartland Patriot wrote: ...Now, lets get behind Mr. Romney and help him send the man occupying the White House on to a new career....
Yes, let's do that.
nope, I'm voting for Ron Paul in the Primary ... I refuse to "get behind" someone who has a track record inconsistent with my values.

I may or may not "get behind" someone in November, that's a long way away, but I absolutely will vote against Mitt now.

Ron Paul Has Not Suspended His Campaign
from ronpaul2012.com
http://www.ronpaul2012.com/2012/05/14/r ... um=twitter" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Today

“Asked if this is a dropout, Paul’s campaign manager Jesse Benton said ‘Absolutely not! We are focusing our efforts squarely on winning delegates and party leadership positions at state conventions.”

Hopefully this will help clear up some of today’s confusion:
video at link above
Posted here for convenience

[youtube][/youtube]

So that answers for whom I'll vote (NotMitt) in which Primary

Unless I vote for Rick Santorum ... :mrgreen:
But I will not vote for Mitt in a Primary.
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

Ron Paul is not OUT! He is UP!

“We are absolutely not dropping out of this race! We are focusing our efforts squarely on winning delegates and party leadership positions at state conventions.”

- Jesse Benton, Campaign Chairman
http://dougwead.wordpress.com/2012/05/1 ... -he-is-up/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

psijac
Posts in topic: 3

Post by psijac »

I think if Gingrich and Santorum Stayed in he might have had a chance with his brokered convention strategy
07/25/09 - CHL class completed
07/31/09 - Received Pin/Packet sent.
09/23/09 - Plastic in hand!!

lbuehler325
Posts in topic: 5

Post by lbuehler325 »

RPB wrote:
Oldgringo wrote:
Yes, let's do that.
nope, I'm voting for Ron Paul in the Primary ... I refuse to "get behind" someone who has a track record inconsistent with my values.

I may or may not "get behind" someone in November, that's a long way away, but I absolutely will vote against Mitt now.

Ron Paul Has Not Suspended His Campaign
from ronpaul2012.com
http://www.ronpaul2012.com/2012/05/14/r ... um=twitter" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Today

“Asked if this is a dropout, Paul’s campaign manager Jesse Benton said ‘Absolutely not! We are focusing our efforts squarely on winning delegates and party leadership positions at state conventions.”

Hopefully this will help clear up some of today’s confusion:
video at link above
Posted here for convenience

[youtube][/youtube]

So that answers for whom I'll vote (NotMitt) in which Primary

Unless I vote for Rick Santorum ... :mrgreen:
But I will not vote for Mitt in a Primary.
RLTW!
TX CHL (Formerly licensed in PA, MA, KY)
MOPH, VFW, GOA, NRA, 82nd Airborne Division Association

lbuehler325

Post by lbuehler325 »

[youtube][/youtube]

Off topic, but I believe that is Ric Flair, Arn Anderson, and the rest of the Four Horsemen in that photo in the background. :coolgleamA:
RLTW!
TX CHL (Formerly licensed in PA, MA, KY)
MOPH, VFW, GOA, NRA, 82nd Airborne Division Association

GeekDad

Post by GeekDad »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:The best hope for smaller, less intrusive government lies with Tea Party Republicans. They truly represent small government and since they work within the Republican Party, they can and do get elected. It won't happen over night; it will take several elections. Libertarians will never win any significant offices in significant numbers because there's far more wrong with their philosophy than there is right.

Chas.
With all due respect Chas, I find it funny you don't like Ron Paul but you like the Tea Party to which it was Ron Paul's Grassroots movement he started in 2008 that was the catalysis for the Tea Party... Irony?
Also, you are dead wrong about Ron Paul... and I find it funny that the only presidential candidate pulling in 9K - 10K sized crowds every where he speaks is the guy that does not have a shot to win. Stop watching Faux News

To Everyone else.
So what you are really saying that only sell outs to Goldman Sachs (Obama and Romney) and other big campaign contributors can only be President...
When are you guys going to realize... the 4 years you are enduring now would have been the exact same as a Romney administrations... Romney = Obama, their is no difference except the little letter next to their names!

When is the general public going to stop voting for a party and start voting on Principal... Even if you don't like Ron Paul, or don't agree with what he says... you could still vote for him and actually know EXACTLY what you are going to get under his administration. The man has never been bought.
I believe the Founding Fathers meant for the law to be understood by every man, so he/she could understand their rights and defend them. The convoluted laws of today have stripped us of our understanding and as such, our rights. CHL Holder Since 05/04/2012

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 18

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Ron Paul has stated he "has put an end to actively campaigning for the Republican Nomination." In an attempt to save face, he does claim he's going to continue to try to garner delegates so he can put a voice to his position on various political issues. Here is just one of many sources: http://www.kptv.com/story/18375804/ron- ... ampaigning" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Folks can play word games all they like, but when you decide not to participate in any state primaries that have not voted, you have dropped out of the race. There's no other rational conclusion. Yes, he wants to have a voice in the Republican Convention, yes he hopes to have Romney adopt some of his positions, but he knows he can't get the nomination and a "suspension of the active campaign" in "states that haven't votes yet" is dropping out of the race.

Romney isn't my first choice; heck he's not my third choice, but he's the only choice. Ron Paul is likely to run as an independent and that works to Obama's benefit. If he truly cared about this county, instead of his own ego, he wouldn't do one single thing that helps to keep Obama in office another four years.

Chas.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”