Post Your Revolver Carry

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

JLaw
Posts in topic: 3

Post by JLaw »

Sure has been a lot of talk about carrying wheel guns here lately on the forum, sounds like TexasCHLForum'ers are going through a REVOlution! :willynilly: :crazy: :skep: :lol:

JLaw

HighVelocity
Posts in topic: 2

Post by HighVelocity »

fm2 wrote: HighVelocity, nice grips!

I wonder how many people here carry small revolvers? I think I'll open a poll. :smile:
Thanks! They're Kim Ahrends cocobolo. I picked them up used from another forum. :grin:
I am scared of empty guns and keep mine loaded at all times. The family knows the guns are loaded and treats them with respect. Loaded guns cause few accidents; empty guns kill people every year. -Elmer Keith. 1961

carlson1
Posts in topic: 4

Post by carlson1 »

I am sure most folks now days carry semi autos. I guess it is the child in me, but back in 81 when I started in Law Enforcement we had the old revolver (100lb S&W 28). The revolver still holds a place in my heart. I picked this one up today in a trade and thought I would show it off.
Ruger SP101 from Gemini Customs. It has the Hybra Port Stainless Steel package with a pair of Badger Custom Grips. Again, I got this on a "trade" deal and it by far the best revolver I have ever owned.

flintknapper
Banned

Post by flintknapper »

I love the SP-101, I will never part with the one I have.

Gemini does excellent work, and they are a good source for aftermarket sights and grips for the SP.

http://www.geminicustoms.com/RugerSP101prices.htm

It looks like the finish on that one is "bead blasted"?

Are those a pair of laser grips for the SP (laying off to the side)?
Spartans ask not how many, but where!

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

flintknapper wrote:It looks like the finish on that one is "bead blasted"?
Are those a pair of laser grips for the SP (laying off to the side)?
You are are right on both questions. Bead Blasted and Laser Grips. I sold the Laser grips because I already had a pair. I talked to Gemeni yesterday and was not able to get help on their sights all though they are great because this pistol has the port. He suggest another sight that would not melt when the gun is fired.

flintknapper
Banned

Post by flintknapper »

You definitely don't want their "small wonder fiber optic sight" on it.

I was kinda disappointed in the "small wonder" sight, and ended up putting a tritium/white dot on mine.

Regardless of what front sight you choose, the pistol remains one fine shooting piece.

Hang onto it.
Spartans ask not how many, but where!

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

That is what I ordered was the Tritium sight. He told me that the "small wonder" sight would melt after a few rounds. I think this is a keeper. It was a great trade for me.

Scroggwe
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Scroggwe »

I carry the same revolver as Longtooth, Model 85 Taurus. My holster is a cheap nylon IWB holster that I bought at the Pasedena Gun Show about a month ago. Don't know what brand it is. The only tag I can find on it says, "Hecho en Mexico." It's a comfortable holster, but I have to wear a t-shirt to keep it from rubbing my side raw. It has an adjustable retention strap over the hammer. It conceals well in the 3:30 position (if I cant it forward), but it takes a act of Congress to reholster!!
U.S. Army, retired

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”