NEW: Springfield XDS Single Stack .45ACP Micro

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

AnglinTexas
Posts in topic: 2

Re: NEW: Springfield XDS Single Stack .45ACP Micro

Post by AnglinTexas »

http://xdspistol.com/specs.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They have updated the weight to 21.5oz. I'm real sure this will be my next purchase :fire

healedknee
Posts in topic: 1

Post by healedknee »

Not to bash a new gun (after all, any new gun is usually a good thing...that diversity thing) but officer sized M1911s already offer a slim, very concealable .45 (or .40. 38 Super and 9mm) with 7+1 capacity (or 8+1 in 9mm). That aside, the new XD is a nice looking gun and I am sure that it will be popular based on how much value the XD line brings (yes, I have an XD in the vault).

A-R
Posts in topic: 4

Post by A-R »

healedknee wrote:Not to bash a new gun (after all, any new gun is usually a good thing...that diversity thing) but officer sized M1911s already offer a slim, very concealable .45 (or .40. 38 Super and 9mm) with 7+1 capacity (or 8+1 in 9mm). That aside, the new XD is a nice looking gun and I am sure that it will be popular based on how much value the XD line brings (yes, I have an XD in the vault).
Look closer at the specs, this gun is considerably smaller than an Officer-size 1911 even smaller than a Springfield EMP and as small or smaller than a Kahr PM45. It's about size of a Walther PPS. This gun could easily be carried as BUG in an ankle holster and possibly even pocket carried in the right scenario.

SpringfieldXD45

Post by SpringfieldXD45 »

Im in Dallas. Does anyone know when this will be here??????

longhorn_92

Post by longhorn_92 »

The reports I'm reading is that ETA is mid May. Let me know if anyone else knows differently.
“If you try to shoot me, I will have to shoot you back, and I promise you I won’t miss!”

NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Member

Sangiovese

Post by Sangiovese »

My daily carry is an XD-45C. And now, just in time for summer... Springfield gives me something that looks like it will slip into the pocket of my cargo shorts.

I think I'm in love :drool:
NRA Endowment Member. Texas LTC Instructor. NRA certified Pistol & Home Firearm Safety Instructor - Range Safety Officer

Any comments about legal matters are general in nature and are not legal advice. Nothing posted on this forum is intended to establish an attorney-client relationship.

TLE2

Post by TLE2 »

Hey, if you're a fan of guns made in Croatia, go for it. I personally prefer my guns made here. :patriot:
Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... (Jefferson quoting Beccaria)

... tyrants accomplish their purposes ...by disarming the people, and making it an offense to keep arms. - Supreme Court Justice Joseph Story, 1840

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”