NEW Smith & Wesson M&P conceal carry weapon

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

aaangel
Posts in topic: 2

Re: NEW Smith & Wesson M&P conceal carry weapon

Post by aaangel »

$449 MSRP..... : we might( :txflag: ), see this @ around $369.99, hmmm i might consider.
'got to Texas ASAIC.

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 1

Post by RoyGBiv »

Looks promising...
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

scref

Post by scref »

can2boy wrote:
$449 MSRP..... : we might( :txflag: ), see this @ around $369.99, hmmm i might consider.

Academy has it listed at $399.99

http://www.academy.com/webapp/wcs/store ... 4294965779" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
EDC: S&W M&P Shield
TX CHL: 5/9/12

GunsOverTexasRadio

Post by GunsOverTexasRadio »

I got mine yesterday, and I am very impressed with the Shield. Not quite a pocket carry (unless you have cargo pockets) but not far from one either. The trigger is, in my opinion, better than that of the larger M&P models. It even has a crisp, positive, reset. The thumb safety is also very positive. Positive enough that I could confidently carry the gun with the safety disengaged and not have to worry about it working it's way into the on position. The recoil was minimal, especially for a gun it's size. I've only had time to put 100 or so rounds through it (straight out of the box, no cleaning or lube), but so far the Shield has performed flawlessly. Two thumbs up so far! :patriot:

Bashful

Post by Bashful »

I picked one up yesterday... and I've run 250 rounds of FMJ and 25 Critical Defense JHP through it without a bobble. The trigger has a more positive reset than my M&P 9c, but not quite as pronounced as my Glock. I think this one will be a winner. I've got a Kydex OWB holster ordered for it, and I should have it late this week. I'm afraid that my G26 is going to see some more safe time than before.
Springfield EMP Lightweight Champion
Glock(s)
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member

tomtexan
Posts in topic: 4

Post by tomtexan »

Bashful wrote:I picked one up yesterday... and I've run 250 rounds of FMJ and 25 Critical Defense JHP through it without a bobble. The trigger has a more positive reset than my M&P 9c, but not quite as pronounced as my Glock. I think this one will be a winner. I've got a Kydex OWB holster ordered for it, and I should have it late this week. I'm afraid that my G26 is going to see some more safe time than before.
If you don't mind my asking, what did you have to pay for the new Shield and which store did you purchase it from?
The laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.
NRA Life Member

Bashful

Post by Bashful »

tomtexan wrote:
Bashful wrote:I picked one up yesterday... and I've run 250 rounds of FMJ and 25 Critical Defense JHP through it without a bobble. The trigger has a more positive reset than my M&P 9c, but not quite as pronounced as my Glock. I think this one will be a winner. I've got a Kydex OWB holster ordered for it, and I should have it late this week. I'm afraid that my G26 is going to see some more safe time than before.
If you don't mind my asking, what did you have to pay for the new Shield and which store did you purchase it from?
Academy - Pasadena for $399
Springfield EMP Lightweight Champion
Glock(s)
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member

surferdaddy

Post by surferdaddy »

Looks really nice. I LOVE my 40c. I wonder if S&W was trying to capture a bit more of the female market with this one. My wife says that she feels like she is holding a cucumber when she holds my compact. I think this may open up the platform to individuals who other wide found the m&ps a bit chunky. I just how it's easier to shoot than my lc9, that little sucker bites!
CHL/LTC instructor
NRA basic pistol/home firearm safety instructor.

surferdaddy

Post by surferdaddy »

btw, not trying to suggest the shield is girly (unless your are a girl and the I am), I just know my wife prefers the way my lc9 fits her to my m&p compact. I'm going to stop digging now .
CHL/LTC instructor
NRA basic pistol/home firearm safety instructor.

Kabong30

Post by Kabong30 »

They look awesome and my wife wants one. She's waiting for the .40 though. They don't seem girly at all to me, but if they'll get more women armed, great! Anything that makes shooting more accessible to everyone is a good thing. :thumbs2:

surprise_i'm_armed
Posts in topic: 4
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

surferdaddy wrote:Looks really nice. I LOVE my 40c. I wonder if S&W was trying to capture a bit more of the female market with this one. My wife says that she feels like she is holding a cucumber when she holds my compact. I think this may open up the platform to individuals who other wide found the m&ps a bit chunky. I just how it's easier to shoot than my lc9, that little sucker bites!
Yes, perhaps females are PART of the prospective buyers of this weapon, but there are plenty of male shooters for whom
a single stack 9MM or .40 would be just the ticket. "Thin is in" for some CHL's and it doesn't have to be a Kahr.

Taurus PT709 and PT740 Slims have sold in decent quantities, so Smith and Wesson is simply offering their alternative guns.

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

Keith

Post by Keith »

Nice gun. I saw one today and held it. My only complaint was the grip felt to narrow to me. I have bigger hands. Im hoping the XDs has a wider grip. Both of these look like great CC guns. Cant beat the 399.99 price either.
When the bullet leaves
You can't bring it back

mikeintexas

Post by mikeintexas »

A friend showed me the Shield that he had just bought today when we were through at Chruch. He hasn't had a chance to shoot it yet, so I'll see what he says after a few rounds.

Ed4032

Post by Ed4032 »

Got mine Tuesday and shot it on Wednesday. Put 400 rounds thru it. All I can say is WOW. Not a single problem with all kinds of ammo. Very accurate too.
Gun control is like stopping drunk driving by making it harder for sober people to drive.

NRA Life Member

aaangel

Post by aaangel »

held one on tuesday @ CTD. points really nice. the grip to me is a little slippery. (slip on overgrip will solve it) .so far,nothing but positive reviews. I'm very close to breaking my own rule. (waiting a year to get the kinks out)
'got to Texas ASAIC.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”