N82 tactical holsters

Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
tomjh
Posts in topic: 4

N82 tactical holsters

Post by tomjh »

Has anybody tried these and if so how do you like them? They look awesome, especially the new "professional" model. They look like they would be extremely comfortable.

MoJo
Posts in topic: 1

Re: N82 tactical holsters

Post by MoJo »

Link? Pics?
"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
George Mason
Texas and Louisiana CHL Instructor, NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection and Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor

mrvmax
Posts in topic: 2

Post by mrvmax »

I have one of their original ones and it is very comfortable. The only downside is that it is hard to re holster dud to the elastic. I think their new model with the kydex instead of elastic would be ideal if the price is the same as the elastic model.

Topic author
tomjh

Post by tomjh »

Sorry. Here is a link. They look very cool to me and comfortable. Was looking to see if anybody had used one.
http://n82tactical.com/n82store/?page_id=1792

Here's a picture of the Professional. This is tuckable and cantable. The Original and Orignal Tuckable are made of neoprene or something. This one is polycarbonate. The soft ones can be used for multiple guns but this one is a lot better for reholstering.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Especially with the professional model, I'm not sure I'd be too confident in the retention of the holster inside my pants if I had to draw the gun. I mean, I'm not sure the holster wouldn't come out with the gun. It doesn't look, to me, that the holster is secured to my pants or belt very well.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

I am concerned it would tilt forward or backward, not cool.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Topic author
tomjh

Post by tomjh »

C-dub wrote:Especially with the professional model, I'm not sure I'd be too confident in the retention of the holster inside my pants if I had to draw the gun. I mean, I'm not sure the holster wouldn't come out with the gun. It doesn't look, to me, that the holster is secured to my pants or belt very well.
I would think if nothing else, your belt secured around it would hold it in. I've been using a Remora which has zero clips and isn't secured to anything at all but with the tension of my pants & belt around it, it stays in just fine.

Topic author
tomjh

Post by tomjh »

mrvmax wrote:I have one of their original ones and it is very comfortable. The only downside is that it is hard to re holster dud to the elastic. I think their new model with the kydex instead of elastic would be ideal if the price is the same as the elastic model.
I loved the original at first look but it seems it would be almost impossible to re holster without unbuttoning your pants. The new model looks ideal; however the price is $69 instead of $39.

mrvmax
Posts in topic: 2

Post by mrvmax »

tomjh wrote:
mrvmax wrote:I have one of their original ones and it is very comfortable. The only downside is that it is hard to re holster dud to the elastic. I think their new model with the kydex instead of elastic would be ideal if the price is the same as the elastic model.
I loved the original at first look but it seems it would be almost impossible to re holster without unbuttoning your pants. The new model looks ideal; however the price is $69 instead of $39.
I figured the price would be higher, that is too much. There are better holsters in that price range. The original N82 was good, but it does move some due to only being secured by one clip to the belt. Re-holstering is very difficult and the main reason I did not like it. After buying my Raven Concealment I stopped looking for holsters, it is by far the best I own. When you carry a small handgun there are more holsters that may work. My EDC is a 5" 1911 so I need a good holster and the cheaper ones never work well.

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”