NEW Smith & Wesson M&P conceal carry weapon

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
NewDefender
Posts in topic: 1

NEW Smith & Wesson M&P conceal carry weapon

Post by NewDefender »

I'm considering for concealed carry the new S&W M&P subcompact http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2012/0 ... to-leaked/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for both myself and my girlfriend. I've considered a glock 19 or kel tec pf9, but the new small size of the M&P looks to be very convenient and ergonomically pleasing. Granted, it doesn't have as many rounds as some of the other cc guns out there, I think thats not a big issue.

Anyt thoughts or opinions?

THANKS!!

hi-power
Posts in topic: 2

Re: NEW Smith & Wesson M&P conceal carry weapon

Post by hi-power »

Welcome to the forum! :tiphat:

I've shot the 9mm version. As long as I was using the pinkie-extension magazine, it was very comfortable for me. It is definitely a great gun to shoot and is very accurate. It feels good in the hand and has a good balance to it. I encountered no issues at all.

MMac

Post by MMac »

I don't believe he's asking about the M&P 9c, but the new (tomorrow, 4/12) "M&P 9 Shield". I have the 9c and would like to look at and compair the new compact to it.
Mac
Houston/Klein, TX
NRA Member
S&W M&P 9FS, 9c, Shield 9, 15-22

hi-power

Post by hi-power »

Oops. Nevermind. I didn't pay close enough attention to the link. :leaving

RHenriksen

Post by RHenriksen »

Interesting, looking forward to learning more about this pistol
I'll quit carrying a gun when they make murder and armed robbery illegal

Houston Technology Consulting
soup-to-nuts IT infrastructure design, deployment, and support for SMBs

MoJo

Post by MoJo »

S&W is pretty good at debugging new models, I would still wait a while before sinking my money into one of these. They will be hard to get for the next few months let someone else be the beta tester. I want one too but, I'm willing to wait 6-12 months.
"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
George Mason
Texas and Louisiana CHL Instructor, NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection and Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor

tomtexan
Posts in topic: 4

Post by tomtexan »

MoJo wrote:S&W is pretty good at debugging new models, I would still wait a while before sinking my money into one of these. They will be hard to get for the next few months let someone else be the beta tester. I want one too but, I'm willing to wait 6-12 months.

:iagree:
The laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.
NRA Life Member

Ed4032

Post by Ed4032 »

Yes but I really need one of these. Mostly because I don't have one, but I started working on permission already.
Gun control is like stopping drunk driving by making it harder for sober people to drive.

NRA Life Member

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

MoJo wrote:S&W is pretty good at debugging new models, I would still wait a while before sinking my money into one of these. They will be hard to get for the next few months let someone else be the beta tester. I want one too but, I'm willing to wait 6-12 months.
This is a good grief avoidance procedure whenever any new gun comes out, regardless of manufacturer.

The "gotta have it 'cuz it's new" guys will spend their money buying lots of them. Shortly thereafter you'll read detailed reports on what's wrong with the guns and when the manufacturer will have a fix in place - all without spending a dime.

There will be plenty of time to buy one later when and if they get working as they should and after you've had time to dispassionately consider whether or not they really do anything better than the guns you've already got.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

SATX-Scrub

Post by SATX-Scrub »

The only problem I see with this is the length of time it'll take to get a decent IWB holster!!! I don't own a single S&W that doesn't go round in a circle but this might make a nice addition.
“He looked like an accountant or a serial-killer type. Definitely one of the service industries.”
― Kinky Friedman, Elvis, Jesus, and Coca-Cola
http://atomicnumber13.blogspot.com/

RHenriksen

Post by RHenriksen »

The press release mentioned something about working w. outside vendors to ensure they'll be ready to go with compatible products at or close to its launch. So perhaps it won't take as long as you think?
SATX-Scrub wrote:The only problem I see with this is the length of time it'll take to get a decent IWB holster!!! I don't own a single S&W that doesn't go round in a circle but this might make a nice addition.
I'll quit carrying a gun when they make murder and armed robbery illegal

Houston Technology Consulting
soup-to-nuts IT infrastructure design, deployment, and support for SMBs

Wysiwyg101

Post by Wysiwyg101 »

I just watched a Youtube video by youtuber JamesYeager and he and several other prolific gun reviewers and gun bloggers were invited to the Smith & Wesson gun range for a couple of days and supplied all the ammo they could shoot just to test out this new gun. He was quite impressed with it. He also got another gun reviewer to talk about it and they both had really good things to say about the gun.

Check it out here:

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Based on that, I am interested in, at the very least, going shooting with it to see if I like it. I'm about ready to purchase my second handgun. This one could be it. Also looking at the LC9, LCP, Keltec PF9, and the Kahr CM9 or CW9....We'll see...lol.

texanron

Post by texanron »

12/17/2010 CHL
5/21/2012 non-resident CHL

Transplant

Post by Transplant »

I'm excited about this. Hopefully it drives down the price of a new LC9. :)

gregthehand

Post by gregthehand »

I really like the idea of it because I currently use a S&W M&P Pro 9mm for IDPA and IPSC. I'd like to see if this pistol can be fitted with the same trigger as the pro and a fiber optic front sight so that I can practice how I fight (should I ever have to use my pistol in a defense situation). I'm a big proponent of muscle memory after all.
My posts on this website are worth every cent you paid me for them.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”