G19 IWB holster for skinny guy

Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
tomjh
Posts in topic: 2

G19 IWB holster for skinny guy

Post by tomjh »

I'm sure this has been beat to death and I've read a lot on this topic already but all the posts seem to be several years old. I'm looking for a good IWB holster for my Glock 19. I'm 5'9", 155 lbs. I've placed an order with TT Gun leather for one and have also ordered a Remora. Hopefully I'll love the leather one but I'm looking at a LOT of holsters and I'm seeing some that I love the way they look but wonder how well they'll conceal for my size. Does anybody have any suggestions for this gun model/size and my body type? I just recently switch from a SIG SP2022 and have a CBST for it. A little hard to conceal but the G19 has a short grip so a Super Tuck might be the way to go. It's a little hard to take on and off so I'd really like something easy, comfortable, concealable. I guess I'm asking a lot! :roll:

snatchel
Posts in topic: 1

Re: G19 IWB holster for skinny guy

Post by snatchel »

tomjh wrote:I'm sure this has been beat to death and I've read a lot on this topic already but all the posts seem to be several years old. I'm looking for a good IWB holster for my Glock 19. I'm 5'9", 155 lbs. I've placed an order with TT Gun leather for one and have also ordered a Remora. Hopefully I'll love the leather one but I'm looking at a LOT of holsters and I'm seeing some that I love the way they look but wonder how well they'll conceal for my size. Does anybody have any suggestions for this gun model/size and my body type? I just recently switch from a SIG SP2022 and have a CBST for it. A little hard to conceal but the G19 has a short grip so a Super Tuck might be the way to go. It's a little hard to take on and off so I'd really like something easy, comfortable, concealable. I guess I'm asking a lot! :roll:
I'm 5'6 and 165.... I use a crossbreed type hybrid holster and conceal a G30 just fine..

They are a pain to take on and off... but I just leave mine on all day. When I get to the University, I simply take the gun out and leave it in the car... Wearing a holster isn't illegal.
No More Signature

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

Sorry, but I don't have any experience with holsters for skinny guys. :grumble
NRA Endowment Member

Target1911

Post by Target1911 »

I have tried many and the super tuck style is the best for me. I'm 6' and 175lbs
DAD, You are missed
6-5-54 ~ 4-16-10
rwhedgeart.com
III% United Patriots of Texas

Topic author
tomjh

Post by tomjh »

I'm sure supertuck it will be but I'm still hopeful that the leather IWB that I'm waiting on (6 weeks out) will just be awesome. We'll see. I just didn't want to have to wear the ST all day at work but I guess I have to make some adjustments and get used to some things.

C247

Post by C247 »

I'm 6' 155lb and carry a G19 in a comptac ctac. I think any hybrid holster will conceal a G19 so long as you find the cant and position that works best for you.

packa45

Post by packa45 »

Carry a Springer and a glock 23 both in supertuck deluxe holsters( not at the same time) and have no problems concealing at the 5:00 position. 5ft 6 145lbs.
Chl class for me and wife=$225. Chl application fees =$280. Chl gear for 2=more $ the previous. Moving from sheep to sheepdog = priceless

Target1911

Post by Target1911 »

I prefer the hybrid type over all leather because with the thin Kydex you have less bulk inside the waist band and there is less drag on the gun while you draw.
DAD, You are missed
6-5-54 ~ 4-16-10
rwhedgeart.com
III% United Patriots of Texas

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”