Galveston, Texas City: Hot times in the old towns

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
seamusTX
Posts in topic: 23

Re: Galveston, Texas City: Hot times in the old towns

Post by seamusTX »

In Texas City Tuesday two women ages 18 and 22 who reportedly were 8½ and 4 months pregnant were arrested and charged with burglary. They allegedly broke into an apartment in the 200 block of North Texas Street around 9:40 a.m. to collect an unpaid debt from the resident.

http://galvestondailynews.com/story/221554" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Geniuses, I tell ya'. They missed the exit for JSC.

- Jim

WildBill
Posts in topic: 2

Post by WildBill »

seamusTX wrote:Geniuses, I tell ya'. They missed the exit for JSC. - Jim
I just got that. "rlol"

At least they can't blame PMS. ;-)
NRA Endowment Member

jjslice
Posts in topic: 1

Post by jjslice »

only getting worse

Topic author
seamusTX

Post by seamusTX »

In Texas City Saturday police were called to deal with a "large disturbance" in the 3100 block of Curlew Lane around 9:40 p.m. (I am not familiar with that neighborhood. It is north of 25th Avenue North, not far from the Texas City Municipal Shooting Range.)

A 24-year-old woman allegedly threw a can of beer at a police car. When the officer attempted to arrest her, she allegedly punch the officer in the face three times with a closed fist. She was arrested and charged with misdemeanor and felony offenses.

http://galvestondailynews.com/story/230446" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

- Jim

sjfcontrol

Post by sjfcontrol »

seamusTX wrote:In Texas City Saturday police were called to deal with a "large disturbance" in the 3100 block of Curlew Lane around 9:40 p.m. (I am not familiar with that neighborhood. It is north of 25th Avenue North, not far from the Texas City Municipal Shooting Range.)

A 24-year-old woman allegedly threw a can of beer at a police car. When the officer attempted to arrest her, she allegedly punch the officer in the face three times with a closed fist. She was arrested and charged with misdemeanor and felony offenses.

http://galvestondailynews.com/story/230446" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

- Jim
At a minimum, she was guilty of "alcohol abuse"! :smilelol5:
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

Topic author
seamusTX

Post by seamusTX »

I have to think she woke up in jail and thought, Oh, no, I did what? :eek6

- Jim

texanron

Post by texanron »

There is not enough beer in the keg to get me so drunk that I would ever do something as stupid as that. I wonder how bad the officer is going to catch it from fellow officers about being punched 3 tines in the face by a drunk chic!
12/17/2010 CHL
5/21/2012 non-resident CHL

Topic author
seamusTX

Post by seamusTX »

I dunno, but when someone gets into a position to land three punches on the head, the outcome could be much worse for the cop. People have been killed or permanently disabled by one punch to the head.

- Jim
Fear, anger, hatred, and greed. The devil's all-you-can-eat buffet.

Ameer

Post by Ameer »

seamusTX wrote:In Texas City Tuesday two women ages 18 and 22 who reportedly were 8½ and 4 months pregnant were arrested and charged with burglary. They allegedly broke into an apartment in the 200 block of North Texas Street around 9:40 a.m. to collect an unpaid debt from the resident.
Child support?
I believe the basic political division in this country is not between liberals and conservatives but between those who believe that they should have a say in the personal lives of strangers and those who do not.

Topic author
seamusTX

Post by seamusTX »

Ameer wrote:Child support?
Who knows? The incident dropped out of the news, as it usually does after the arrest.

- Jim

Topic author
seamusTX

Post by seamusTX »

In Texas City Friday a 39-year-old pregnant woman was charged with stabbing the father of her child and assaulting a female acquaintance of the man in an incident that occurred at 2602 21st Street at 3:30 a.m.

http://galvestondailynews.com/story/245958" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sounds like another case for Jerry Springer.

- Jim

Topic author
seamusTX

Post by seamusTX »

In December 2010 one Robert Hernandez Ramos, then age 61, allegedly shot and killed two people in a bar in Texas City and injured a third person. One of the deceased victims was Ramos's father-in-law. The other was a former LEO who tried to stop the shooting. The injured victim was a bystander. This story is mentioned on the first page of this thread.

Jury selection begins today in Ramos's capital murder trial. District Attorney Jack Roady decided not to seek the death penalty. If Ramos is found guilty, he will automatically be sentenced to life in prison without parole.

No reason for the shooting has ever come to light.

http://galvestondailynews.com/story/302182" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

- Jim
Fear, anger, hatred, and greed. The devil's all-you-can-eat buffet.

Topic author
seamusTX

Post by seamusTX »

The trial began Tuesday. Ramos unexpectedly pleaded guilty to the charge of aggravated assault of the woman who was shot. He pleaded not guilty to capital murder.

Reportedly the defendant has been in jail with $1 million bond since his arrest in 2010.

http://galvestondailynews.com/story/302626" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In other news, the Galveston County District Clerk was charged with DWI after the vehicle he was driving allegedly struck two other vehicles and injured two people in League City. Police suspected he was under the influence of prescription drugs and took him to a hospital for a blood draw.

http://galvestondailynews.com/story/302542" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The man is already on probation. He pleaded guilty to assaulting his wife in December 2011.

http://galvestondailynews.com/story/282522" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

- Jim

WildBill
Posts in topic: 2

Post by WildBill »

seamusTX wrote:The trial began Tuesday. Ramos unexpectedly pleaded guilty to the charge of aggravated assault of the woman who was shot. He pleaded not guilty to capital murder.

Reportedly the defendant has been in jail with $1 million bond since his arrest in 2010.

- Jim
It is quite common for defendants to cop a plea right before trial. :smash:
NRA Endowment Member

Topic author
seamusTX

Post by seamusTX »

WildBill wrote:It is quite common for defendants to cop a plea right before trial.
It is.

However, it is usually done with the advice of the defense attorney, who has put out feelers to see what sentence the prosecutors will accept.

In this case, the guy pleaded guilty to aggravated assault by shooting the surviving victim with the same bullet that went through one of the homicide victims. It seems to me (IANAL, etc.) that he has destroyed whatever case the defense might have had.

With the proviso that I don't know anything other than what's in the paper, innocent until proven guilty, and all that, this looks like a slam-dunk case for the prosecution. They have 16 witnesses, and the defendant was arrested at the scene. Presumably they swabbed his hands and the weapon was confirmed to be the one that was used to shoot the victims.

- Jim

Return to “Off-Topic”