Waiting on plastic.. debating on what to carry?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
jcarlson91
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Waiting on plastic.. debating on what to carry?

Post by jcarlson91 »

Well I went to Cabelas and got my hands on many concealable guns. Then went to ShootSmart and shot a few. Still like the XD but now I'm going with the 9mm. Lighter, more rounds and cheaper to practice with. Anyone have holster recommendations?

rubio
Posts in topic: 1

Post by rubio »

jcarlson91 wrote:Well I went to Cabelas and got my hands on many concealable guns. Then went to ShootSmart and shot a few. Still like the XD but now I'm going with the 9mm. Lighter, more rounds and cheaper to practice with. Anyone have holster recommendations?
http://www.kholster.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; + they're on sale today!
Now I have a
machine gun

HO - HO - HO

rqFLSTFB

Post by rqFLSTFB »

Walther PPS or Glock19. my .02

LucasBU06

Post by LucasBU06 »

Like others have said, buying a pistol is a very personal matter. What works for me might not work for you. I went with the Beretta Nano and I love it. Reputable company and has worked flawlessly right out of the box. 6+1 of 9mm in a very small and lightweight package. Fits in just about any pocket, but I carry it IWB. I've carried cell phones and pocket knives that are less comfortable.
NRA Life Member

Nano

Post by Nano »

LucasBU06 wrote:Like others have said, buying a pistol is a very personal matter. What works for me might not work for you. I went with the Beretta Nano and I love it. Reputable company and has worked flawlessly right out of the box. 6+1 of 9mm in a very small and lightweight package. Fits in just about any pocket, but I carry it IWB. I've carried cell phones and pocket knives that are less comfortable.
I bought my Beretta Nano in January and love it. It has been shot 405 times with only 2 FTEs, both Blazer Brass 115gr. It is very comfortable to carry and very accurate. Beretta has built approximately 7000 Nanos. They claim they have tens of thousands on back order across the country and have gone to 24 hour production on it.
NRA Member

tommyg

Post by tommyg »

A.T.A. Arlington Tactical Arms is a great place to shop for a gun
It is a small store with knowligable personnel The owner is a LEO
His prices are well below the average cost at the larger stores.

You might want to rent a gun at a range Winchester range in Fort Worth
is a good place to do this since they have a large selection of rent guns.

After you decide on what to get go to A.T.A. for the best prices

ARLINGTON TACTICAL ARMS. SHOWROOM NOW OPEN!!! 4000 W. Pioneer Pkwy, Ste. 110. Arlington, TX 76013. 817.200.7661 ..

You can get a canvas shoulder holster from DeepConceal.com about $40.00

Wear a loose fitting shirt over your holster this works great

Also check out the Defenders program from the law offices of Horsley and Stewart in Dallas in
case the worst happens they offer prepaid legal for gun owners at an affordable price
N.R.A. benefactor Member :tiphat: Please Support the N.R.A. :patriot:

Kabong30

Post by Kabong30 »

Hey, thought I'd follow up since I picked a holster and it might help the OP. I picked up a Galco King Tuk that fits both my XD40sc and XDM 45C perfectly. It's a lot like the Crossbreed, but I got mine for $60 and it already has the "combat cut" to allow for a full grip when you draw. Plus, the guy at the shop was real nice about letting me try both pistols (an XD and an XDM but not mine) in the holster first.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”