Tremont, Galveston

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
ghostrider
Posts in topic: 3

Tremont, Galveston

Post by ghostrider »

Anyone know if the Tremont hotel in Galveston is posted?

http://www.wyndham.com/hotels/GLSTH/main.wnt?cid=14807" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA Member
Amateur Radio Operator

Keith B
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Tremont, Galveston

Post by Keith B »

Don't know about the 30.06 as they are not listed at http://www.texas3006.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, but they are not a 51% location per the TABC, so no worries there. :thumbs2:
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Topic author
ghostrider

Post by ghostrider »

they are not a 51% location per the TABC
thanks for that info.
NRA Member
Amateur Radio Operator

old farmer
Posts in topic: 1

Post by old farmer »

:tiphat:
It was not posted last time in dec.
:patriot:
God Bliss America.

alvins

Post by alvins »

i wouldnt go anywhere in galveston without atleast 1 gun.

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

ghostrider wrote:
thanks for that info.
They used to have a bar, but I haven't been there for several years. If it's still there I assume one would know not to carry in the bar proper and of course it should be posted 51%.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Keith B
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Keith B »

puma guy wrote:
ghostrider wrote:
thanks for that info.
They used to have a bar, but I haven't been there for several years. If it's still there I assume one would know not to carry in the bar proper and of course it should be posted 51%.
The bar is not 51% per the license for that address.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

johnson0317
Posts in topic: 4

Post by johnson0317 »

alvins wrote:i wouldnt go anywhere in galveston without atleast 1 gun.
Not sure why you are giving it bad press. Like any city, stay out of the places you do not belong. I would change your statement to, "I wouldn't go anywhere without at least one gun.

RJ
CHL Received 5/16/11
Proud Member NRA
Proud Member Texas Concealed Handgun Association
Proud Member Second Amendment Foundation
Proud Member of The Truth Squad founded by Tom Gresham. "A lie left unchallenged becomes the truth"

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

johnson0317 wrote:
alvins wrote:i wouldnt go anywhere in galveston without atleast 1 gun.
Not sure why you are giving it bad press. Like any city, stay out of the places you do not belong. I would change your statement to, "I wouldn't go anywhere without at least one gun.

RJ
I wouldn't go anywhere without at least one gun, especially Galveston.

Heh heh.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Leroy

Post by Leroy »

Times two on Alvins statement. Since Ike flushed out the public housing on the island and the major perpetrators of most island crime scattered to the MAINLAND (some in the vicinity of CLEAR LAKE SHORES), crime is down dramatically on the ISLAND. Galveston also has an excellent interim police chief by the name of Henry Porretto who is doing a tremendous job in erradicating crime on the island. Why he is not make permanent chief is beyond me.

Leroy

Post by Leroy »

Anygunanywhere...I think your chances of getting "jacked" are FAR higher at the walmart or target right outside your little hamlet of clear lake shores. Bullet proof glass in the golf cart perhaps??

alvins

Post by alvins »

galveston has always looked like a dump it always will. you go 1 block off the "nice" areas and its a total disaster area.sorry if you dont like my opinion but many people would agree.

rcasady

Post by rcasady »

i always have fun in Galveston and go quite often , you just have to be smart like anywhere else . it has some character :biggrinjester: and more to do than you probably know about . and it has gotten much better since Ike

Tremont is a beautiful hotel , and yes they do still have a bar (dont remember a 30.06) actually if you take the original ghost tour they will bring the whole group into the lobby and by the bar where it is said to be haunted :shock: it definitely has a rich history and is very nice

i support the island whenever possible , if you wanna check the surf or just see whats going on on the island check out this website . its run by a fella named BILLY he's great ,does alot around town (christian surfers) and takes wonderful photos ! he post 10 shots every single day of the island rain or shine along with his live feed of the surf from the webcam at his realty shop in seawall
http://g-townsurf.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:cheers2:

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

Leroy wrote:Anygunanywhere...I think your chances of getting "jacked" are FAR higher at the walmart or target right outside your little hamlet of clear lake shores. Bullet proof glass in the golf cart perhaps??
Funny stuff.

No golf cart.

I consider myself just as safe in CLS as Galveston.

Points are well taken.

Great thread.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Leroy

Post by Leroy »

Now I gotta do a times two on rcasady's post! LOL As far as a relief from the big city...u cant beat the island. No, its not Destin...but its also NOT a days drive away. If you catch it on the right day..the water can be as nice as just about anywhere on the planet. ESE winds bring in the gorgeous emerald green water to the beach...u just have to know when to go. Also...can someone name me ONE city that doesn't have a "dumpy" part of town?

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”