First post...

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
calvin
Posts in topic: 2

First post...

Post by calvin »

Hello!

I have been reading the forum for about 3 weeks now and figured I would make my first post in the Waiting Room. After moving back to Texas a couple months ago I decided to start looking into buying a hand gun. Don't laugh but I took the NRA First Steps class from a local trainer in the Houston area. Figured I wanted to learn as much about safety as possible before I ran out and bought a gun. During the class I learned about how the CHL works and what was needed to acquire one. Shortly after that I purchased a Glock 19 and then took my CHL class. After doing more research I decided to pickup a Glock 26 as my official carry gun. Long story short, I am waiting for my CHL to get here!

2/12/12 Online Application
2/14/12 Fingerprints
2/17/12 Range and Classroom
2/22/12 Mailed
2/24/12 DPS Received per USPS status
3/6/12 DPS still says it is waiting to receive everything :-(

Calvin
Last edited by calvin on Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

i8godzilla
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Fist post...

Post by i8godzilla »

Welcome. :tiphat:

Remember the old saying about a "watched pot never boils"? Same hold true for the DPS website. There are folks that have received their plastic in the mail when the website still has items pending. There are others that have waited a couple of weeks after the website said mailed.
No State shall convert a liberty into a privilege, license it, and charge a fee therefor. -- Murdock v. Pennsylvania
If the State converts a right into a privilege, the citizen can ignore the license and fee and engage in the right with impunity. -- Shuttleworth v. City of Birmingham

Longhornfan69

Re: First post...

Post by Longhornfan69 »

Welcome to the forum!
M&P 9c
M&P 45c

MyLittle1911

Post by MyLittle1911 »

Same here. I got my "Return Receipt" back in the mail today showing they received the packet on 3/1.
"How many more times are we going to cower under tables and chairs, whimpering like mindless dogs, thinking that someone else has the responsibility to save and protect us?" ~ Uncle Ted

old farmer

Post by old farmer »

Welcome, :tiphat:
God Bliss America.

johnson0317

Post by johnson0317 »

MyLittle1911 wrote:Same here. I got my "Return Receipt" back in the mail today showing they received the packet on 3/1.
Poor lady in the receiving department must get awful tired of having to sign for all those envelopes. Probably uses them as stuffing in her seat cushion for a couple of weeks before sending them along, and stuffing the next batch in.

RJ
CHL Received 5/16/11
Proud Member NRA
Proud Member Texas Concealed Handgun Association
Proud Member Second Amendment Foundation
Proud Member of The Truth Squad founded by Tom Gresham. "A lie left unchallenged becomes the truth"

Madbull

Post by Madbull »

calvin wrote:...Don't laugh but I took the NRA First Steps class from a local trainer in the Houston area. Figured I wanted to learn as much about safety as possible before I ran out and bought a gun....
That's a good thing! :cheers2: It's always better safe then sorry. As a newbie gun person, I have been looking into anything and everything I can to become more proficient, and not just 'some guy that bought a gun and doesn't have a clue'.

The folks here are great and giving advice, welcome aboard
Mailbox to Mailbox - 32 Days

RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

Madbull wrote:
calvin wrote:...Don't laugh but I took the NRA First Steps class from a local trainer in the Houston area. Figured I wanted to learn as much about safety as possible before I ran out and bought a gun....
That's a good thing! :cheers2: It's always better safe then sorry. As a newbie gun person, I have been looking into anything and everything I can to become more proficient, and not just 'some guy that bought a gun and doesn't have a clue'.

The folks here are great and giving advice, welcome aboard
:iagree:
More people should do that.
:tiphat:

And ... Welcome
:txflag: :patriot:
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

Topic author
calvin
Posts in topic: 2

Post by calvin »

Thanks for the welcomes! Just woke up to this...

Background Check : Under review

:cheers2:

S&Wgrl

Post by S&Wgrl »

Welcome Calvin. It looks like this you and I are on the same schedule. Happy waiting!
2/17/12 Online CHL application
5/21/12 Plastic!

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”