Montrose man loses dog during robbery

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Divided Attention
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Montrose man loses dog during robbery

Post by Divided Attention »

WowBeautiful Danes!!! Dane Memories! I grew up with Danes - El Rey Del Castillion (King) was a black dane that had been raised by an Italian doctor. He knew his name in English, all other commands were Italian. He followed me everywhere when I was little (like 8) If we played nicely, all was well, if we started bickering, he would grab me by the shirt and led me home. One older kid liked to torture us and one day King walked up to him, leaned on him till he fell down, and then sat on him till I ran home and got my dad. :mrgreen:

He didn't like uniforms and went through more than one screen door after the mail man. One night we came home and he had proudly left his possum on the porch for us (we lived in a wooded area). Mom told me to go get Dad to get the shovel and throw the possum in the woods. 'Bout gave Dad a coronary hollering "Daddy, King killed the postman and momma wants you to bring the shovel to bury it in the woods". Dad was sure he had finally gotten the mail man. :biggrinjester:

Closest I have come to another "King" was our boxers Max and Secret! Someday will have another giant breed, but right now my baby is my toy poodle "Fang"! I pity the fool that tries to take him!
Blessed be the LORD, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle; Psalm 144:1-2
CHL - 2010; NRA RSO - 2011, NRA Chief RSO - 2014
NRA Pistol Instructor -2013, NRA Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor - 2015
Lifetime NRA Member - 2013

PUCKER
Posts in topic: 5

Post by PUCKER »

El Rey Del Castillion sounds like an awesome dog! I swear that Samson understands plain English, as in "Go eat first and then you can come inside..." And sure enough, back to the food bowl he goes...and then he comes to the door...

VMI77
Posts in topic: 3

Post by VMI77 »

PUCKER wrote:El Rey Del Castillion sounds like an awesome dog! I swear that Samson understands plain English, as in "Go eat first and then you can come inside..." And sure enough, back to the food bowl he goes...and then he comes to the door...

There's no question about it....most dogs can understand a good 40 or so words in English. Some dogs can understand up to 400 words. Hamlet can even understand some words when we spell them. We can't even spell "egg" any more because he knows what it means and he loves boiled eggs. Spelling "walk" is also out. There's a Nova doc on dogs (available on Netflix) that shows a dog who can follow instructions like...."go to the bedroom and bring back the red ball," or the "blue triangle." Dogs are capable of demonstrating intelligent behavior that chimps can't perform.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

Return to “The Crime Blotter”