WTS: M1A "Loaded," with Extras.... PRICE REDUCED...AGAIN!!

Items listed for over one month, or that were sold are listed here.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 19

WTS: M1A "Loaded," with Extras.... PRICE REDUCED...AGAIN!!

Post by The Annoyed Man »

PRICE REDUCTION. SEE HERE: viewtopic.php?p=640533#p640533

OK, once in a while you have to make space in the safe for a new rifle, and I find myself in that position with my beloved M1A. Daddy needs a nice accurate AR10, and momma needs daddy to sell one of his rifles to make that happen. If momma ain't happy, nobody's happy, and that includes all of you, so help a brother out here!

Offered for sale here is a package deal, including the orginal rifle, plus all the bling I've added to it. I don't know the exact round count, but it is defintely less than 350, including the 60 I fired just last Saturday. Face to face only, but I'm willing to try and meet someone half way if it isn't too far from the DFW Metroplex. Details and pictures below.....
  • This is a "Loaded" model. The original purchase price was $1,729.95, at Euless Guns & Ammo. This one has an olive drab synthetic stock. (Website) The features of the "Loaded" M1A rifles include:
    • Barrel: air-gauged medium weight National Match (available in stainless steel or parkerized chrome moly steel), 22" inches in length with a 1:11 right hand twist. (The rifle being offered is the parkerized version.)
    • Front Sight: National Match .062” Military Post
    • Rear Sight: GI Match Grade Non-hooded Rear Sight: Aperture .0520, Adjustable, One-half Minute for Windage and One Minute for Elevation
    • 2 Stage Military Trigger, Match Tuned, 4.5-5 lbs
    Also: The original MIM hammer has been replaced by Springfield with a forged unit.
  • Upgrades (the prices shown are what I actually paid for these items):
    • Sadlack M14 Scope Mount, $160.00, Website
    • SWFA SS-Tac 30mm Rings, $75.90, Website (the front ring has an additional rail on the top for mounting a light or something)
    • SWFA SS 10x42 Tactical 30mm Riflescope, $799.95, Website (This scope uses HD glass and is extremely bright and clear; the windage and elevation adjusters are .1 mil, and the reticle is mil-dot.)
    • Karsten's Cheek Rest, $59.95, Website (the adjustment knobs are set up on the left side because I am left handed, but they can be reversed in a couple of minutes for a right handed shooter)
    • Fulton Armory Front Stock Swivel with Picatinny Rail, $59.95, Website
    • Fulton Armory Aluminum Bipod Mount for Rail, $31.95 Website
    • 7 Promag 20 Round magazines (6 of which are still in the package) from Midway USA, $118.93 ($16.99 each), Website
$1,729.95 Rifle's Cost to Me
$1,246.68 Optics and Other Accessories Cost to Me
$2,976.63 My Total Investment in this Rifle (plus tax)

Price reduced to $2,200.00 for the package. That's $776.63 off of the total retail value, so I don't really have a lot of wiggle room there. I am not interested in breaking the package up because all of the extras except the scope are specific to the M1A/M14 platform. I won't be able to use them myself if I sell the rifle separately, and I'll have a much harder time selling them piece by piece, than as part of the package because M1A owners are a small market. Buy this package, and enter that fraternity fully equipped!

If I can't sell it here on the forum within the next few days, I'll be taking it to the Fort Worth gun show this weekend and trying to sell it there.

Alternatively, if someone has a precision AR10 like the Rock River Arms LAR-8 Operator or a DPMS Panther LRT-SASS and you would like to work some kind of a trade which includes a quality optic, I would be willing to discuss the possibilities. I am not looking for a 16" barreled rifle, so it has to be something in the 18-20" barrel length with a 1:10 twist, preferably threaded at the end.

I'll try to take and post a picture of the Fulton Armory swivel with the rail and the bipod mount.

Edited to add the information about the forged hammer.
Last edited by The Annoyed Man on Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Dave2
Posts in topic: 1

Re: WTS: M1A "Loaded," with Extras....

Post by Dave2 »

Tam, you do know how to tempt a man...
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

carlson1
Posts in topic: 3

Post by carlson1 »

I know it is a blast to shoot and this is a terrific deal.

68Charger
Posts in topic: 4

Post by 68Charger »

I'll give you $50 and throw in a Lorcin.. :biggrinjester:

That sure is a beaut. Good luck with the sale!
We don't need no stinking badges!

Topic author
The Annoyed Man

68Charger wrote:I'll give you $50 and throw in a Lorcin.. :biggrinjester:

That sure is a beaut. Good luck with the sale!
That's a tempting offer, but I'll have to pass. Thanks though. :lol:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

#TINVOWOOT

OldCannon

Post by OldCannon »

TAM, you are a cruel, cruel man to wave that in the face of those of us that love M1As.

There was a time, not long ago, when I would have snatched that offer up. Alas, now that I've started my FFL business, all my "spare" money goes into that business, instead of getting cool new guns for myself. There is a perverse irony in that :cryin

And completely off topic: I had no idea we had this "smiley"
:chldancing But that's what I'd be doing if I had bought this beautiful rifle (although with much less, um, grace)
I don't fear guns; I fear voters and politicians that fear guns.

ddstuder

Post by ddstuder »

I could give you a '89 Camry station wagon and a Davis Industries .380 for it!

:smilelol5: "rlol"

Wow! If I only had the money for this!!

Payment plan? :smilelol5:
Guns are like parachutes, if your ever in a situation that you need one and you dont have one, you'll probably never need one again.

Topic author
The Annoyed Man

ddstuder wrote:Payment plan? :smilelol5:
Wish I was in that kind of position. Unfortunately, I need to get my money out of it for use in purchasing a different rifle/optic combination.

#TINVOWOOT

old farmer
Posts in topic: 2

Post by old farmer »

:tiphat:
Tax return money? But, "If momma ain't happy, nobody's happy, and that includes all of you..." So tempting...
:banghead: :banghead: I have to think about it...
God Bliss America.

5thGenTexan

Post by 5thGenTexan »

Sooooo many wants and so few spare $$$$ it only I could operate under the same rules as the morons in DC. Unfortunately I'm not doing deficit spendining now.

She is a gorgeous tool.
5th Generation Texan
"Republicrats and Demicans, it ain't no surprise,
Got their hands full of gimme, they got their mouths full of lies."

Topic author
The Annoyed Man

bump...

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
The Annoyed Man

Here are a few more pictures, just to get everyone's juices flowin' and wallets throbbin'............. :mrgreen:

DETAIL: This shows the Fulton Armory Front Stock Swivel with Picatinny Rail, with the Fulton Armory Aluminum Bipod Mount attached to it, and a cheap knockoff of a Harris bipod attached. The bipod is not included, but it that's a deal breaker, I'll gladly throw it in.

DETAIL: This shows how the Karsten's Cheek Rest adjusts. The bolts are just regular carriage screw type. To reverse the knobs to the other side, just unscrew them, pull the bolts and and push them back through from this side and re-tighten the knobs on the other side. The height of the cheek rest simply adjusts up or down by loosening the knobs, moving the rest up or down, then re-tightening the knobs.

The sort of discoloration around the wrist of the stock is not really visible to the naked eye. I didn't see it until I looked at the pics. I have been distracted and still haven't cleaned the rifle since I shot last Saturday, so it is probably just oils from handling and such combined with the way the light hit the subject. Of course, it will be cleaned before it is sold.

#TINVOWOOT

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Stop. Please stop. You're making me cry. :cryin
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Topic author
The Annoyed Man

TxLobo wrote:Chris, I had no idea you could be so cruel...
C-dub wrote:Stop. Please stop. You're making me cry. :cryin
Hey, all you guys have to do to get some relief is to buy the thing! :mrgreen:

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “Closed Items”