I'm calling it: Gingrich/Rice in 2012

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Dave2
Posts in topic: 6

Re: I'm calling it: Gingrich/Rice in 2012

Post by Dave2 »

Oldgringo wrote:The NRA and I liked Huntsman, alas.
I never knew much about Huntsman. Mostly I was just confused as to why there was so much border-line hatred towards him. I think that online "who should you vote for" quiz that someone posted here a couple weeks ago put him in my top three, but it was clear to me even then that he was unlikely to get anywhere so I never bothered researching him.
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

Ashlar
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Ashlar »

Huntsman was too sane and rational. Not enough fire-breathing.

Face it, the republican primaries are about 'How far ultra-conservative can you go..' and then the nominee has to course-correct himself for the general election to appeal to the rest of the country.

texasmusic

Post by texasmusic »

Romney is ultra conservative?? :shock:
Ubi libertas habitat ibi nostra patria est

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

texasmusic wrote:Romney is ultra conservative?? :shock:
Maybe he is talking about Bob Dole or John McCain, Romney hasn't ever been a nominee. Not yet anyway.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

AEA
Posts in topic: 2

Post by AEA »

I'm calling it: Gingrich/Rice
Newt may be finished tonight...........
http://politics.blogs.foxnews.com/2012/ ... hs-ex-wife" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Alan - ANYTHING I write is MY OPINION only.
Certified Curmudgeon - But, my German Shepherd loves me!
NRA-Life, USN '65-'69 & '73-'79: RM1
1911's RULE!

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 29

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Ashlar wrote:Huntsman was too sane and rational. Not enough fire-breathing.

Face it, the republican primaries are about 'How far ultra-conservative can you go..' and then the nominee has to course-correct himself for the general election to appeal to the rest of the country.
I don't think that explains why Romney has maintained his steady lead over the others in the primaries. All those folks who are trying to "out-conservative" one another are losing to Romney so far.

The problem is that this contest to outdo one another has become a distraction, and the candidates are really chewing one another up. They are acting out a caricature of conservatism, not the real thing. This is the most virulent republican primary that I can recall, and democrats are loving it. Our guys are spending all their energies on character assassination of one another, and Obama is getting off scott free. Every single primary candidate ought to be refusing to engage in this crap, and instead focus all of their energies on exposing the fraud, moral bankruptcy, economic ignorance, and mendacity of this this administration.

If they don't stop it, we're going to lose the election and the future existence of this country to Obama's promise to remake it into something unrecognizable as American.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 29

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Interesting development..... Perry withdrawing, and will be endorsing Gingrich in a little while.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 16

Post by Oldgringo »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Ashlar wrote:Huntsman was too sane and rational. Not enough fire-breathing.

I don't think that explains why Romney has maintained his steady lead over the others in the primaries. All those folks who are trying to "out-conservative" one another are losing to Romney so far.

The problem is that this contest to outdo one another has become a distraction, and the candidates are really chewing one another up. They are acting out a caricature of conservatism, not the real thing. This is the most virulent republican primary that I can recall, and democrats are loving it. Our guys are spending all their energies on character assassination of one another, and Obama is getting off scott free. Every single primary candidate ought to be refusing to engage in this crap, and instead focus all of their energies on exposing the fraud, moral bankruptcy, economic ignorance, and mendacity of this this administration.

If they don't stop it, we're going to lose the election and the future existence of this country to Obama's promise to remake it into something unrecognizable as American.
I am afraid, very afraid that all you say above is true...woe is us.

Ashlar

Post by Ashlar »

Romney's trying to take a step to the right (and not succeeding, but he's trying.)

texasmusic

Post by texasmusic »

Romney isn't the nominee... yet. He's moving that direction and the media is on his side. Even if newt topples him... I don't call him ultra conservative either. I don't see either one of them doing anything the great obongo wouldn't do.
Ubi libertas habitat ibi nostra patria est

bayouhazard

Post by bayouhazard »

Maybe he means this is as conservative as Romney gets. So expect a hard turn to port if he gets the nomination.

Anyne else hear a rumor that Santorum actually won one?

Topic author
OldCannon
Posts in topic: 21

Post by OldCannon »

bayouhazard wrote:
Maybe he means this is as conservative as Romney gets. So expect a hard turn to port if he gets the nomination.

Anyne else hear a rumor that Santorum actually won one?
Don't matter to me. After Santorum's tacit approval of SOPA, he's off my "might consider" list.
I don't fear guns; I fear voters and politicians that fear guns.

Kythas
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Kythas »

Three days ago I would have said Gingrich was done, but he came out swinging in the debate and said what we all wanted to say to the press and it helped him big.

I think Newt is probably the most intelligent person in the running but he's being stupid in attacking Romney's financial success. After all, isn't the ability to freely earn as much as you legally can a core tenet of not only the GOP, but our entire country and capitalist system? I don't understand why anyone would think attacking that success would work with Republicans. Democrats will bang that drum in the interest of class warfare, though.

It looks like it's anyone's race at this point. With Florida next, it'll be really interesting to see what happens there.
“I’m all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let’s start with typewriters.” - Frank Lloyd Wright

"Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms" - Aristotle

RockingRook
Posts in topic: 10

Post by RockingRook »

No matter what happens now an Obama re-election is certain.

The Republicans have been so busy beating each other up they forgot about
attacking Obama. Yes, they could be using their own campaigns to attack all of Obama's failed policies
and offering a solution to them. Instead of attacking each other with nonsense.

I think Obama has his 2nd term in the bag.

Chuck :cheers2:
Born in Brooklyn, NY joined AF in '65 as a 2nd Lt. Went through Naval EOD School in 67. Spent
the next 8 years in and around South East Asia. I was stationed in Texas in '84. Retired from the AF in '85.
Remained in Texas, raised my 2 kids and here I stayed. I hope it Rains!!

tbrown
Posts in topic: 11

Post by tbrown »

RockingRook wrote:The Republicans have been so busy beating each other up they forgot about
attacking Obama. Yes, they could be using their own campaigns to attack all of Obama's failed policies
and offering a solution to them. Instead of attacking each other with nonsense.
Other than the Bain Capital detour, most all the attacks on Romney can double as attacks on Obama. But I agree, if Romney gets the nomination, there's really nothing for Mitt to attack Barack on, and Obama's reelection is in the bag.
sent to you from my safe space in the hill country

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”