Rudy's BBQ is now posted (Updated: No longer posted)

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Dave2
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Rudy's BBQ is now posted

Post by Dave2 »

AggieMM wrote:Good news. May I suggest that the OP (Original Poster) edit the first post with the updated information, and edit the title. This way folks don't get the incorrect information if they don't read the entire thread.
Someone Who Didn't Read Past Page Three wrote:They just lost my business.
no guns no money.
Anyone wanna take bets on the # of these posts per page? I'll give 2:1 on five... ;-)

(I'm just giving you a hard time, rqFLSTFB, no offense intended and I'd have likely jumped to the same conclusion.)
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

Kythas
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Kythas »

Well, I wish I'd read the entire post before lunch. I went to Rudy's in Allen at lunch to see if they're posted and they're not. No blue "unlicensed" TABC sign, either, though.
“I’m all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let’s start with typewriters.” - Frank Lloyd Wright

"Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms" - Aristotle

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

Now that we've got that out of the way, if y'all have never enjoyed the pulled pork BBQ with the mustard/vinegar sauce that is inherent to the Carolina's and middle Tennessee, you ain't never had BBQ.

Let 'er go boys... :fire

RPB
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RPB »

:mrgreen:
Last edited by RPB on Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

Texas10X

Re: Rudy's BBQ is NO LONGER posted

Post by Texas10X »

Please note -- Rudy's said they have taken down the signs.

RPB
Banned

Re: Rudy's BBQ is NO LONGER posted

Post by RPB »

Texas10X wrote:Please note -- Rudy's said they have taken down the signs.
Thanks, saved me a trip to Round Rock, Georgetown, Austin, Lubbock, Killeen etc to not get sumpin to eat "rlol"
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

Keith B
Posts in topic: 12

Post by Keith B »

In an effort to keep these posts from being made, I have updated the topic title.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

AggieMM
Posts in topic: 3

Post by AggieMM »

Keith B wrote:In an effort to keep these posts from being made, I have updated the topic title.
Thank you. :tiphat:

Ryan

Mike1951

Post by Mike1951 »

Oldgringo wrote:Now that we've got that out of the way, if y'all have never enjoyed the pulled pork BBQ with the mustard/vinegar sauce that is inherent to the Carolina's and middle Tennessee, you ain't never had BBQ.

i'm 60, and until we had cousins visit from NC a few years ago, I had never heard of pulled pork.

I'm still not sure that's really BBQ.
Mike
AF5MS
TSRA Life Member
NRA Benefactor Member

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Mike1951 wrote:
Oldgringo wrote:Now that we've got that out of the way, if y'all have never enjoyed the pulled pork BBQ with the mustard/vinegar sauce that is inherent to the Carolina's and middle Tennessee, you ain't never had BBQ.

i'm 60, and until we had cousins visit from NC a few years ago, I had never heard of pulled pork.

Quit talkin' smack. Don't be tryin' ta start no feud. :fire

:lol:
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

Mike1951 wrote:

Yep, that pulled pork is BBQ alright. Those folks over there had been cooking their BBQ for a hundred years before there was anything except tacos and frijoles to eat in Tejas. I suspect the BBQ that Keith B is so fond of in Memphis is also pork.

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Oldgringo wrote:
Mike1951 wrote:

Yep, that pulled pork is BBQ alright. Those folks over there had been cooking their BBQ for a hundred years before there was anything except tacos and frijoles to eat in Tejas. I suspect the BBQ that Keith B is so fond of in Memphis is also pork.
Yep, I be a pork BBQ guy. Growing up my sandwiches were Memphis style pulled pork and dry-rubbed pork ribs with a vinegar based sauce to put on them. These days I make a mean smoked pork loin and do some great pulled pork shoulder/butt. I can make good ribs, but they are still not up to the standard that I really like from a couple of my favorite rib restaurants.

For beef, I like brisket if it is done right, but I have tasted too many that were like eating shoe leather because it was so tough and dry. Admittedly you can ruin anything, but think brisket is a little harder to do and get it done properly. And i am NOT a fan of beef ribs. Just not the flavor I like in my BBQ.
Keith

MadMonkey

Re: Rudy's BBQ is now posted (Updated: No longer posted)

Post by MadMonkey »

Strangely enough, the best BBQ I've had outside of TX was in Aspen, Colorado... not a place you'd expect. There's a little restaurant called the Hickory House on the east side of town which has GREAT ribs, sausage, and beef... some of the best I've had. My brother and I were exploring the state and spent the night there. We ordered the "Family Feast" (I think it was called) and had the whole thing polished off in two servings "rlol"

I'm planning to spend some time up there when I get back.
“Beware the fury of a patient man.” - John Dryden

PUCKER
Posts in topic: 3

Post by PUCKER »

Nothing like a BBQ feud! :biggrinjester:

I say we have a "BBQ Shootout"...y'all cook and I'll judge! :evil2:

I enjoy/appreciate all the different styles of BBQ/regional cuisine...one of the many benefits of travel. :tiphat: (sidenote - maybe should jog/run to these destinations instead of flying/driving, would help with the belly :biggrinjester: ).

texasmusic

Post by texasmusic »

I agree with enjoying all the regional flavors. Carolina has some good pork bbq. Had a good pulled pork sandwich from a roadside operation in Florida which was without a doubt running through the wilderness the week before.

I don't like the molasses style BBQ sauce that some places have. TX places are some of the worst offenders here... like they loaded up on Mcdonalds bbq sauce and emptied all the packets into their pot.
Ubi libertas habitat ibi nostra patria est

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”