Good low cost guns

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Hoosier Daddy
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Good low cost guns

Post by Hoosier Daddy »

gigag04 wrote:PD trade in gen3 Glocks.
The PD trade-in 40s are abundant and priced to sell.
Indiana Lifetime Handgun License

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

The Ruger Stainless P95 can be bought at academy for $379. Rugged reliable and not a bad shooter. The more you shoot it the better it gets.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Seabear

Post by Seabear »

Liberty wrote:The Ruger Stainless P95 can be bought at academy for $379. Rugged reliable and not a bad shooter. The more you shoot it the better it gets.
Even better, you can pick those up used from 200-250. I bought one for 200 last year and let a guy talk me out of it for 300. LOL Good gun, just bulky. I call em the "brick".
Carry safe and carry when and where you can. I'm just sayin'.

THX

Post by THX »

I am a far better shot with my Bersa Thunder 380 CC than my Ruger LC9. Check out the whole Bersa line; they offer outstanding value. Look that the Thunder Pro models.

CC Italian
Posts in topic: 2

Post by CC Italian »

Depends on what you consider "low" cost for a handgun.

Semi auto= Ruger P95 or any used Pmodel

Revolver- S&W model 10 or any used Ruger revolver

Like others have said used shotguns are cheaper for the house. If your not going to keep it in a safe then I wouldn't buy anything over 300 bucks if I could help it.

I bought a P95 as a "truck" gun incase I go somewhere that I know I can't carry inside. I rather have a P95 stolen then one of my more expensive firearms in the event that my car gets broken into.

mr surveyor

Post by mr surveyor »

I can't imagine needing 6 "stash guns". I have one loaded handgun at each end of the house and my carry gun is either on on body, or within arms length 24/7. And, yes, I carry at home, at work, church, social visits, etc.

What's the "need" for so many cheap "stash guns"?

surv
It's not gun control that we need, it's soul control!

CC Italian

Post by CC Italian »

I kind of agree with you on that Surv. but what is extreme to one is normal to another. I own a total of 9 firearms and my set up is like yours in regards to how they are placed in my house. Most are in a safe! My friends who are not big into guns think I am crazy but I know MANY who make my little collection look like a serious joke. I know people who buy 1 new handgun a month, any from a personal sell they like at any time and a rifle or shotgun at least 5 times a year. Some have over 50 firearms and they are not ffls. I could never afford this nor would I want 50 firearms in my house but it's their "castle" and their money to work for and spend. (Keep stimulating that economy and our second amendment is fine by me)

mr surveyor

Post by mr surveyor »

CCI

Yes, I do have "more than three" myself (but less than 50 :sad: ). My thought is that the OP would do much better having a CHL and carrying a higher quality firearm on his person, rather than try to stash multiple lower quality handguns in so many strategic locations. I'd much rather have 3 better quality handguns in the $400-800 price range than 6 inferior quality guns in the $200-300 range.

surv
It's not gun control that we need, it's soul control!

Topic author
2firfun50

Post by 2firfun50 »

A big thanks to everyone for your inputs!!! Just made a real fair deal on an almost new Glock 19 ($400) and an almost new Kel-tec pocket model .380 ($150) for my wife to pocket carry. Since we both have our CHLs, that frees up the 2 Bersa thunders for good, reliable stash pieces. I always carry everywhere I can and at home and my wife does not. The shotgun is kept available with a good flashlight in the bedroom. Now I can stash the Bersas where she can get to one quickly if needed. However I do want to get anothe G19 with an attached light for her night stand. As soon as the gun funds recover, another G19 with a light will be on the list. I firmly believe, at home, the pistols are fight your way to the shotgun.

Thanks again everyone.

2B1Ask1

Post by 2B1Ask1 »

Not sure what cal you are looking for but I went with the Kahr good American made gun and was not too bad of a price bought it at Cabela's on sale like $300. Could have saved about $60 if I would have bought through http://www.grabagun.com

They are really cheap on all of the guns. Started to get the High Standard 45 and may end up getting one later. Good luck on your search.
Kahr CW40

Mason since 2008

US Army Veteran 1997-1999 (8 months in Bosnia, Disabled)

snatchel

Post by snatchel »

Stash one of the Bersa's in the throne room. A lot of folks overlook this place for some reason... I have a mossberg 500 beater stashed behind the towel rack. Of course I run a oily rag over it once a month when I do my monthly inspections on firearms to prevent rust..... Just sayin.
No More Signature

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”