Rudy's BBQ is now posted (Updated: No longer posted)

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

SATX-Scrub
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Rudy's BBQ is now posted

Post by SATX-Scrub »

rvsullivan wrote:Just received a very nice email from Rudy's saying they made a mistake and have taken down any 30.06 signs that may have been posted. Thought that was very quick and appreciated.
Hooray for a quick end!!! I might add that Rudy's always asks if you're a veteran, and give a little discount to out vets. That, my friends, is how a good business stays in business. I shall celebrate tonite with some Rudy's from Leon Springs!
“He looked like an accountant or a serial-killer type. Definitely one of the service industries.”
― Kinky Friedman, Elvis, Jesus, and Coca-Cola
http://atomicnumber13.blogspot.com/

PappaGun
Posts in topic: 4

Post by PappaGun »

rvsullivan wrote:Just received a very nice email from Rudy's saying they made a mistake and have taken down any 30.06 signs that may have been posted. Thought that was very quick and appreciated.
Wow. Is all I can say.

Can you cut and paste the email?

Was this like a "oops, my junior assiastant thought this would be a good idea" email or a Wow! We in the Rudy's C-Suites
made a bad decision and apologize for it" email.

Frankly, it's hard to believe that they did a 180 on a holiday weekend and so quickly.

But stranger things have happened.
"Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed, as they are in almost every country in Europe."
- Noah Webster

"All we ask for is registration, just like we do for cars."
- Charles Schumer

Keith B
Posts in topic: 12

Post by Keith B »

OK, I've changed my opinion of their BBQ from mediocre to decent. ;-) :lol:

Will continue to go there for their turkey, which I DO think is good. :thumbs2:
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

stroguy

Post by stroguy »

stroguy wrote:I will swing by the Rudys in Spring tomorrow and give an update here and at 3006.
No sign spotted at I45/Louetta. Glad to hear of the update from corporate.

WildBill
Posts in topic: 6

Post by WildBill »

Keith B wrote:OK, I've changed my opinion of their BBQ from mediocre to decent. ;-) :lol:

Will continue to go there for their turkey, which I DO think is good. :thumbs2:
I have had Rudy's many times, but only because my company uses them to cater some of our staff lunches. Kudos to them for taking down the 30.06 signs...

and kudos to pbwalker for the recipes for creamed corn. That dish is always very popular.

Our admin nevers seems to order the turkey. I will have to speak to her about that. :thumbs2:
NRA Endowment Member

apostate

Post by apostate »

Keith B wrote:I consider myself a BBQ coni-sewer as I grew up close to Memphis and along the Mississippi River where some of the best 'que in the country comes from. And, a family friend owns the biggest commercial BBQ pit building businesses in the country, Ole Hickory Pits. So, I got spoiled on really great BBQ ribs and pulled pork.
I'm going to Memphis next month for Rangemaster's conference. What bbq restaurants would you suggest for pulled pork?

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

apostate wrote:
Keith B wrote:I consider myself a BBQ coni-sewer as I grew up close to Memphis and along the Mississippi River where some of the best 'que in the country comes from. And, a family friend owns the biggest commercial BBQ pit building businesses in the country, Ole Hickory Pits. So, I got spoiled on really great BBQ ribs and pulled pork.
I'm going to Memphis next month for Rangemaster's conference. What bbq restaurants would you suggest for pulled pork?
For pulled pork either Central BBQ on Central Ave. or Jim Neely's Interstate BBQ on 3rd st. If you get a pulled pork sandwich, make sure it's Memphis style with the slaw on top. :drool: :thumbs2:

Most places have pretty good ribs. I like Charlie Vergo's best, but Central or Neely's are good.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

couzin
Posts in topic: 1

Post by couzin »

We need a recipe and good places to eat section... :cheers2:
“Only at the end do you realize the power of the Dark Side.”

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 2

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Keith B wrote:
apostate wrote:
For pulled pork either Central BBQ on Central Ave. or Jim Neely's Interstate BBQ on 3rd st. If you get a pulled pork sandwich, make sure it's Memphis style with the slaw on top. :drool: :thumbs2:

Most places have pretty good ribs. I like Charlie Vergo's best, but Central or Neely's are good.
We love BB Kings for ribs and some great blues music!!! They have a dance floor too! The place is always packed! Beale street has several great places to "imbibe".

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

03Lightningrocks wrote:We love BB Kings for ribs and some great blues music!!! They have a dance floor too! The place is always packed! Beale street has several great places to "imbibe".
I agree 03. Like I said, lots of good places for ribs. BB's definately has the atmosphere with good food and music. Beale is must visit if you want the Memphis blues experience.
Keith

PappaGun

Post by PappaGun »

couzin wrote:We need a recipe and good places to eat section... :cheers2:
:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

My vote is in for Sonny Bryan's :txflag:
"Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed, as they are in almost every country in Europe."
- Noah Webster

"All we ask for is registration, just like we do for cars."
- Charles Schumer

Wienerdogtroy

Post by Wienerdogtroy »

Excellent. I am not a patron of 30-06 locations and this is Texas!

Second the comments on the corn and I am a fan of their beans and moist beef. The benches bring back memories eating with Dad, so this is a big deal.

AggieMM

Post by AggieMM »

Good news. May I suggest that the OP (Original Poster) edit the first post with the updated information, and edit the title. This way folks don't get the incorrect information if they don't read the entire thread. :coolgleamA:

Ryan

alphonso

Post by alphonso »

The link below is to Rudy's. Drop 'em a line and let them know how you feel...

http://rudysbbq.com/page/feedback" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

alphonso wrote:The link below is to Rudy's. Drop 'em a line and let them know how you feel...

http://rudysbbq.com/page/feedback" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Why beat a dead horse? We won... poking sticks at a Tiger may get you eaten.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”