Rudy's BBQ is now posted (Updated: No longer posted)

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Derf
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Rudy's BBQ is now posted

Post by Derf »

I know a few folks that work at Rudy's corporate offices. Which location was this 30.06 seen at? Feel free to let me know via reply or PM and I'll make an inquiry with them.
"Victory goes to the one who has no thought of himself."- Shinkage School of Swordsmanship

Blindref757

Post by Blindref757 »

Their bar-b-q is OK, but their sauce is exceptional IMHO. I guess I'll get it by going through the drive-through once per quarter. I would certainly be on the letter to corporate writing committee!

PS...That creamed corn is awesome, but you can make it just as good at home!

pbwalker
Posts in topic: 3

Post by pbwalker »

Blindref757 wrote: PS...That creamed corn is awesome, but you can make it just as good at home!
+1
1 pound frozen corn
2 pkgs. (3 oz. each) cream cheese, cut in cubes
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon. salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper

Spread corn over bottom of 3 1/2-4 quart slow cooker. Top with cream cheese cubes.

Mix remaining ingredients; pour over corn and cream cheese.

Cover and cook on high heat setting for 2-3 hours until creamy. Stir well before serving.

Little more for doubling and 1 1/2 to 2 hours more for tripling. You can start this cooking hours in advance and plug in at end of counter and not have to bother with it at all as you prepare other dishes.
*NRA Endowment Member* | Veteran
Vote Adam Kraut for the NRA Board of Directors - http://www.adamkraut.com/

pbwalker

Post by pbwalker »

Another, similar in style
Rudy’s Creamed Corn

Ingredients

4 lbs. frozen sweet corn
2 8 oz blocks cream cheese, diced into 1 inch squares
1 stick (4 oz) of salted butter
3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
4 tablespoons of sugar
1 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt

Directions

Throw all the ingredients, without any sort of ceremony or circumstance, into a crockpot on medium or low for at least 4 hours. If you need it done faster, cook it on the stove or on high in the crockpot, but be prepared to sacrifice a little of the savory goodness that results when corn is allowed to soak in dairy for hours. All of the cream cheese pieces should be completely melted and will easily break down and combine with the cream and butter to make the ‘gravy’.
*NRA Endowment Member* | Veteran
Vote Adam Kraut for the NRA Board of Directors - http://www.adamkraut.com/

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

This is very disappointing news. I enjoy eating at the original in Leon Springs. Unfortunately, I'll have to rethink where I get my barbecue fix and spend my money.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Munk

Post by Munk »

I'll swing by the Allen location next door to Cabela's and see if they are posted, too. Don't much care for anything other than their sauce.
III%

Katygunnut

Post by Katygunnut »

OldCannon wrote:
kjolly wrote:The Rudy's near my home in Austin I would rate as the 3rd best bar-b-que in town. Will disarm to get my fix but never eat there. Just in and out to bring it home.
That's the opposite of my mindset. Even if I thought it was the best BBQ, I would let the manager know that I not only disagree with their policies, but others do too, and I will ensure that until the sign comes down, we will take our business elsewhere.

Seriously, I don't go into ANY 30.06 eateries/entertainment places, even if my friends drag me there and I'm not armed. They don't get my money, period. We should all be this way. They're exercising a legal choice, so should we. I will not just shrug my shoulders and go in. I reckon that's just me.
Not just you.

I fought to protect my constitutional rights. I saw friends die in the protection of those rights. They are more important to me than anything a business has to sell, and I will not willingly give them up just so I can have lunch. I would rather skip a meal than give up any of my constitutional rights.

I would feel the same way about a restaurant that banned any negative statements about the President, or that required strip searches before you enter. I don't value the RKBA any less than these rights.

saltydog452

Post by saltydog452 »

I am really, really. really going to miss their Green Chili Stew.

There is no shortage of acceptable Beef eateries, but losing access to real ( read Pork) BBQ and Green Chili Stew is a major loss to humanity.

salty

Dave2
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Dave2 »

Huh... I gather that Rudy's is some sort of BBQ joint, but I've never even heard of them until now. Oh well.
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

Dave2

Post by Dave2 »

saltydog452 wrote:I am really, really. really going to miss their Green Chili Stew.

There is no shortage of acceptable Beef eateries, but losing access to real ( read Pork) BBQ and Green Chili Stew is a major loss to humanity.

salty
Have you ever been to Red Hot and Blue? (Thanks, Keith :tiphat:) Dunno if they have green chili stew, but I recall liking their BBQ. There's one at the north-east corner of 75 & some street that's two or three exits south of 635. They are a chain, but I don't know where the others are located. And they're not in the texas3006 database.
Last edited by Dave2 on Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

Keith B
Posts in topic: 12

Post by Keith B »

Dave2 wrote:
saltydog452 wrote:I am really, really. really going to miss their Green Chili Stew.

salty
Have you ever been to Red White and Blue? Dunno if they have green chili stew, but I recall liking their BBQ. There's one at the north-east corner of 75 & some street that's two or three exits south of 635. They are a chain, but I don't know where the others are located. And they're not in the texas3006 database.
It's actually Red, Hot and Blue and no they don't have green chili stew, but do have decent Memphis-style BBQ samiches. At least decent for Texas. That locations is 75 & Walnut Hill. They also have a location in Plano at Preston and Plano Parkway, and Flower Mound, Irving, Fort Worth and North Richland Hills in the DFW area. Here is their website http://www.redhotandblue.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I consider myself a BBQ coni-sewer as I grew up close to Memphis and along the Mississippi River where some of the best 'que in the country comes from. And, a family friend owns the biggest commercial BBQ pit building businesses in the country, Ole Hickory Pits. So, I got spoiled on really great BBQ ribs and pulled pork.

As for Rudy's I have never been a big fan. I think their BBQ is mediocre at best. Eat there every once-in-awhile, but if they are gonna post their locations 30.06, then my business goes elsewhere. My personal preference for BBQ around DFW is Hutchin's in McKinney.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

CC Italian
Posts in topic: 2

Post by CC Italian »

I consider myself a BBQ coni-sewer as I grew up close to Memphis and along the Mississippi River where some of the best 'que in the country comes from.
I am not going to say anything against good Texas BBQ but you sir are correct! Best ribs I have ever had hands down have been in both St.Louis and Memphis! Brisket might be another story but those two cities have amazing ribs!

Dave2

Post by Dave2 »

Keith B wrote:
Dave2 wrote:

salty
Have you ever been to Red White and Blue? Dunno if they have green chili stew, but I recall liking their BBQ. There's one at the north-east corner of 75 & some street that's two or three exits south of 635. They are a chain, but I don't know where the others are located. And they're not in the texas3006 database.
It's actually Red, Hot and Blue
D'oh! That's what I get for not paying attention. Clearly I need more coffee.

Topic author
rvsullivan

Post by rvsullivan »

Just received a very nice email from Rudy's saying they made a mistake and have taken down any 30.06 signs that may have been posted. Thought that was very quick and appreciated.

Heartland Patriot

Post by Heartland Patriot »

rvsullivan wrote:Just received a very nice email from Rudy's saying they made a mistake and have taken down any 30.06 signs that may have been posted. Thought that was very quick and appreciated.
YAY! Knew it didn't sound right...whoever heard of a Texas BBQ joint not allowing "shooting irons"? (Even if it is a chain...) ;-)

:txflag:

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”