Rudy's BBQ is now posted (Updated: No longer posted)

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Heartland Patriot

Re: Rudy's BBQ is now posted

Post by Heartland Patriot »

Doesn't seem like a very smart move for a BBQ chain in the State of Texas. Maybe that one store (manager) wanted to post it, and said that it was corporate policy to fade the heat, or deflect questions. What happens then? Most people mumble something about the "blinkty-blank corporation" and that's that...I've never eaten at one of those places, and I don't think there is one close by to me. Maybe someone with one nearby can check and then post an update.

stroguy
Posts in topic: 3

Post by stroguy »

I will swing by the Rudys in Spring tomorrow and give an update here and at 3006.

apostate
Posts in topic: 4

Post by apostate »

I miss Otto's on Memorial. :sad:

Heartland Patriot

stroguy wrote:I will swing by the Rudys in Spring tomorrow and give an update here and at 3006.
Thanks. Maybe a couple more folks could do the same at other locations and see if its multiple places...that might help settle it, in regards to it being corporate.

v-rog
Posts in topic: 1

Post by v-rog »

I had breakfast at Rudy's in Arlington this morning and I didn't notice a 30.06 sign. I usually have a couple of their breakfast tacos on Sunday mornings with a friend but if I do see a posted sign, that will be the end of my visits!
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Remember 31 Connollystraße & Benghazi
Faith Under Fire ISBN# 9780307408815

FL450

Post by FL450 »

rvsullivan wrote:This week my local Rudy's put up the dreaded 30.06 signs. When questioned I was told this was a Rudy's corporate decision and all stores are now off limits. Anyone else notice this.
Wonder if the local managment acted on his own accord and is just passing the buck to corporate.
I love the sound smell of jet fuel in the morning.
Fat thumbs + IPhone = errors, please forgive.

tallmike

Post by tallmike »

The Rudy's in the Austin area are a franchisee (they also own and created Mighty Fine Burgers). I don't know how many of the others are owned by the main Rudy's corporate folks, but I know at least some of them are franchisee's.

Perhaps this is just one franchisee, or perhaps its the corporate folks, but its probably not going to be the same at all Rudy's.

E.Marquez
Posts in topic: 2

Post by E.Marquez »

Rudy's is the McDonalds of BBQ, no loss.

Their BBQ is no better the a McDonalds Hamburger is to a real meat home built burger.
Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas
Contact we.chip.pets@gmail.com

Topic author
rvsullivan

Post by rvsullivan »

My Rudy's is the Rio Grande Valley. I talked to the General Manager and he said it was a corporate decision and was told last Tuesday to put the signs up. They really did not seem to even understand what the sign meant. I told him I was going to post on here and he said "go ahead". That's all I know, he said all stores.

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

According to Wikepedia, the corporate offices are located in Lakeway, TX. So it just might be another Austin area Libera,l anti-gun organization. It is privately owned.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

kjolly

Post by kjolly »

The Rudy's near my home in Austin I would rate as the 3rd best bar-b-que in town. Will disarm to get my fix but never eat there. Just in and out to bring it home.
Texas CHL Instructor, NRA Certified Trainer, IDPA
NRA Range Safety Officer

http://www.tacticalpistol.us

OldCannon
Posts in topic: 2

Post by OldCannon »

kjolly wrote:The Rudy's near my home in Austin I would rate as the 3rd best bar-b-que in town. Will disarm to get my fix but never eat there. Just in and out to bring it home.
That's the opposite of my mindset. Even if I thought it was the best BBQ, I would let the manager know that I not only disagree with their policies, but others do too, and I will ensure that until the sign comes down, we will take our business elsewhere.

Seriously, I don't go into ANY 30.06 eateries/entertainment places, even if my friends drag me there and I'm not armed. They don't get my money, period. We should all be this way. They're exercising a legal choice, so should we. I will not just shrug my shoulders and go in. I reckon that's just me.
I don't fear guns; I fear voters and politicians that fear guns.

DocV

Post by DocV »

kjolly wrote:The Rudy's near my home in Austin I would rate as the 3rd best bar-b-que in town. Will disarm to get my fix but never eat there. Just in and out to bring it home.
What? No drive-through lane?

Heartland Patriot

OldCannon wrote:
That's the opposite of my mindset. Even if I thought it was the best BBQ, I would let the manager know that I not only disagree with their policies, but others do too, and I will ensure that until the sign comes down, we will take our business elsewhere.

Seriously, I don't go into ANY 30.06 eateries/entertainment places, even if my friends drag me there and I'm not armed. They don't get my money, period. We should all be this way. They're exercising a legal choice, so should we. I will not just shrug my shoulders and go in. I reckon that's just me.
I do my best to stay out of places posted 30.06, and I mean even when not armed. :smilelol5: SOME places are unavoidable at times (hospitals, nursing homes, etc.) but BUSINESSES of the sell-you-stuff type don't need my money that badly, I guess. I probably ain't hurting their bottom line all that much, but at least its something.

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Oldgringo »

Speaking of posted places, y'all are posting these locations here, ain't you?

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”