Accident At Reds Gun Range

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
dihappy
Posts in topic: 3

Accident At Reds Gun Range

Post by dihappy »

Got this from one of the forums i frequent.
Pretty sad.
3 of my employees had come to Austin for some training and none of them had ever been to TX before. So, I wanted to give them a big Texas welcome and sample the best restaurants in Austin and we even made a trip out to Red's Gun Range in Pflugerville. One of my employees had never even shot a gun before, so this was going to be very exciting for him.

So, we get our lane assignment and walk into the range. I get up the the bench and set my bag down. Next thing I know, the guy in the lane right next to me shoots himself in the head. I got the range officer and we got the others out of the range. Unfortunately there was a mother and her 2 kids (probably around 8 and 10 years old) that had to walk past the body to get to the exit.

Needless to say, what would have been a fun night quicky turned into something surreal. It was a couple of hours before I got out of there - I still have to go back and get my gun and bag. All I can say is that the police and the staff at Red's were very professional, extremely helpful and kind to everyone during this unfortunate event.

I am asking you all to join me in praying for this man's family, for his soul, and for the children that had to see this troubling sight. This is also a reminder to you all to be safe out there and watch out for others.
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

stroguy
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Accident At Reds Gun Range

Post by stroguy »

Suicide or accident? I cannot open the link.

speedsix
Posts in topic: 12

Post by speedsix »

...the article is a direct quote from the poster at the other forum...the twitter says suicide...nothing we have says accident...but it's possible...

pbwalker

Post by pbwalker »

news article? All I find online is forum posts and hearsay.
*NRA Endowment Member* | Veteran
Vote Adam Kraut for the NRA Board of Directors - http://www.adamkraut.com/

stroguy
Posts in topic: 2

Post by stroguy »

Title of the thread states accident, I wasn't sure.

speedsix

Post by speedsix »

...since it just happened last night...prolly din't make the papers yet...no reason to doubt the poster...

speedsix

Post by speedsix »

stroguy wrote:Title of the thread states accident, I wasn't sure.

...probably wishful thinking...sad to think that people actually make that choice...

pbwalker

Post by pbwalker »

speedsix wrote:...since it just happened last night...prolly din't make the papers yet...no reason to doubt the poster...
Who's doubting the poster? I was just asking for a source.
*NRA Endowment Member* | Veteran
Vote Adam Kraut for the NRA Board of Directors - http://www.adamkraut.com/

Topic author
dihappy

Post by dihappy »

Yeah, I was just hoping it was an accident, dont know for sure. Just a quote from a fellow forum member.

eureka40
Posts in topic: 4

Post by eureka40 »

I have not heard anything about this and I'm very close to Red's in Pflugerville.
TSRA Life Memeber

i8godzilla

Post by i8godzilla »

This sounds a little different than the other accounts. I guess with the one in the OPs post this one and the one at the other location recently, Red's is becoming quite the place to end one's life.

http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/local/poli ... ange-death" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by i8godzilla on Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No State shall convert a liberty into a privilege, license it, and charge a fee therefor. -- Murdock v. Pennsylvania
If the State converts a right into a privilege, the citizen can ignore the license and fee and engage in the right with impunity. -- Shuttleworth v. City of Birmingham

speedsix

Post by speedsix »

...March 2010...outside...another attempted in 2009...happens too often across the country...
Last edited by speedsix on Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

i8godzilla

Post by i8godzilla »

speedsix wrote:...March 2010...
I hit the enter key before I finished my post. I edited the completion above....
No State shall convert a liberty into a privilege, license it, and charge a fee therefor. -- Murdock v. Pennsylvania
If the State converts a right into a privilege, the citizen can ignore the license and fee and engage in the right with impunity. -- Shuttleworth v. City of Birmingham

eureka40
Posts in topic: 4

Post by eureka40 »

That's from March 2010.
TSRA Life Memeber

i8godzilla

Post by i8godzilla »

eureka40 wrote:That's from March 2010.
Let me try and clear up what I was trying to convey. There have been three suicides or attempts at Red's in recent history: The one the OP reported, the one at the other location (December I think), and the link I posted above. My point was that this business seems to be attracting, for whatever reason, folks that no longer wish to breathe in this Earth.

Return to “Never Again!!”