Inappropriate propagandizing during CHL class

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

pcgizzmo
Posts in topic: 5

Re: Inappropriate propagandizing during CHL class

Post by pcgizzmo »

I said "Welcome" Matrix but I think I should say "Goodbye" you won't be here tomorrow. Maybe I'm wrong but I doubt it.

Topic author
matrix
Banned
Posts in topic: 32

Post by matrix »

pcgizzmo wrote:I said "Welcome" Matrix but I think I should say "Goodbye" you won't be here tomorrow. Maybe I'm wrong but I doubt it.
pcgizzmo, do you have a personal opinion on why you think that may be the case? Or why that should be the case? Or are you just succumbing to group dynamics and going with the flow? I'm genuinely curious. You've been one of the most fair forum members in responding honestly and fairly (again, sorry for not responding, too many to respond to). So what do you think is my cardinal sin (beyond having a different POV than most forum members)?

johnson0317
Posts in topic: 2

Post by johnson0317 »

As I said, not impressed (seriously). Off to a more substantive thread.
CHL Received 5/16/11
Proud Member NRA
Proud Member Texas Concealed Handgun Association
Proud Member Second Amendment Foundation
Proud Member of The Truth Squad founded by Tom Gresham. "A lie left unchallenged becomes the truth"

Topic author
matrix
Banned

Post by matrix »

johnson0317 wrote:As I said, not impressed (seriously). Off to a more substantive thread.
Off to a safer place. No "dissenting opinions" and "opposite points of view" and other such uncomfortable things.

pcgizzmo
Posts in topic: 5

Post by pcgizzmo »

matrix wrote:
pcgizzmo wrote:I said "Welcome" Matrix but I think I should say "Goodbye" you won't be here tomorrow. Maybe I'm wrong but I doubt it.
pcgizzmo, do you have a personal opinion on why you think that may be the case? Or why that should be the case? Or are you just succumbing to group dynamics and going with the flow? I'm genuinely curious. You've been one of the most fair forum members in responding honestly and fairly (again, sorry for not responding, too many to respond to). So what do you think is my cardinal sin (beyond having a different POV than most forum members)?
I could be wrong but I think Charles mentioned that you should basically change the subject and not continue in this thread. I'm not saying I agree or disagree but it's his forum. I haven't made my mind up about you yet and I honestly don't see a problem with what your discussing here except it was a trollish first post and raises suspicion that your trying to start trouble. You have conducted yourself fairly well so I'm guessing that's why your sill here.

The problem with your topic is that as you already know and I'm just stating for the sake of the post is your stepping on toes because the type of instructor you probably had in your class is very much the same audience your complaining to. Added to that it's hard to step on toes without them hurting. This being your first post, your just asking to get banned right out of the gate.

Personally I enjoy seeing people discuss both sides of the issues and hope the forum can allow that w/out people getting angry etc.. but if not then you have to respect the mods and Charles because that's just the way it is.

Topic author
matrix
Banned

Post by matrix »

pcgizzmo wrote:I could be wrong but I think Charles mentioned that you should basically change the subject and not continue in this thread. I'm not saying I agree or disagree but it's his forum. I haven't made my mind up about you yet and I honestly don't see a problem with what your discussing here except it was a trollish first post and raises suspicion that your trying to start trouble. You have conducted yourself fairly well so I'm guessing that's why your sill here.

The problem with your topic is that as you already know and I'm just stating for the sake of the post is your stepping on toes because the type of instructor you probably had in your class is very much the same audience your complaining to. Added to that it's hard to step on toes without them hurting. This being your first post, your just asking to get banned right out of the gate.

Personally I enjoy seeing people discuss both sides of the issues and hope the forum can allow that w/out people getting angry etc.. but if not then you have to respect the mods and Charles because that's just the way it is.
I totally understand every single thing you're saying to me. But I don't think that way. I didn't think: "This is a right wing forum, if I post a dissenting opinion they'll ban me immediately because they don't like dissenting opinions and prefer to remain within their safe cocoons." No, I give everybody the benefit of the doubt, assume they're fair-minded, and that they can take an honest challenge to their beliefs and/or strongly held opinions. That's what I think about every single member of this forum, except those who have already voluntarily excluded themselves from that crowd. I have common courtesy and respect for the members of this forum. Some have responded with the opposite of common courtesy and respect, as expected. But that doesn't change my opinion about the majority.

Topic author
matrix
Banned

Post by matrix »

BTW, I have no pretensions that I'll be here in the morning. Mr. Cotton has proven himself to be stern and rather trigger happy, so I bid all of you adieu. But, whether you know it or not, you'll be poorer for it. And yes, after I'm gone there will be the deluge of put-downs and insults that usually follows these things. That's ok. I still think most of you are decent people. I think many of you remained silent even though you agreed with me because of group dynamics, just like I know many of you will employ sarcastic remarks in denying that claim.

I still think the site administration should not ban me, as I have not broken any rules, have engaged in substantive discussion respectfully, and not responded to many personal attacks on me.

longtooth
Posts in topic: 4

Post by longtooth »

Enough.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”