Vehicle Break Ins-Carrollton

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

surprise_i'm_armed
Posts in topic: 2
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Re: Vehicle Break Ins-Carrollton

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

Some time ago I had read that Japanese vehicles were very easy to open up
by thieves. Reason: Japan doesn't have the level of car burglaries that the USA does,
so Japanese carmakers didn't make sufficiently tough car door locks/ignition locks.

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

mojo84
Posts in topic: 3

Post by mojo84 »

Received word from the detective that the guy that broke into my vehicle has been arrested. Unfortunately, he was arrested for two other burglaries and not mine. They were not able to make a case on mine sure to the quality of the video. He was also wanted on other warrants. At least the scumbag is in jail for the time being. Good job SAPD.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

PappaGun

Post by PappaGun »

92f-fan wrote:...I live in Carrollton and prefer to wrap my car in a garage ;-)
Bingo

I know it's not always possible to fit all your vehicles in your garage, especially trucks. Mine only has 6 inches between the door and my rear bumper. When I bought the truck a couple months ago my first priority was one the would fit in the garage.

When I walk around my neighborhood I'm regularly amazed by people who have garages full of what looks like junk to me.
And their cars are parked ouside.

Two car garages with a few dollars worth of junk inside and $75,000 worth of cars outside

:headscratch
"Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed, as they are in almost every country in Europe."
- Noah Webster

"All we ask for is registration, just like we do for cars."
- Charles Schumer

Dave2

Post by Dave2 »

PappaGun wrote:Two car garages with a few dollars worth of junk inside and $75,000 worth of cars outside

Because air-conditioning the driveway is hard?
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

PappaGun

Post by PappaGun »

Dave2 wrote:
PappaGun wrote:Two car garages with a few dollars worth of junk inside and $75,000 worth of cars outside

Still trying to figure this out...
"Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed, as they are in almost every country in Europe."
- Noah Webster

- Charles Schumer

Dave2

Post by Dave2 »

PappaGun wrote:
Dave2 wrote:

Cars don't need to be kept cool or dry while they're "in storage", but all of the "junk" probably at least needs to be kept dry. If, for whatever reasons, you both need to store this stuff and you're limited to either keeping it piled up in the driveway or keeping it piled up in the garage, which would you pick?

(I can't really think of any long-term reasons why one would have both these needs and limitations, but perhaps I'm just not creative enough.)
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

PappaGun

Post by PappaGun »

Dave2 wrote:
PappaGun wrote:
Dave2 wrote:

Cars don't need to be kept cool or dry while they're "in storage", but all of the "junk" probably at least needs to be kept dry. If, for whatever reasons, you both need to store this stuff and you're limited to either keeping it piled up in the driveway or keeping it piled up in the garage, which would you pick?

(I can't really think of any long-term reasons why one would have both these needs and limitations, but perhaps I'm just not creative enough.)
What I would and have picked is to line my garage with shelves and not pile it up at all. Most of the garages I see have stuff piled up in heaps that could be better stored or organized if they cared to. And they could then also get the vehicles parked inside.
- Noah Webster

- Charles Schumer

tommyg
Posts in topic: 1

Post by tommyg »

I take pictures of all of my firearms.
I make sure the serial numbers
are readable in the images.
If they are stolen I have the info readily
available to give to the cops. Then I have