Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
RPB
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Bloomberg

Post by RPB »

@MikeBloomberg Mike Bloomberg
A new undercover investigation by NYC uncovers a vast, online market for illegal firearms: http://www.mikebloomberg.com/index.cfm? ... 96BD56E3AF" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mayor Bloomberg Announces Results of First Ever National Investigation into Illegal Online Gun Sales
http://www.mikebloomberg.com/index.cfm? ... 96BD56E3AF" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
_PatJohnson_ Pat Johnson
@MikeBloomberg the only thing illegal is some idiot unconstitutionally infringed on the right to keep and bear
2 minutes ago
Last edited by RPB on Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

Topic author
RPB
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Bloomberg

Post by RPB »

FirequestAmmo FireQuest Ammo
#gun In Latest Gun Inquiry, City Finds Willing Sellers Online
http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/ ... rs-online/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:mrgreen: "rlol"

==========================
_PatJohnson_ Pat Johnson

@MikeBloomberg you need 2 investigate individuals selling used dishwashers 2 other individuals without background checks I know they do that
_PatJohnson_ Pat Johnson
Bloomberg's favorite word is "loophole" it's a Liberal's synonym for "freedom" ... he thinks we have too many
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

MasterOfNone
Posts in topic: 1

Post by MasterOfNone »

I like this typical bleeding heart appeal:
one of the guns we bought was the same make and model as the one that took the life of Police Officer Figoski this week
I'm sure someone has been killed using a Dodge Caravan, but that doesn't make the Dodge dealer a bad guy for selling one just like it.
How about "the shoe store is selling the same brand and model of shoes the shoe bomber wore?"
http://www.PersonalPerimeter.com
DFW area LTC Instructor
NRA Pistol Instructor, Range Safety Officer, Recruiter

ajwakeboarder

Post by ajwakeboarder »

Why is he investigating people selling guns in Texas? Shouldn't his power be limited to NYC?? :mad5
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

stroo

Post by stroo »

You do have to wonder however why anyone would sell a gun to someone who said they couldn't pass the background check. That would be a pretty obvious red flag that something smelled.

On the other hand, you have to wonder if they really said that as well.

Dave2

Post by Dave2 »

ajwakeboarder wrote:Why is he investigating people selling guns in Texas? Shouldn't his power be limited to NYC?? :mad5
It is, but as long as he doesn't try to have any of his henchmen try to arrest anyone outside his jurisdiction, I'm not certain that any law has been broken.

There was a similar discussion here a while back about NYC cops investigating gun shows in I think AZ or TX; I can't recall the what consensus or outcome was.
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

JJVP

Post by JJVP »

Dave2 wrote:
ajwakeboarder wrote:Why is he investigating people selling guns in Texas? Shouldn't his power be limited to NYC?? :mad5
It is, but as long as he doesn't try to have any of his henchmen try to arrest anyone outside his jurisdiction, I'm not certain that any law has been broken.

There was a similar discussion here a while back about NYC cops investigating gun shows in I think AZ or TX; I can't recall the what consensus or outcome was.

If the people that bought the guns could not legally buy them, they as well as Mr. Bloomberg should be arrested. If they were legal to buy guns, then no laws were broken. Mr. Bloomberg needs to stay in NYC and out TX..
:rules:
2nd Amendment. America's Original Homeland Security.
Alcohol, Tobacco , Firearms. Who's Bringing the Chips?
No Guns. No Freedom. Know Guns. Know Freedom.

Heartland Patriot

Post by Heartland Patriot »

Now c'mon...you folks know as well as I do the process for buying firearms online. Once you make the purchase, it still has to go to an FFL and you have to do the paperwork and they charge you a transfer fee, usually...this is just another anti-2A propaganda hit piece from King, oh I mean Mayor, Bloomjerk and his little henchmen...and if we ever manage to get an Attorney General of the USA with some backbone, I'm hoping that AG tells the mighty King, sorry I did it again, I meant Mayor to keep to his knitting in his own kingdom, I mean city.

As a final note, respect is earned not given...

USASGT

Post by USASGT »

[quote="RPB"][quote]@MikeBloomberg Mike Bloomberg
A new undercover investigation by NYC uncovers a vast, online market for illegal firearms:

I am reasonably certain there is an online market for a lot of other illegal things, too.
U.S. Army 1982-87
Patriot Guard Rider
N.R.A. Member

Tamie

Post by Tamie »

For a man who made a fortune selling accurate information to Wall Street, he sure seems to spread a lot of manure in his political life, and ignore the truth about gun control laws.

ddurkof

Post by ddurkof »

I heard Bloomberg say that illegals are no longer coming across the border too. His credibility is questionable.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”