Dallas Zoo

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

jdlott74
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Dallas Zoo

Post by jdlott74 »

I went on Friday with some family members to take DD, who is 3. We rode from Plano to the Zoo on the Dart Rail. I was carrying the entire time, IWB in the center of my back. Nobody knew I had it on. I didn't see ANY signs at the Zoo about not being able to carry and I looked. I had to go to the member services counter at the merry go round to get tickets for that and walked through the gates out front and show them our tickets we had already purchased. NO SIGN!!! It wouldn't have mattered to me. From the previous posts, they are trying to play it off as an amusement park or education? NOT!!! As long as I don't see a proper sign, I'm carrying.
My CHL Application
10/23/2010 -- CHL class
10/25/2010 - Quals and Fingerprinting Done
11/3/2010 -- Application mailed to DPS
11/9/2010 -- Received at DPS
12/18/2010 -- Plastic in hand

C-dub
Posts in topic: 8

Post by C-dub »

Too many animals escape from the Dallas Zoo for me not to carry there. I haven't been there yet, but if and when I do I will be carrying. I have carried at the FW Zoo.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

speedsix
Posts in topic: 3

Post by speedsix »

...depending on which exhibit you're caught at...it could be a government meeting...

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

speedsix wrote:...depending on which exhibit you're caught at...it could be a government meeting...
"rlol" "rlol" "rlol"
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

rp_photo
Posts in topic: 5

Post by rp_photo »

speedsix wrote:...depending on which exhibit you're caught at...it could be a government meeting...
I'm sure the Zoo can claim to be a government entity or a private organization depending on which suits them best.
CHL since 2/2011
Glock 26, S&W 442, Ruger SP101 .357 3",
S&W M&P 40, Remington 870 Express 12 ga 18"

wgoforth
Posts in topic: 1

Post by wgoforth »

Speed....you always have a sarcastic comment.... I LIKE it :mrgreen:
NRA Life Member
NRA Instructor for Refuse To Be A Victim
Instructor of Basic, Advanced and Defensive Handgun, CHL
http://www.castlekeepservices.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dragonfighter
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Dragonfighter »

You mean as in "congress" if you enter the baboon area?
I Thess 5:21
Disclaimer: IANAL, IANYL, IDNPOOTV, IDNSIAHIE and IANROFL
"There is no situation so bad that you can't make it worse." - Chris Hadfield, NASA ISS Astronaut

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Pawpaw »

Dragonfighter wrote:
I thought he meant the snake house! :lol:
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

sjfcontrol

Post by sjfcontrol »

Pawpaw wrote:
Dragonfighter wrote:

Elephants & Donkeys? :biggrinjester:
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

sjfcontrol wrote:
Pawpaw wrote:
Dragonfighter wrote:

Nah. The zoo is smart enough to keep them separated! :rolll
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Pawpaw wrote:
sjfcontrol wrote:
Pawpaw wrote:
Dragonfighter wrote:

Nah. The zoo is smart enough to keep them separated! :rolll
Kinda like Congress and the Senate or the FBI and the ATF. Just different departments.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”