App not complete (attn Instructors & Students)

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
jchamb
Posts in topic: 3

App not complete (attn Instructors & Students)

Post by jchamb »

I just got my first update on my application, and everything is just fine until I get to this part:
Proof of Classroom training : Received
Proof of Proficiency training : Not received, notice sent to applicant (Big Red X)

Huh? I called DPS and was told that the CHL-100 was incomplete. I had made a copy, and took a look and found the "problem".

There are two blocks on the form, one for Classroom Training, and one for Proficiency Training. To the right of each block is the Instructor Information, which displays the instructors name, number, location and dates.

Although the proficiency block at the top of the form was marked 'Pass", and the instructor had completed and signed the info under Proficiency Training, he had written is name, location etc. on the top block, but on the bottom block and written "Same". Everything else on the form was complete.
I got a polite butt-chewing from the woman who answered the phone regarding "These instructors need to start following the rules! They think they can do whatever they want etc, etc). She said that the whole class was going to be rejected, and we all must locate our instructor and have him complete the form properly. I thanked her for letting me know what the problem was and said that I would try to get it fixed.

Just something to be aware of...
ARGGGGGGGGGGGG!!
:rules:
Carry guns (only 1 at a time!)
Glock 26
Glock 19
S&W Bodyguard 380
S&W Chief Special
Colt Detective Special
Ruger SP101
NRA Life member

noosh9057
Posts in topic: 2

Re: App not complete (attn Instructors & Students)

Post by noosh9057 »

WOW. Did you get with the instruter on this and is he going to fix the problem?

Roger
CHL Class 09//28/11
Fingerprints 10/04/11
Mailed 10/04/11
Received. 10/06/11
Background Check : Under review 10/15/11
Background Check : Completed 10/18/11
Manufacturing Pending 10/18/11
Manufacturing 10/19/11
Mailed 10/25/11
PLASTIC 10/28/11
Glock 17 9mm

longtooth
Posts in topic: 1

Post by longtooth »

Word of Mouth is my best & most cost efficent advertising.

I am afraind he did a :oops: :oops: :oops:
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Topic author
jchamb

Post by jchamb »

I went to the range where I took my classes, and my instructor will be there on Sunday to teach a renewal class. He said that he'll complete all the information and initial the results (just to make sure).

It looks like my background check is proceeding, so maybe I'll get the form back to them without causing a delay.
Glock 26
Glock 19
S&W Bodyguard 380
S&W Chief Special
Colt Detective Special
Ruger SP101
NRA Life member

noosh9057
Posts in topic: 2

Post by noosh9057 »

jchamb wrote:I went to the range where I took my classes, and my instructor will be there on Sunday to teach a renewal class. He said that he'll complete all the information and initial the results (just to make sure).

It looks like my background check is proceeding, so maybe I'll get the form back to them without causing a delay.
Glad to here this.
CHL Class 09//28/11
Fingerprints 10/04/11
Mailed 10/04/11
Received. 10/06/11
Background Check : Under review 10/15/11
Background Check : Completed 10/18/11
Manufacturing Pending 10/18/11
Manufacturing 10/19/11
Mailed 10/25/11
PLASTIC 10/28/11
Glock 17 9mm

MasterOfNone

Post by MasterOfNone »

jchamb wrote:I went to the range where I took my classes, and my instructor will be there on Sunday to teach a renewal class. He said that he'll complete all the information and initial the results (just to make sure).

This still sounds a bit strange. I have never done anything but complete the form as indicated. The "initial the results" part makes me wonder. He has to sign both sections of the form, so what would there be to initial, unless he plans to just make corrections to the copy of the one he already gave you. Doing that would likely delay it again.
http://www.PersonalPerimeter.com
DFW area LTC Instructor
NRA Pistol Instructor, Range Safety Officer, Recruiter

Seabear

Post by Seabear »

:headscratch Who told him to write "Same" :headscratch

Goober.
Carry safe and carry when and where you can. I'm just sayin'.

Topic author
jchamb

Post by jchamb »

He has apparently been teaching the class since the program started, but I don't know if he's been filling out the papers like that or not. All of the proper checkmarks and signatures are on the form. The only part is the block which says "Printed Name, Instructor Number, Location, and date".

Since he wrote "same" in the Printed Name block, he will initial it to indicate that he had made a change to the original form. It would have taken someone at DPS about 1 minute to fill in the info, which is repeated in the block above - but I understand their issuse with the incomplete form (although I don't agree).
Glock 26
Glock 19
S&W Bodyguard 380
S&W Chief Special
Colt Detective Special
Ruger SP101
NRA Life member

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”