Fatality @ The Bullet Hole in San Antonio

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
heyeng
Posts in topic: 4

Fatality @ The Bullet Hole in San Antonio

Post by heyeng »

This serves as a reminder to be incredibly careful when enjoying our sport. This afternoon, a man was shot in the head and died. There aren't too many details, but word is that the sheriff's office collected all the guns that were in use at the time and that video surveillance was in use.

RIP to the victim.

Topic author
heyeng

Re: Fatality @ The Bullet Hole in San Antonio

Post by heyeng »

http://www.woai.com/news/local/story/Ma ... mSCeA.cspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Keith B
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Keith B »

My vote is suicide. The happen a lot more than you would think and many don't get any publicity. I personally know of 3 that have happened and in each case there was no way they could have been accidental unless the person was just totally stupid and put the gun to their head. One was a rifle under the chin and the other two were pistols direct into the temple.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Topic author
heyeng

Post by heyeng »

Keith B wrote:My vote is suicide. The happen a lot more than you would think and many don't get any publicity. I personally know of 3 that have happened and in each case there was no way they could have been accidental unless the person was just totally stupid and put the gun to their head. One was a rifle under the chin and the other two were pistols direct into the temple.
Well, as much as I hate to say it, I do hope this is the case. Not to take away from someone feeling so helpless that they feel they have no choice but to kill themselves, but that would serve our cause much better than if it was an AD.

San Antonio already has enough people demanding the closing of outdoor ranges... :mad5

goheeled

Post by goheeled »

This sounds so horribly wrong to say, but I hope that it was a suicide and not an accident that cost an innocent shooter his life. It's inconceivable to me, how someone could feel that they are left with only that choice. Regardless, my prayers for the fallen.

Shoot safe.

Rod Townsend
Go Heeled Firearms Training
Texas LTC Instructor
NRA Training Counselor & Chief Range Safety Officer

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

If someone decided to 'off' him/herself in my vicinity and that selfish inconsiderate act caused the local constabulary to confiscate my gun/s, I would be highly annoyed to say the least. How rude!

68Charger
Posts in topic: 3

Post by 68Charger »

Wow...

That's my shooting range..

Wow..
We don't need no stinking badges!

TLynnHughes
Posts in topic: 1

Post by TLynnHughes »

When I hear stories like this, I always wonder first, if we've lost a forum friend or if anyone who reads the forum message knows them personally. I feel so bad for those left to deal with the tragedy, no matter what the cause.

T.
Women's Program Match Director
PSC Shooting Club, Inc.

"I would like to see every woman know how to handle firearms as naturally as they know how to handle babies." -- Annie Oakley

Ed4032

Post by Ed4032 »

In the comments section below the article someone said that their father was there. They are saying it was suicide. So sad. Prayers for the family.
Gun control is like stopping drunk driving by making it harder for sober people to drive.

NRA Life Member

Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

News story from WOAI here, but no more info yet than heyeng posted.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

CEOofEVIL

Post by CEOofEVIL »

Wow, that's horrible. I can't understand why someone would kill themselves in plain view/proximity to other people enjoying their day. To put it lightly, that's just not right.

And not to derail the thread, but On the WOAI link posted above, I found the following comment:
I avoid the ranges on week ends. All kinds of weirdos show up with AK47s and such. Not a hunter in the bunch.
Good lord - I can't see an incident like this boding well for the gun community, especially when other "gun" people make comments like that. Folks that own AK's and/or tactical rifles aren't weirdos - we just enjoy a different style of shooting other than what hunting entails. :nono:

longhorn_92

Post by longhorn_92 »

TLynnHughes wrote:When I hear stories like this, I always wonder first, if we've lost a forum friend or if anyone who reads the forum message knows them personally. I feel so bad for those left to deal with the tragedy, no matter what the cause.

T.

I wonder the same thing. I can only think of how I would be feeling because I have been to that range...
“If you try to shoot me, I will have to shoot you back, and I promise you I won’t miss!”

NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Member

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

longhorn_92 wrote:
TLynnHughes wrote:When I hear stories like this, I always wonder first, if we've lost a forum friend or if anyone who reads the forum message knows them personally. I feel so bad for those left to deal with the tragedy, no matter what the cause.

T.

I wonder the same thing. I can only think of how I would be feeling because I have been to that range...
Me too. A number of times when our son lived in SA.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

pbwalker

Post by pbwalker »

I stopped shooting at the pistol range there because it's grossly unsafe. Not necessarily the setup, but most of the people. I still use their back bays though.

I'd be curious what this ends up being...
*NRA Endowment Member* | Veteran
Vote Adam Kraut for the NRA Board of Directors - http://www.adamkraut.com/

68Charger
Posts in topic: 3

Post by 68Charger »

I was talking to my brother around 1 to ask if he wanted to go to the range today. The Bullet Hole is my range. I've been going there since I was 18. I'm really thankful I didn't end up going with him because it would have been around THAT time if we had gotten there. Wow.. just.. amazed.

Thank you, God.

Stay safe everyone..

I mean, who expects something like that? Just.. at a loss for words.
We don't need no stinking badges!

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”