Class of August 2011 reunion

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Grapevinebill
Posts in topic: 7

Class of August 2011 reunion

Post by Grapevinebill »

Allow me as the last to graduate to the ranks of CHL holder to welcome you back to the class of August 2011 reunion thread. Stay in touch and pictures are welcome.
:txflag:
I've spent a lot of money on guns, bullets and holsters.... The rest I've just squandered away!

Cool Arrow
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Class of August 2011 reunion

Post by Cool Arrow »

Hey I remember you! I will get some pics of the iwb holster I made for my .380 soon.

Brushgun7303
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Brushgun7303 »

Finally a place to call home congrats to all CHL holders it's a new way of life :woohoo :thewave :thewave
RH
BTHO t.u.
GIG EM!!!!!!!
CHL since 9/21/11

Tx_XDm

Post by Tx_XDm »

New digs, great!!!! :thumbs2:
Last edited by Tx_XDm on Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
CHL since 09/21/2011
NRA Member
TSRA Member

ipscshooter
Posts in topic: 1

Post by ipscshooter »

Nice to see that everyone has gotten their cards. I've been carrying my P238 daily since mine arrived on 9/2, using a Sig pocket holster. Must work well, as no one seems to notice. The other day, my wife hit me with the "Is that a pistol in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me..." line. I told her I was happy to see her, but... Yeah... It's a pistol in my pocket. She apparently hasn't noticed that I've been packing everywhere we've gone for over a month. :mrgreen: Best wishes to all in the Class of August '11...
NRA Life Member
USPSA Member
NSCA Life Member

stroguy
Posts in topic: 1

Post by stroguy »

Today 2 new friends can accompany me.

CHL class at Spring Guns and Ammo - 8/27/11
Mailed application - 8/31/11
Fingerprints done - 9/1/11
Fingerprints received at DPS - 9/16/11
License in pocket - 10/8/11

Topic author
Grapevinebill

Wally Walk

Post by Grapevinebill »

Well don't say I didn't warn you. The old guy is the first to post pictures from a Wally Walk! :thewave

And with a little printing so you can see...Image
I've spent a lot of money on guns, bullets and holsters.... The rest I've just squandered away!

Topic author
Grapevinebill

Post by Grapevinebill »

And here is a picture of my carry weapon for now. I do need something a little more compact!

Beretta 96 .40

Tx_XDm

Post by Tx_XDm »

How has everybody been doing with EDC? I am still carrying my full size XDm .40. I gave up on getting the hard chrome KelTec PF-9 and ordered a blued model with black grip, it will be in some time next week. So, back to waiting . :waiting: I have my holster, gun belt already, and even got a good deal on a crimson trace laserguard. I will post a picture in the EDC thread once my gun arrives. Carrying has almost become second nature now for me. :mrgreen: :patriot:
CHL since 09/21/2011
NRA Member
TSRA Member

Cool Arrow

Post by Cool Arrow »

I see things differently a bit. I try not to get into places that may be trouble. I carry my .380 more than the XD9 SC but I think I will carry that one more during the cool months.

Brushgun7303

Post by Brushgun7303 »

how r u guys doing hey grapevine bill hows the max tuck holster i should get my mini tuck and super tuck tomorrow im also thinking about getting a max tuck due to the changable kydex and reviews, XD,Cool how r u guys and tips and storires? :txflag:
RH
BTHO t.u.
GIG EM!!!!!!!
CHL since 9/21/11

bluejay71
Posts in topic: 2

Post by bluejay71 »

Glad you finally graduated, Bill. I thought you were going to have an anurysm before it arrived. :biggrinjester:
I'm in school and it keeps me too busy to play here very much for the time being. But I've carried everywhere I've gone since the plastic arrived. Mostly my Bodyguard .380. I have a little holster with a clip on it that I can wear with pants that don't have belt loops or pockets. Even with fitted tshirts, you can't see it at the appendix position. Women who don't want to change the way they dress just don't really want to carry badly enough. It also disappears in jeans in the Infidel holster from CompTac. When I'm wearing a cover garment, I'll carry my M&P9c in the Minotaur. I don't leave my bedroom without being ready.
Can someone point me to instructions on how to post photos? I haven't figured that part out yet.
CHL since August 2012

Topic author
Grapevinebill

Post by Grapevinebill »

Hey everyone, Things in Grapevine are going well and I agree with Cool Arrow. There is a different feeling about the way I drive, where I go and my overall outlook. Kind of interesting and not something I expected. Brushgun, the max tuck is working well. I have been carrying everyday and to tell you the truth I don't even think the wife realizes its there. Which is a good thing since she can't grasp that a gun can be a very safe tool when used correctly. And Bluejay, youre right about the anurysm scare!! Hopefully I have relaxed and can see the world through a clearer set of eyes now. As for the posting the pictures I do it through a website called photobucket.com. You have to load the pictures to a server so the forum can see them. You can't post the pictures directly to the forum. When you upload to photobucket that site will give you a link to post on the thread. That link appears as the picture. Its really easy. Send me a PM if you need help.

Brushgun7303

Post by Brushgun7303 »

i just got a mini tuck for my taurus pt740 slim and all i can say is wow its really awesome i aloso got the super tuck for my s&w sigma 40. im trying it out and i already feel great with them these hybrid holsters are awesome. :anamatedbanana :woohoo
RH
BTHO t.u.
GIG EM!!!!!!!
CHL since 9/21/11

Brushgun7303

Post by Brushgun7303 »

been wearing my mini tuck and its a good holster im gonna have to sell all those other iwb holsters expecially hose nylon mikes oh well thinking about ordering a white hat max tuck they seem good too?
RH
BTHO t.u.
GIG EM!!!!!!!
CHL since 9/21/11

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”