Places to practice & train

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 4

PSC Shooting Club, Inc. Membership Waiting List

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

The Waiting List Request form has been published on the PSC website under the Forms tab. As I've posted elsewhere, the waiting list will give preference to people who fit the definition of a Legacy Member candidate. If/when those people have been accommodated, the remaining slots will be offered to people on the waiting list on a first-come-first-served basis.

Posting this form doesn't mean we are about to open up membership; we aren't! When Phase I of the expansion of Range 2 is completed and we have more pistol bays, the Board will evaluate membership again. We hope that will be in time for the November Board meeting, but that's not likely.

As mentioned in the email that went to Members, anyone false claiming Legacy Status need not look for an invitation to join the Club. We will be validating all of the information submitted.

Chas.

TLynnHughes
Posts in topic: 3

Re: PSC Shooting Club, Inc. Membership Waiting List

Post by TLynnHughes »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:The Waiting List Request form has been published on the PSC website under the Forms tab. As I've posted elsewhere, the waiting list will give preference to people who fit the definition of a Legacy Member candidate. If/when those people have been accommodated, the remaining slots will be offered to people on the waiting list on a first-come-first-served basis.

Posting this form doesn't mean we are about to open up membership; we aren't! When Phase I of the expansion of Range 2 is completed and we have more pistol bays, the Board will evaluate membership again. We hope that will be in time for the November Board meeting, but that's not likely.

As mentioned in the email that went to Members, anyone false claiming Legacy Status need not look for an invitation to join the Club. We will be validating all of the information submitted.

Chas.
Charles,

Do I need to complete the form as a Legacy Member (spouse of a member) if I want to upgrade my Associate Membership to Full Member?

Thanks,
Tracy
Women's Program Match Director
PSC Shooting Club, Inc.

"I would like to see every woman know how to handle firearms as naturally as they know how to handle babies." -- Annie Oakley

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

TLynnHughes wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:The Waiting List Request form has been published on the PSC website under the Forms tab. As I've posted elsewhere, the waiting list will give preference to people who fit the definition of a Legacy Member candidate. If/when those people have been accommodated, the remaining slots will be offered to people on the waiting list on a first-come-first-served basis.

Chas.
Charles,

Do I need to complete the form as a Legacy Member (spouse of a member) if I want to upgrade my Associate Membership to Full Member?

Thanks,
Tracy
Yes, though you obviously don't have to upgrade. I suspect most Legacy Members will be Members' "kids" that have grown up, but undoubtedly there will be some spouses who want to bring guests or don't want to risk being out of the club because of a death or divorce.

Chas.

TLynnHughes

Post by TLynnHughes »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:Yes, though you obviously don't have to upgrade. I suspect most Legacy Members will be Members' "kids" that have grown up, but undoubtedly there will be some spouses who want to bring guests or don't want to risk being out of the club because of a death or divorce.

Chas.
Thanks Charles. Since my son got married and my daughter-in-law is learning to shoot, there are times when we'd like to come out to the range by ourselves.

T.
PSC Shooting Club, Inc.

"I would like to see every woman know how to handle firearms as naturally as they know how to handle babies." -- Annie Oakley

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

TLynnHughes wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:Yes, though you obviously don't have to upgrade. I suspect most Legacy Members will be Members' "kids" that have grown up, but undoubtedly there will be some spouses who want to bring guests or don't want to risk being out of the club because of a death or divorce.

Chas.
Thanks Charles. Since my son got married and my daughter-in-law is learning to shoot, there are times when we'd like to come out to the range by ourselves.

T.
Your son and his wife come within the definition of a Legacy Member, so they may want to consider getting on the waiting list since they'd have priority.

Chas.

TLynnHughes

Post by TLynnHughes »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
TLynnHughes wrote:

Chas.

T.
Your son and his wife come within the definition of a Legacy Member, so they may want to consider getting on the waiting list since they'd have priority.

Chas.
I will certainly let them know they have the option. I would love to see them join. The son is leaving for boot camp in January and will be gone most of the year with training and such. But we'll discuss...maybe he can get on the list and Mom and Dad can pay for the first year as an anniversary present if his name comes to the top. ;-)

Tracy
PSC Shooting Club, Inc.

terryg
Posts in topic: 2

Post by terryg »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:As mentioned in the email that went to Members, anyone false claiming Legacy Status need not look for an invitation to join the Club. We will be validating all of the information submitted.

Chas.
I don't seem to have received that email.
... this space intentionally left blank ...

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

terryg wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:As mentioned in the email that went to Members, anyone false claiming Legacy Status need not look for an invitation to join the Club. We will be validating all of the information submitted.

Chas.
It was sent from the database of people who registered for PSC notices, not from the membership database.

I also have deleted about 2 or 3 dozen bad emails as well as emails from people using various anti-spam white lists that require me to submit a request. I simply don't have time for the extra work.

Chas.

terryg
Posts in topic: 2

Post by terryg »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
terryg wrote:

Chas.
It was sent from the database of people who registered for PSC notices, not from the membership database.
Thanks Mr. Cotton!!! I found the registration box on the PSC main page and signed up for notifications!
... this space intentionally left blank ...

XinTX
Posts in topic: 1

Post by XinTX »

Put my waitlist request in. Hope you open up membership soon.
“Public safety is always the first cry of the tyrant.” - Lord Gladstone

noosh9057
Posts in topic: 1

Post by noosh9057 »

Chas.

I am on the list!!!!!!

Roger
CHL Class 09//28/11
Fingerprints 10/04/11
Mailed 10/04/11
Received. 10/06/11
Background Check : Under review 10/15/11
Background Check : Completed 10/18/11
Manufacturing Pending 10/18/11
Manufacturing 10/19/11
Mailed 10/25/11